Hacking Cyclods problem

vnerd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I recieved my CycloDS in November. To make a long story short, after attempting to start the CycloDS a number of times, I figured it was broken, since it didnt detect the mini SD card. After switching mini SD cards with no results, I peeked inside (without opening it of course), curious to see if the problem was visible, and it was! Apparently, in its travels to me, or perhaps before it was even sent out, the inside of the CycloDS was damaged. The metal prongs on the inside that are supposed to be touched by the mini SD broken/bent. Now, onto the real issue. I've been trying to contact the seller for quite some time now, and to no avail. I've tried calling the number on the website and sending e-mails for the past 6 months, even posting the problem at the CycloDs forum . Can someone please give me a different means of contact, or perhaps tell me a way I can get reimbursed/ switched or even a way to try and fix it myself? Thank you kindly.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
The CycloDS uses Micro not mini sd cards doesn't it?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
lets double check here, you have a cylcods or a cyclods ievolution?

this flash kit uses micro sd cards, not mini. you might confuse those trying to help you if you give them incorrect information such as this.

as for getting a refund, good luck! team cylops is no longer in business. that means that the reseller will most likely not be able to return the card for a refund/replacement after you send it back to them. this is why they are probably ignoring you. your only real way of attack here depends on how you paid. if you paid using a credit card or paypal then you can make a case. but if it has really been 6 months it will be rather difficult to get someone to side with you. you waited much to long to make a case.

perhaps just accept that it was faulty, and move on by picking up a flash kit that is supported. check out the ak2i, scds2, and the r4i gold 3ds from the .cn team.

-another world

vnerd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I already expected that but I had to ask. As for the model it was a cyclods and as for the payment method it was cash so I won't be able to make a case. Oh well it's back to searching for flash kits. Thank you for the answer.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i had asked if it was the ievo because that card requires the user to flash specific files as the bootloader, the msd will appear to not function until you do that. if you are good with soldering you could fix your issue. but be aware that the msd slot draws power on bootup, so if you make a bad solder point you could blow a key fuse on the ds mobo.

as for other flash kits. i love my acekard 2i because of akaio. its an awesome kernel that has the highest homebrew/rom support. if you want features like real time save, in-game guide, a movie player, and some cool exclusive homebrew (snes/gba emulators, etc) then look into the scds2. the r4i gold 3ds from the .cn team is a great budget alternative to the ak2i. the wood kernel has similar compatibility and a few cool features.

we have reviews of all 3 cards on gbatemp, although the reviews are somewhat dated, you can get an idea of what to expect.

cheers,
-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.