GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So I am just wondering if there's gonna be a CycloDS for DSi because I am planning to buy CycloDS and as we all know,
they are a bit pricey and since i have DSL and a DSi..
i'm planning to purchase the one that would work on both DSi and DSL..

I saw some threads about this but they are pretty much old.. the last post was like November of 2008.. And I need a confirmation about this..

Thanks!
grog.gif

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
as far as I know there as not been any confirmation that there will be a cyclo for the dsi, although the makers of it showed one running on the dsi. If you want one for both the dsi and the lite then either get the acekard 2i, if you do not need the rts and other advanced features, or get the m3i zero on the 15th if you do want those advanced features. Hope that helped you.

TheDestroyer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I already have those
biggrin.gif
i do have 2 acekard 2i's and pre-ordered M3i zero..

someone might ask: so whats the point of getting cycloDS? I want my collection complete
happy.gif
Yea i know.. i'm crazy :3 and I heard CycloDS has good features that others don't have.. so anyway, ive seen cyclo team's video regarding to this.. But i sure hope they make something official that would work to DSi as well..

EDIT: if someone could found info or news about this.. Kindly reply on this thread thanks!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team Cyclops really hasn't said much about DSi since that one vid some time back. I think they're waiting until actual DSi mode is cracked before they bother making a cart that works on it. I have heard that it is impossible for TC to make the current CycloDS work on the DSi (even in half-ass mode, like all the "i" labeled carts do now) with a firmware update. So we'll have to wait for TC to release a whole new cart for DSi and they're being very quiet on the subject right now.

hoist20032002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder sir, I totally agree with you... Team TC are probably waiting for Team Twiizers to get done with their research before finalizing the new Cyclo DSi...Besides waiting on it will be well worth it in my opinion...Hell i have a SuperCard One DSi and it's not to my liking since the cheat engine has all those SCC files and the GUI is so slow...Gimme a Cyclo DS anyday but until then I'll have to deal with what i got.

TheDestroyer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Isaiah said:
Misleading title.

My apologies..
smile.gif

QUOTE(Rayder @ Jul 11 2009, 05:50 PM) Team Cyclops really hasn't said much about DSi since that one vid some time back. I think they're waiting until actual DSi mode is cracked before they bother making a cart that works on it. I have heard that it is impossible for TC to make the current CycloDS work on the DSi (even in half-ass mode, like all the "i" labeled carts do now) with a firmware update. So we'll have to wait for TC to release a whole new cart for DSi and they're being very quiet on the subject right now.

I notice that too, that they are being quiet about the DSi cart thingy.. and i dunno if they're working on it or not (or perhaps, they're working on something big)..
And if ever they could make cart that could run in DSi mode (i.e. that could play DSi exclusive games) that would be awesome... sooner or later someone would make that.. which i hope..

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
is pretty simple patients pays off
smile.gif

just compare those earlier released flash cart and those flash cart that is just released recently
you can see the differences
as times goes by the team knows what we want and they will try to work towards what we want
smile.gif

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. They probably are waiting on Team Twiizers to finish hacking DSi Mode (which they have but I guess they're doing testing) so they can release their own flashcart so we can play DSi games or DSi-Enhanced games on it as well. If they do this, I may just sell my Cyclo DS and my two DSL and gets the new one and a DSi lol.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Ragna said:
I agree. They probably are waiting on Team Twiizers to finish hacking DSi Mode (which they have but I guess they're doing testing) so they can release their own flashcart so we can play DSi games or DSi-Enhanced games on it as well. If they do this, I may just sell my Cyclo DS and my two DSL and gets the new one and a DSi lol.

i do hope thats true!
if thats the case if the flash cart is as expensive as 100 USD
i will also get it
it will be a no brainer!

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another thing most people don't think about is cost of manufacturing the chip. TC is probably waiting to have a really good DSI product that works extremely well, like the current model for the DS & DSL before investing money in the product. I personally would rather wait for a really good product than have to constantly keep upgrading the one I have. Firmware upgrades have a habbit of bricking a unit randomly in all models. Luckily I have never had this happen myself but it does happen. Besides for now I'll just use my Cyclods on my DSL. There hasn't been any warrented use of it on my DSI yet. Everything I have for my DSL works on my DSI except my Guitar hero which needs the plug port so no big deal till they start making DSI ONLY games.

leiger

Trophies
XP
Country
clonesniper666 said:
as far as I know there as not been any confirmation that there will be a cyclo for the dsi, although the makers of it showed one running on the dsi.

Team Cyclops is most definitely developing a DSi cart. I can tell you that with 100% certainty.

Just depends whether people are willing to wait
smile.gif
It'll be worth it.

TheDestroyer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Here is my email:

> Hi,
>
> Are you guys working on Cyclo DS evolution that would work on DSi together
> with its amazing features?
>
> Thanks!

QUOTEHere is their answer:

Hello,

Our engineers are working on it. All information concerning upcoming
product will be announced on our web site, Unfortunately we don't have any
release date.

Thank you for your interest in our product.

Best Regards,
Team Cyclops - Tech Support

They are working on it!
yay.gif

leiger

Trophies
XP
Country
TheDestroyer said:
They are working on it!
yay.gif

Everyone already knew that!
rolleyes.gif

edit: re-reading this thread, it looks like I was wrong.
unsure.gif
Though I did tell you they were working on it.... didn't you believe me?
happy.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The fact that they're working on it was obvious.
The real question is what new features will it have that will set it apart from the countless other DSi flash carts. I'm hopeful for DSi mode hacked, but it seems like it's a huge challenge even for Team Cyclops
If they release a flash cart with nothing new (I mean, even the R4i has RTS now), then I don't see a reason to buy their flash cart.

leiger

Trophies
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
The fact that they're working on it was obvious.
The real question is what new features will it have that will set it apart from the countless other DSi flash carts. I'm hopeful for DSi mode hacked, but it seems like it's a huge challenge even for Team Cyclops
If they release a flash cart with nothing new (I mean, even the R4i has RTS now), then I don't see a reason to buy their flash cart.

Well TC has managed to support DSi-enhanced games on the Nintendo DS. My understanding is that no other flashcart has this yet? (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Naturally, that support will carry across to the DSi flashcart and as a bare minimum, DSi-enhanced games will run. Just not sure whether the DSi portion will be unlocked or not, and whether DSi-exclusive games will be supported.

TheWorldEndsWith

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's a really good news!
i hope they change something from the original cyclo and make a new firmware
even thought the firmware that they have right now is great, but it's time for the team cyclops to make some changes!!!
A firmware in a modern style and a firmware that can be better than m3 sakura. and some more features

Ok i was being greedy but it's my hope!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He could make so much money!!! His arm would never get tired lol
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    How are yall doing
    +2
  • VXNlcm5hbWU @ VXNlcm5hbWU:
    Just had a pure banger of a sandwich there, was very nice
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what do you call a dog with no legs?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    A hot dog?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    doesn't matter what you call it, it won't come
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm having mince beef burgers with flat cheese and tomato sauce.
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: