CycloDS for DSi?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by TheDestroyer, Jul 12, 2009.

Jul 12, 2009

CycloDS for DSi? by TheDestroyer at 12:24 AM (10,212 Views / 0 Likes) 68 replies

1. TheDestroyer
    OP

Member TheDestroyer GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™

United States
    So I am just wondering if there's gonna be a CycloDS for DSi because I am planning to buy CycloDS and as we all know,
    they are a bit pricey and since i have DSL and a DSi..
    i'm planning to purchase the one that would work on both DSi and DSL..

I saw some threads about this but they are pretty much old.. the last post was like November of 2008.. And I need a confirmation about this..

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. clonesniper666

Member clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

United States
    as far as I know there as not been any confirmation that there will be a cyclo for the dsi, although the makers of it showed one running on the dsi. If you want one for both the dsi and the lite then either get the acekard 2i, if you do not need the rts and other advanced features, or get the m3i zero on the 15th if you do want those advanced features. Hope that helped you.

3. TheDestroyer
    OP

United States
    I already have those [​IMG] i do have 2 acekard 2i's and pre-ordered M3i zero..

someone might ask: so whats the point of getting cycloDS? I want my collection complete [​IMG] Yea i know.. i'm crazy :3 and I heard CycloDS has good features that others don't have.. so anyway, ive seen cyclo team's video regarding to this.. But i sure hope they make something official that would work to DSi as well..

EDIT: if someone could found info or news about this.. Kindly reply on this thread thanks!

4. clonesniper666

Member clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

United States
    only time will tell but if you are just wanting it to complete your collection I would wait until they do say they are making one for the dsi, plus by then you may find an original one cheaper than they are right now, just my guess at what might happen.

5. Isaiah

Member Isaiah The Conductor

Australia
    Misleading title.

6. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Team Cyclops really hasn't said much about DSi since that one vid some time back. I think they're waiting until actual DSi mode is cracked before they bother making a cart that works on it. I have heard that it is impossible for TC to make the current CycloDS work on the DSi (even in half-ass mode, like all the "i" labeled carts do now) with a firmware update. So we'll have to wait for TC to release a whole new cart for DSi and they're being very quiet on the subject right now.

7. hoist20032002

Member hoist20032002 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Rayder sir, I totally agree with you... Team TC are probably waiting for Team Twiizers to get done with their research before finalizing the new Cyclo DSi...Besides waiting on it will be well worth it in my opinion...Hell i have a SuperCard One DSi and it's not to my liking since the cheat engine has all those SCC files and the GUI is so slow...Gimme a Cyclo DS anyday but until then I'll have to deal with what i got.

8. TheDestroyer
    OP

United States
    I notice that too, that they are being quiet about the DSi cart thingy.. and i dunno if they're working on it or not (or perhaps, they're working on something big)..
    And if ever they could make cart that could run in DSi mode (i.e. that could play DSi exclusive games) that would be awesome... sooner or later someone would make that.. which i hope..

9. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    is pretty simple patients pays off [​IMG]

just compare those earlier released flash cart and those flash cart that is just released recently
    you can see the differences
    as times goes by the team knows what we want and they will try to work towards what we want [​IMG]

10. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    I agree. They probably are waiting on Team Twiizers to finish hacking DSi Mode (which they have but I guess they're doing testing) so they can release their own flashcart so we can play DSi games or DSi-Enhanced games on it as well. If they do this, I may just sell my Cyclo DS and my two DSL and gets the new one and a DSi lol.

11. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    It's been a damn year since they announced the GUI update for the current Cyclo. I wonder what they're doing there. [​IMG]

12. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    i do hope thats true!
    if thats the case if the flash cart is as expensive as 100 USD
    i will also get it
    it will be a no brainer!

13. xantam

Newcomer xantam Newbie

Germany
    That was released by team cyclops some time ago:

14. Jan1tor

Member Jan1tor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Another thing most people don't think about is cost of manufacturing the chip. TC is probably waiting to have a really good DSI product that works extremely well, like the current model for the DS & DSL before investing money in the product. I personally would rather wait for a really good product than have to constantly keep upgrading the one I have. Firmware upgrades have a habbit of bricking a unit randomly in all models. Luckily I have never had this happen myself but it does happen. Besides for now I'll just use my Cyclods on my DSL. There hasn't been any warrented use of it on my DSI yet. Everything I have for my DSL works on my DSI except my Guitar hero which needs the plug port so no big deal till they start making DSI ONLY games.

15. leiger

Member leiger GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Team Cyclops is most definitely developing a DSi cart. I can tell you that with 100% certainty.

Just depends whether people are willing to wait [​IMG] It'll be worth it.

16. TheDestroyer
    OP

United States
    They are working on it! [​IMG]

17. leiger

Australia
    Everyone already knew that! [​IMG]

edit: re-reading this thread, it looks like I was wrong. [​IMG] Though I did tell you they were working on it.... didn't you believe me? [​IMG]

18. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    The fact that they're working on it was obvious.
    The real question is what new features will it have that will set it apart from the countless other DSi flash carts. I'm hopeful for DSi mode hacked, but it seems like it's a huge challenge even for Team Cyclops
    If they release a flash cart with nothing new (I mean, even the R4i has RTS now), then I don't see a reason to buy their flash cart.

19. leiger

Australia
    Well TC has managed to support DSi-enhanced games on the Nintendo DS. My understanding is that no other flashcart has this yet? (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Naturally, that support will carry across to the DSi flashcart and as a bare minimum, DSi-enhanced games will run. Just not sure whether the DSi portion will be unlocked or not, and whether DSi-exclusive games will be supported.

20. TheWorldEndsWith

Newcomer TheWorldEndsWith Advanced Member

United States
    That's a really good news!
    i hope they change something from the original cyclo and make a new firmware
    even thought the firmware that they have right now is great, but it's time for the team cyclops to make some changes!!!
    A firmware in a modern style and a firmware that can be better than m3 sakura. and some more features

Ok i was being greedy but it's my hope!!!!