Hacking cycloDS firmware

NamelessRuin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just to b sure. i know the cycloDS already comes with the firmware pre-loaded. is there a way to save the new firmware to the actual cycloDS cart or does it automatically do it when you copy the firmware to the microsd card. and if it automatically updates from the microsd card does it save it to the cycloDS cart or do i need to leave the new firmware files on the microsd card?

Translucentbill

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
You place the firmware update on the root of your card and it will ask you to update when you boot it back up.

The update file automatically gets removed from your card so when you boot it up it will ask you if you want to update. Press A and wait a minute and there you go!

:]

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When you download the update file and place it in the root of the microSD and then switch the DS on, it updates the CycloDS and deletes the update file. But, you must have the system files (CycloDS folder) on the microSD all the time or else it won't work.

NamelessRuin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds good so i should just put all the firmware files on the msd card let it do its thing and leave it alone. and the cyclods folder i take it is gonna be created on the msd card the first time i load everything into the ds?

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NamelessRuin said:
sounds good so i should just put all the firmware files on the msd card let it do its thing and leave it alone
Yeah just put the update.evo on the microSD and put the Cyclo in the DS and turn it on, it will tell you to press A to update and wait like 15 seconds or so and it's done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf