Hacking CycloDS Evolution v1.57

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
ProtoKun7 said:
Chrono_Tata said:
I don't think you can make any cart "future-proof" to new anti-piracy measures, simply because there are no way to tell what anti-piracy measures game companies will use next. (Which is why I think the Stealth Mode thing was a waste of time, just look at how many new releases actually work with it. Hell even some old releases don't work with Stealth mode.) The reasons games used to work right off the bat with the Cyclo DS compared to other carts was mostly due to games companies not putting in anti-piracy at all, or the anti-piracy was not designed to target the CycloDS specifically (remember the Moogle of Death?).

I'd rather they work on adding new features and just fix the game compatibility as the games come out.
Well, stealth mode wasn't designed to be used on older games that are already compatible.
Yeah but the premise of the mode is that it should trick any games to think they are running on a real cart. If using it causes any games, old or new, (even those with no anti-piracy measures) to not work then one would be led to suspect there is something fundamentally wrong with it, no?

Not that I don't appreciate their effort to make the cart future-proof, but I'd rather see them spend time working on something else feasible instead, like, you know, a working scrollbar. XP

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wish they waited a few days. It can't plat Sonic Classic Collection from what I hear.

JabbaFlap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyclo devs are great
biggrin.gif
, I am so happy I bought their cart, my old ds-x seemed to end up with devs that hated their users (!), no complaints here
biggrin.gif

Hope they have a working cart for the news ds xl when it finally gets released for all non-JPN'eaze peeps (!)
wink.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
florian said:
sonic collection not work on CYCLODS firmware 1.57 final ?
No, although you can just use Jenesis emulator, it even runs the games better than the collection does from what I've heard.
Or wait for 1.58 beta 1.
closedeyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."