CycloDS Evolution in-house at GBAtemp

rest0re

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The Cyclo team truly is great!

Now i think I have made a big mistake. Afterall I sold my M3 last month, then why have I bough R4? I am dumb...

Made a big mistake
frown.gif

If you see around the r4 forum and the cyclo forum. The difference is like hell and heaven.

Cyclo really got good support.

oh well no other choice... going to buy one and waiting for the next M3 gadget
wub.gif
oh no .. horrible mistake. i think you should still wait. dont buy it yet.. wait.. for couple years for example. then it will perfect
dry.gif

foobar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kamui101: I doubt buying an R4 was a bad decision -- just keep in mind how awesome it's been between when you bought it and now (just as something better might be available). Relax and think of it like buying computer equipment. Things are continually improving, but you want to be able to balance waiting for the "next big thing" with getting good use out of it today. You wouldn't regret having shelled out a huge chunk of dough to have a "whole gigabyte of ram" 3 or 4 years ago when it was a big deal just because you can now pick up 2GB of DDR2 800 for around $70, would you?

In general: I am encouraged by the first impressions here. But as with most new products I think it's best to wait for the review to get the full story. The CycloDS team's previous offerings were quite unimpressive clones. How did they suddenly launch a revolutionary cart? I remain skeptical despite the evidence that this team has made amazing progress in the art of slot 1 devices.

I particularly want to hear about the usual suspects:[*]Compatibility claims verified that all "working" games don't have problems and can save[*]How dependent is performance on picking a good microSD card? Does formatting FAT 16/32 or using larger/smaller block sizes affect this?[*]Critique of any special claims including:
  • Download play support -- Even several non-working roms shouldn't count against them if there is major progress in this area
  • Auto-patching tested with a variety of homebrew (seems already verified)
  • In-game features including brightness, slow motion, reset
[*]Look for shortfalls or unadvertised signs of elegant/good design:
  • GUI overview
  • Battery life tests
  • Do a quick check/inventory of bundled software, including emulators and media features
Also be aware that the firmware update frenzy may be to fix the usual "version 1.0" bugs in anticipation of the review. Time will tell if this level of support will last (I want to believe!)

nephilim07

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey, i was wondering.... the last thing that is stopping me from buying it....
is there a working real time clock in it??
like say... i wanna play pokemon diamond or pearl...... would the day time and night time features work with this ( i mean the cyclo ds evolution....) 0.o

nephilim07

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yup, thanks a lot guys xD woooh
never knew that =3
cause i remember some flash carts having and not having clocks in them.. so i thought ds games are the same.. but its in the ds wooooh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la