Hacking Cyclo vs. Wiinja Deluxe ... rematch

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sticky thread over Cyclowiz vs. Wiinja is from February, and both chips have seen improvement since then. The wiikey situation is quite likely hopeless ... it works well for what it does (and that's a lot) but no audiofix, and maybe it comes eventually, maybe it doesnt. The biggest problem seems to be that with wiikey you can't even workaround the audiofix problem. So if you want a chip with audiofix that works, its Wiinja Del. or Cyclowiz. (Does Wiid have audiofix? In any case I'm not aware of any Wiid resellers in the US)

I'd be very appreciative of some discussion of the cyclowiz v3 and wiinja deluxe, how they compare to each other as of 06/01/07. As you might have read in other recent threads I have a (J) Wii and a batch of (U) GCN games I'd like to use on it, plus of course there'll be (U) and (J) backups and commercial discs of both Wii and GCN games. To the extent my situation would make one favorable over the other, please help me out.

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all those views and nobody speaks ...
cry.gif

well, can someone at least please answer this ... I've read a few times on different boards that the cyclowiz fixes the drive's read speed at 4x, while true Wii drive speed is 6x. According to at least one post I read, this can cause slowdowns and/or sputtering cut scenes. I don't know if there's any truth to that or not, and the posts could have been from before the 3.0 update

So, has this limit of 4x read-speed been fixed now with the 3.0 update?

dediz_seixas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have updated my Cyclowiz to V3, and after this, all games are working perfectly, with NO slowdowns.

But I have a little question: Will Wii use DVD9? Will DVD9 work on my Cyclowiz?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1