Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool! From the PSP days or what?

Yup, good ol psp days.
Still haven't abandoned it though, and I don't plan to. I still kind of slowly work on uOFW every now and then.
Forever!, our hearts will beat at 333mhz<3

Oh and also this was a feature that came into the final version of CyanogenPSP, however this may not be the case for the 3DS:

EDIT:
I also managed to implement bilinear filtering. It smooth-ens out textures making them look a lot better. I don't know if any of you noticed, but in alpha 1 whenever you hovered over an app icon, the textures tend to look quite crappy. Here's a picture in a spoiler that shows you the difference between bilinear filter off/on:

Top: Bilinear filter (off)
Bottom Bilinear filter (on)

CkSMyWfVAAEwyl3.jpg:large

Last edited by Joel16,

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nifty to see this on the 3DS now :P
Would suggest looking into getting that second screen involved tho as ya know the Android UI was made with touch in mind, Anywhoo gud lak!

Reactions: Joel16

KaduPSE

Revolution and cake
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Would suggest looking into getting that second screen involved tho as ya know the Android UI was made with touch in mind, Anywhoo gud lak!
I would like to actually control the interface on the bottom screen, and use the top one to display useful information, banners, previews, etc. But if they can adapt the UI to work nicely with buttons, then the extra resolution of the top screen may be worth it.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Woah it's Jintan! And haha yeah I'm sort of working on that. I find the 'classic' - using the analog as a cursor better though, just my opinion I guess. I'll still try to get it working as a feature at least.

I would like to actually control the interface on the bottom screen, and use the top one to display useful information, banners, previews, etc. But if they can adapt the UI to work nicely with buttons, then the extra resolution of the top screen may be worth it.

Yeah @CHICAGO-lollie sent a mock-up in Photoshop a while ago, and it did look quite nice similar to the way you're describing it. It's definitely on my to-do list, but we'll see how that goes.
Cyano_2ScreenMockup.png

Last edited by Joel16,
Reactions: fate6 and KaduPSE

Metab

Trophies
XP
Country
I take it these are all images that youre manipulating with the libs provided?
Because I want to build a nice clean menu base for new homebrew users to develop on and make it easy for them to start out and was wondering how you've gone about this

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I take it these are all images that youre manipulating with the libs provided?
Because I want to build a nice clean menu base for new homebrew users to develop on and make it easy for them to start out and was wondering how you've gone about this
Yes mostly just manipulated images. A few things were drawn in the PSP version, like using rectangles and stuff but that's all really.

Reactions: Metab

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I think I might be confident enough to say that the 'Switch Display' feature will actually be a thing. Here's two screenshots demonstrating it in action:

screenshot0008_zpsqkfvzb6e.png

screenshot0009_zpsdhxiz97m.png

I'm not too sure if this is how you guys wanted it so please give me some feedback. For those that don't know, I'm working on a feature that lets you switch displays. The classical mode will always be default. If you want to switch it as to how it's shown in the screenshots above, you'll have to toggle the 'Switch Display' feature under settings > developer options.

(PS. Ignore the icons, I was testing some customization features)

Metab

Trophies
XP
Country
So I think I might be confident enough to say that the 'Switch Display' feature will actually be a thing. Here's two screenshots demonstrating it in action:

screenshot0008_zpsqkfvzb6e.png

screenshot0009_zpsdhxiz97m.png

I'm not too sure if this is how you guys wanted it so please give me some feedback. For those that don't know, I'm working on a feature that lets you switch displays. The classical mode will always be default. If you want to switch it as to how it's shown in the screenshots above, you'll have to toggle the 'Switch Display' feature under settings > developer options.

(PS. Ignore the icons, I was testing some customization features)
I think more features the better personally, the more you add the more users will be attracted to your design and system
(Ps. i think maybe round the edgves of the black box and maybe change the color? it doesnt feel like it blends well with the BG, this is purely my opinion tho, gj)

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think more features the better personally, the more you add the more users will be attracted to your design and system
(Ps. i think maybe round the edgves of the black box and maybe change the color? it doesnt feel like it blends well with the BG, this is purely my opinion tho, gj)

Haha that's just the dark theme feature. By default it looks like this (Switched to default icon pack as well):

screenshot0011_zpswirc6lwz.png

The dark theme is just a feature for users who would rather prefer a dark interface, but wouldn't want to go through downloading an external theme just for that. So it's actually built in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work