'Baldur’s Gate 3' to launch on Xbox Series S/X this year, but without split-screen co-op on Series S

baldurs gate.jpg

Baldur's Gate 3, developer Larian Studios' latest and highly acclaimed title, launched earlier this month on PC and will be heading to PS5 in a few weeks. However, there was no news about a release date for the Xbox Series S/X version, despite no platform exclusivity deals. The release for the delay on the Xbox platforms has been due to technical challenges in getting split-screen working on the Series S.

However, that feature is being dropped on the Series S which will enable the game to be released this year on both Xbox Series S and Series X. Larian Studios' creative director, Swen Vincke, made the announcement via a tweet yesterday after meeting with Xbox's Phil Spencer. "All improvements will be there, with split-screen coop on Series X," Vincke added. "Series S will not feature split-screen coop, but will also include cross-save progression between Steam and Xbox Series."

Baldur’s Gate 3 is available on PC via Steam and GOG. It releases for PS5 on September 6 but the Xbox Series S/X versions have yet to get a release date. Be sure to check out our impressions of the game linked below!

:arrow: SOURCE
:arrow: Baldur's Gate 3 GBAtemp Impressions

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is the game that demanding to warrant the excluion of this feature? From all kind of games, I wasn't expecting it to be an RPG to have a feature outright removed.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I
I have a 5800x3d and 7900xt. In act 3 the density gets so bogged I go down to 30-50 frames sometimes so
I'm from the time of Divine Divinity where the game ran like a snail, but I mostly attributed it to my computer despite the graphics being standard for the time.
I can't possibly comprehend how a game like this is so performance hungry.
Is it drawing the Whole map all at once? Controlling every single entity of the game at all times?
Really, it makes little sense...

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I
I'm from the time of Divine Divinity where the game ran like a snail, but I mostly attributed it to my computer despite the graphics being standard for the time.
Is it drawing the Whole map all at once? Controlling every single entity of the game at all times?
There's a ton going on in just about every frame when you get to act 3. I'm sure they can improve it over time, but I doubt it'll ever be as smooth as the first two.

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I
That’s precisely it I think tbh. Considering you can on the fly fly your camera across the map.

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
Is the game that demanding to warrant the excluion of this feature? From all kind of games, I wasn't expecting it to be an RPG to have a feature outright removed.
Not really. It ran on a potato like the steam deck so there's no reason it won't run on a Series S. Any game that can run on a potato cannot say that the game is too demanding for Series S, it's bullshit.

PhyChris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As long as you can still do it online on Series S? All good, also Series X will have it. I dont see the issue.
The issue is me and the vary few friends I have love sitting on my couch and passing the bong. A two TV and console setup would not work well here. someone needs to make a device so two consoles can share one TV... half the screen each lol

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya

Baldur's Gate 3, developer Larian Studios' latest and highly acclaimed title, launched earlier this month on PC and will be heading to PS5 in a few weeks. However, there was no news about a release date for the Xbox Series S/X version, despite no platform exclusivity deals. The release for the delay on the Xbox platforms has been due to technical challenges in getting split-screen working on the Series S.

However, that feature is being dropped on the Series S which will enable the game to be released this year on both Xbox Series S and Series X. Larian Studios' creative director, Swen Vincke, made the announcement via a tweet yesterday after meeting with Xbox's Phil Spencer. "All improvements will be there, with split-screen coop on Series X," Vincke added. "Series S will not feature split-screen coop, but will also include cross-save progression between Steam and Xbox Series."

Baldur’s Gate 3 is available on PC via Steam and GOG. It releases for PS5 on September 6 but the Xbox Series S/X versions have yet to get a release date. Be sure to check out our impressions of the game linked below!

:arrow:SOURCE
:arrow: Baldur's Gate 3 GBAtemp Impressions

That's Series-S allright, holding back next-gen Series-X...heck holding back an entire console generation.

Lol, I bet all the next-gen Xbot exclusives including Star-Field releasing with the laughable 30-Fps cap, ala Ps3/x360 era, were concessions to allow Series-S to keep up, unless mighty Series-X is also under-powered as well, LMFAO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto