Homebrew Custom Theme Thread

2muchweebs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Kukuku, it seems you are able to see my themes, you might posses the ability of ‘the eye’… I advise you to be careful however, my skills could make you burn. Fufu, fufufufufu

(Translation: These are my first themes, I hope you enjoy them.)

Click in image above to go download link ^

Last edited by 2muchweebs,

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this took me longer than I thought it would. Anyway, if you guys remember (highly doubt it) I was helping a friend out with his custom theme theme and I supplied him with custom Pokemon folders. To be honest I'm not very happy with the amount of Pokemon themes (or really any in general) that look like they have hardly any effort put into designing the borders or folders so I am gonna start supplying some in the hopes that they are used:
View attachment 60011
If used please just credit me. That's all I'm asking.
Included in this .rar file are:

Folders:
  • Template
  • Cherish Ball
  • Dusk Ball
  • Luxury Ball
  • Poke Ball
  • Poke Ball (White)
  • Poke Ball (Angle)
  • Poke Ball (Round)
  • Great Ball
  • Ultra Ball
  • Master Ball
  • Premier Ball

Borders:
  • Cherish Ball
  • Luxury Ball
  • Master Ball
  • Poke Ball
  • Quick Ball
Wow. How have I JUST found these? These would have made making my Pokémon Dream World theme 100 times easier! Thanks! I'll definitely be using this!

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
HNI_0041.JPG

Theme name: Jikkyou Powerfull Soccer
BGM: パーフェクトストライカー BGM
Download: Click here

I finaly have a mobile phone that can support this game and after some screenshot here it come the theme.
EDIT: Theme avalible now.

Last edited by PedroKeitawa,
Reactions: Ryumaru

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
View attachment 79489
Theme name: Jikkyou Powerfull Soccer
BGM: パーフェクトストライカー BGM
Download: Click here

I finaly have a mobile phone that can support this game and after some screenshot here it come the theme. If you wonder, at the moment i write this, why i cannot relase the link now is becouse i regrese to "Admin have to check the theme" before become pubblic. Is something is change on the website? I will edit this message after the theme become pubblic.
I liked the textures.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
UV1ZUd7

Name: Pokémon Cobalt and Amethyst. BGM: #PokeCA - Credits.
A theme based on the Minecraft map Pokémon Cobalt and Amethyst (#PokeCA) created by Phoenix Projects. You can download #PokeCA on Phoenix SC's website. (Warning: That link contains the map download AND the official walkthrough.)
Download: 3DSThem.es

Last edited by PrincessLillie,

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
3dd.png

largeicon.png folderclosed.png folderopen.png filesmall.png filelarge.png top.png bottom.png
Texture gives folder has wood-like appearance with the anime emblem, the border texture has Luffy's hat appearance.
>> DOWNLOAD <<

Learn how to create custom themes with the same quality as the official Nintendo themes.
Learn how to create folder and border textures, single image themes, all effects used in the creation of official Nintendo themes and etc. Every month new tutorials will be made available.
Access the link below for more information.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...e-quality-of-official-nintendo-themes.460823/

Last edited by Ryumaru,

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
New themes everyone
Some of them are "hidden" so you need to login to your account and change your account option to "show suggestive items"

preview09 no cursor.png
preview.png
preview.png
preview.png

You can get them in here https://3dsthem.es/?q=user:Miraclaime
Also one more *nsfw theme that i posted on discord, cant upload their preview in here. it might pose problem

Last edited by Issac, , Reason: NSFW
Reactions: 2muchweebs

droople

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Now I get it.
See the file that I did to make these types of theme.
Open this file in a PNG image editor.
I suggest using Fireworks.
This file I use to calculate the edge of the 3ds.
If you open this file in fireworks will see positioning lines that I created for easy assembly.
This file and a png that allows editing.

Hi Ryumaru,
I used GIMP to measure the separation of upper and bottom screens, 16 pixels.
But according to the physical size of the screens and the gaps of my 2ds, the number would be different.
Upper screen is 90 mm diagonal, the screen is in 5:3 ratio, so the height is around 46.3 mm.
The separation of upper and bottom screens of 2ds is round 4.5mm, the upper screen is 400 × 240 in pixels,

so the separation should be around 23-24 pixels for 2ds.

Use the same method, the separation should be around 77-78 pixels for new 3ds, and 65-66 pixels for new 3ds XL.

The reason of why the separation pixels of new 3ds XL is smaller than new 3ds, is because the physical gap of new 3ds XL is nearly the same as the new 3ds, but the scree is much bigger.

Please let me know if there's anything wrong.

Cheers

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Hi Ryumaru,
I used GIMP to measure the separation of upper and bottom screens, 16 pixels.
But according to the physical size of the screens and the gaps of my 2ds, the number would be different.
Upper screen is 90 mm diagonal, the screen is in 5:3 ratio, so the height is around 46.3 mm.
The separation of upper and bottom screens of 2ds is round 4.5mm, the upper screen is 400 × 240 in pixels,

so the separation should be around 23-24 pixels for 2ds.

Use the same method, the separation should be around 77-78 pixels for new 3ds, and 65-66 pixels for new 3ds XL.

The reason of why the separation pixels of new 3ds XL is smaller than new 3ds, is because the physical gap of new 3ds XL is nearly the same as the new 3ds, but the scree is much bigger.

Please let me know if there's anything wrong.

Cheers
I leave below an image with specifications with some parameters.
1456167142238.jpg

droople

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I leave below an image with specifications with some parameters.
View attachment 80122
Hi,

thank you for the image, let's use you image to calculate the separation pixels for o3ds XL

The upper screen is 124mm diagonal and in 5:3 ratio, the height of the upper screen should be 63.80 mm the corresponding pixel is 240, so every mm we've got 3.76 pixel.

The physical separation of your image is 22mm, so 22*3.76=82.76 pixels, not the 16 pixel

Cheers,

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Hi,

thank you for the image, let's use you image to calculate the separation pixels for o3ds XL

The upper screen is 124mm diagonal and in 5:3 ratio, the height of the upper screen should be 63.80 mm the corresponding pixel is 240, so every mm we've got 3.76 pixel.

The physical separation of your image is 22mm, so 22*3.76=82.76 pixels, not the 16 pixel

Cheers,
The files that I made available in the theme creation tutorials have the parameters of the new 3DS XL which is the largest existing model. These parameters are automatically adjusted according to the 3DS model, the process of resizing the image is performed automatically by the 3DS itself.If the theme is created with a single image, the framing and resizing process is performed automatically.

If you are creating a theme with the parameters of 2ds, the image will be with loss of resolution in the other 3DS models.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

droople

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The files that I made available in the theme creation tutorials have the parameters of the new 3DS XL which is the largest existing model. These parameters are automatically adjusted according to the 3DS model, the process of resizing the image is performed automatically by the 3DS itself.If the theme is created with a single image, the framing and resizing process is performed automatically.

If you are creating a theme with the parameters of 2ds, the image will be with loss of resolution in the other 3DS models.

Hi , the reason of my first reply is that in the following post PkmnHenry ask you the separation pixel of upper and bottom screen, and you told him to measure the pic you attached arquivo_shape_3ds.png
https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-theme-thread.377399/page-162#post-5944687

I measure the image, found the separation pixel is 16, which is obviously incorrect and I did some calculations, and found 65-66 pixels is suitable for n3ds XL.

And in your template file, the separation pixel is 68 pixels, which is quiet close to my calculation.

IMO, unfortunately this 68 pixels is only suitable for XL, not for n3ds nor 2ds, because the different physical sizes.

I uploaded a pic which I used your template made a simple theme, you can see the upper and bottom lines are not aligned.

You can give me one of you one image theme to try on my 2ds.

Cheers,

Attachments

• 20170302_232524.jpg
    20170302_232524.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 127

Prime321

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,
I would like to make my own 3ds themes could you tell me which Programs I have to use?
Also are nsfw themes existing?

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Hi,
I would like to make my own 3ds themes could you tell me which Programs I have to use?
Also are nsfw themes existing?
The topic below has all the applications and explanations you'll need to know to create custom themes.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...e-quality-of-official-nintendo-themes.460823/

Nsfw themes exist, yet they are only being made available on a private social network.
Since we can not post this kind of content in gbatemp and 3dsthem.es.
Hi , the reason of my first reply is that in the following post PkmnHenry ask you the separation pixel of upper and bottom screen, and you told him to measure the pic you attached arquivo_shape_3ds.png
https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-theme-thread.377399/page-162#post-5944687

I measure the image, found the separation pixel is 16, which is obviously incorrect and I did some calculations, and found 65-66 pixels is suitable for n3ds XL.

And in your template file, the separation pixel is 68 pixels, which is quiet close to my calculation.

IMO, unfortunately this 68 pixels is only suitable for XL, not for n3ds nor 2ds, because the different physical sizes.

I uploaded a pic which I used your template made a simple theme, you can see the upper and bottom lines are not aligned.

You can give me one of you one image theme to try on my 2ds.

Cheers,
When I created the theme gives Shantea I still had not created the file to create themes with a single image. This file has all the settings I currently use.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

droople

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The topic below has all the applications and explanations you'll need to know to create custom themes.

Nsfw themes exist, yet they are only being made available on a private social network.
Since we can not post this kind of content in gbatemp and 3dsthem.es.

When I created the theme gives Shantea I still had not created the file to create themes with a single image. This file has all the settings I currently use.

Fair enough, I just suggest that your template may best fit 3ds XL, but not 2ds.

Cheers,

VzUh

you are now reading my custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
well, hello and those things, i have a doubt and looks like this is the bes site to ask without having to make a new thread. doing a theme, more by me than for tutorials. only rest to make a wav with a size <3,3MB (I think, maybe i'm wrong), but i'm stuck cause the file is so big no matter what i do. the question is that i have a great digimon theme with a very good sound, so must be a way to do this that i missed or something. Help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet +1