Homebrew Custom Theme Thread

vyp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why but Looping Audio Convert don't want to work :(
When I set the settings,select the track and press start,I get this screen but after nothing happens. I tried to wait a bit but nothing happens.
View attachment 69024

These are the setting
View attachment 69025

I solved this issue by making sure the sample rate was 32000Mhz or lower in an audio editor(audacity, vegas pro, etc) before converting it with that program.
Otherwise it would do the same thing.

Reactions: MartyDreamy

MartyDreamy

Feel the Sunset once in a Lifetime
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I solved this issue by making sure the sample rate was 32000Mhz or lower in an audio editor(audacity, vegas pro, etc) before converting it with that program.
THANK YOU! I change the sample rate in 32000 and it work! THANKS THANKS! :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Prewiew 3ds.png

Finally I finish it ^_^
BGM: Song Of Healing from Majora's Mask
SFX: From Zelda games

Border-24px.png
Border-48px.png
Folder Closed.png
Folder Open.png

DOWNLOAD HERE

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Guys, just random asking cuz im curious.., how long did you spend editing for one complete theme ?
By one complete theme i mean creating borders, folders, top bottom screen, extracting or converting for bgm and sfx.

Tbh, i editing theme pretty much depend on my mood.. but roughly i spend 1 hour to 3 hours creating theme from scratch, sometimes i can do faster less than 30 mins but it will not turn out well :rofl:

MartyDreamy

Feel the Sunset once in a Lifetime
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys, just random asking cuz im curious.., how long did you spend editing for one complete theme ?
By one complete theme i mean creating borders, folders, top bottom screen, extracting or converting for bgm and sfx.

Tbh, i editing theme pretty much depend on my mood.. but roughly i spend 1 hour to 3 hours creating theme from scratch, sometimes i can do faster less than 30 mins but it will not turn out well :rofl:
If I don't create custom borders, 30 min
With custom borders, 45min

Reactions: miraclaime

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Yep
But don't work anyway D:

@Ryumaru any ideas? :P
I explained this to @miraclaime see the topics below the last topic explains how you should create the file.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-theme-thread.377399/page-275#post-6837299
https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-theme-thread.377399/page-275#post-6837318
https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-theme-thread.377399/page-275#post-6837327
https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-theme-thread.377399/page-275#post-6837347

This topic solves any problem.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-theme-thread.377399/page-275#post-6837362

1479326818525.jpg

@MartyDreamy, @miraclaime
Tip: The field circled in red serves to feed the volume of the song.
Change the setting value from 2 to 5. Then save the settings.
This value can be changed if you want. With each increase the music volume and multiplied. In other words, if you set the value 5, the sound will be multiplied by 5x.
Never increase the volume of music through Audacity.
Do this procedure in the program I recommended.
Because the audio quality gets better.
If the music edited in Audacity has the sound a little low you can change the value from 5 to 10 to put the song that high.
I usually put the volume between 5 and 10 and I usually put the value 8.

Note If the song you download a song that is already at high volume you can either deactivate the mentioned field or put value 0 or 1.
I have always had the function to create a loop of repetition from start to finish. This fixes the problem of chmm2's shuffle mode.

Last edited by Ryumaru,
Reactions: MartyDreamy

FlameSpeedster

That Guy Who Made 250+ 3DS Themes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

1-3 hrs sounds about right. Sometimes I complete a theme and just leave it untouched for a few days because I don't know if I should add more to it before posting it days later.
I always edit my .wav files before I use LoopingAudioConverter so I've rarely had that problem before. Now I know!

Reactions: miraclaime

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
HNI_0029.JPG

Next Project
I'll still set the final colors of the buttons.
I think I'm going to put the colors of Rotom in the buttons since this image has several colors.​

Last edited by Ryumaru,

Appryl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi ! I have a problem, when I install my custom theme with CHMM2 it works perfectly but it has no BGM ! I dumped and extract Pokemon Moon, the musics inside were directly in BCSTM so I take the one which I wanted and rename it in bgm.bcstm, it's under 3.3MB and on my computer with the audio software and Usagis Editor the BGM plays well, but not on the 3DS... I tried with CHMM2 .cia version and with a .cia version of my theme, but I didn't try with extdata now.

What should I do ? Thanks a lot !

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Hi ! I have a problem, when I install my custom theme with CHMM2 it works perfectly but it has no BGM ! I dumped and extract Pokemon Moon, the musics inside were directly in BCSTM so I take the one which I wanted and rename it in bgm.bcstm, it's under 3.3MB and on my computer with the audio software and Usagis Editor the BGM plays well, but not on the 3DS... I tried with CHMM2 .cia version and with a .cia version of my theme, but I didn't try with extdata now.

What should I do ? Thanks a lot !
Go to this topic.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-chmm2-custom-home-menu-manager-2.397543/
Well there you will get more information.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning