Homebrew Custom Theme Thread

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If you access the official topic of CHMM2 you can see on the first page that Yata presents an error in the compilation process. The music may become normal plus your repeat and damaged loop when you use the shuffle mode. Several users in the official thread have complained about this problem.

Topic of CHMM2 - https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-chmm2-custom-home-menu-manager-2.397543/

See near the end of the initial topic of the first page.
A)The theme you're using is corrupted. Read this post to fix it:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-chmm2-custom-home-menu-manager-2.397543/page-100#post-6610339

The solution is to use the program I recommend since it adds a parameter to the .bgm file that forces the replay loop to work. Files converted to Yata only have the normal loop function.
Awh.. All of my themes that i already uploaded is using bgm from yata, i didnt know such error exist bcs i never use suffling option ..

How do i use this looping audio converter ? What options that i should check or uncheck before i converting ?

Last edited by miraclaime,

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Awh.. All of my themes that i already uploaded is using bgm from yata, i didnt know such error exist bcs i never use suffling option ..
The program I recommended it fixes this error is lets you put the music in stereo quality. My themes always have music with loud sound.

You can see this tutorial I did explaining how to leave music with stereo quality. The file will not exceed 3.3mbs (3.371.008 bytes)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-theme-thread.377399/page-239#post-6459286

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
What the..
What should i do ?

bgm loop error.jpg

Last edited by miraclaime,

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
One question you convert the file to Wav before using the program. To convert from mp3 to bgm you have to have a plugin.
The music can not have more than 32000 HZ above that the program does not process the file and the error.
Convert music to Wav using Audacity and do not leave your sound quality above 32000 Hz.

I can make a music file with 2 minutes stay with an audio quality of 32000HZ without exceeding the maximum size of 3,371,008 bytes.

Reactions: miraclaime

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
One question you convert the file to Wav before using the program. To convert from mp3 to bgm you have to have a plugin.
The music can not have more than 32000 HZ above that the program does not process the file and the error.
Convert music to Wav using Audacity and do not leave your sound quality above 32000 Hz.

I can make a music file with 2 minutes stay with an audio quality of 32000HZ without exceeding the maximum size of 3,371,008 bytes.
Ohh, i thought this app could be used for fixing the bgm.bcstm that i already converted, seems like i need to convert all over again *face palm*
also, which options that i should tick or untick before converting ?

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Music with 1:30 minutes you can leave the sound quality 32000 Hz. Music with up to 2 minutes you have to leave sound quality at 22050Hz. These settings you have to do in Audacity. So that the Wav file exits with stereo quality.

Send me an image of the open app I'll show. Note: I'm on the tablet.

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Music with 1:30 minutes you can leave the sound quality 32000 Hz. Music with up to 2 minutes you have to leave sound quality at 22050Hz. These settings you have to do in Audacity. So that the Wav file exits with stereo quality.
Yes i always do that before converting to all my wavs sound also i could cut and edit audio just fine, but as for this bgm looping converter which option i should tick to make my bgm loop without error
Thanks for the fast reply

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Send me an image of the open app I'll show. Note: I'm on the tablet.

one sec

here you go

bgm loooopp options.jpg

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
config-png.53313

The tutorial I made has the settings of the old version.
The new version has a new tab that applies the function of forcing the loop of repetition.
The amplify field you can power the sound of the song. To learn how to configure correctly see the tutorial I passed. Other fields you must configure as it is showing in the image. The Suffix field deletes the LOOP text. Save the settings.
The current version has the menu called FOR NO-LOOPING FILES. You must select the 2 option to create a repeat loop from start to finish of all files.

The only field that will not save the settings is the FOR-NO-LOOPING-FILES field.

Reactions: miraclaime

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The tutorial I made has the settings of the old version.
The new version has a new tab that applies the function of forcing the loop of repetition.
The amplify field you can power the sound of the song. To learn how to configure correctly see the tutorial I passed. Other fields you must configure as it is showing in the image. The Suffix field deletes the LOOP text. Save the settings.
The current version has the menu called FOR NO-LOOPING FILES. You must select the 2 option to create a repeat loop from start to finish of all files.

The only field that will not save the settings is the FOR-NO-LOOPING-FILES field.
Sweet! thank you so much
I just realize that it has db option just like audacity, so this is what you mean by making the bgm louder

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Sweet! thank you so much
I just realize that it has db option just like audacity, so this is what you mean by making the bgm louder
You will convert the file to WAV using Audacity.
Use the program to edit the song. Do not let the music go beyond 2 minutes.
Music with time up to 1:30 minutes the sound quality can be at 32000 Hz.
Above that up to 2 minutes the sound quality should be at 22050Hz.
Then convert the file to Wav using one of these parameters you can leave in the program the quality of the music at 32000 Hz. Following these instructions the bgm file will stay with 3,240,008 to 3,350,008 bytes. The limit being 3,371,008 bytes.

Music will maintain its quality with dual audio track with stereo mode enabled.

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You will convert the file to WAV using Audacity.
Use the program to edit the song. Do not let the music go beyond 2 minutes.
Music with time up to 1:30 minutes the sound quality can be at 32000 Hz.
Above that up to 2 minutes the sound quality should be at 22050Hz.
Then convert the file to Wav using one of these parameters you can leave in the program the quality of the music at 32000 Hz. Following these instructions the bgm file will stay with 3,240,008 to 3,350,008 bytes. The limit being 3,371,008 bytes.

Music will maintain its quality with dual audio track with stereo mode enabled.
Im amazed at how you remember the exact bytes size.. i just know that if the bgm is beyond 3.3mb then the bgm will crash haha

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Last edited by miraclaime, , Reason: adding link

MartyDreamy

Feel the Sunset once in a Lifetime
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know why but Looping Audio Convert don't want to work :(
When I set the settings,select the track and press start,I get this screen but after nothing happens. I tried to wait a bit but nothing happens.
Immagine.png

These are the setting
hcfb.png

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I don't know why but Looping Audio Convert don't want to work :(
When I set the settings,select the track and press start,I get this screen but after nothing happens. I tried to wait a bit but nothing happens.
View attachment 69024

These are the setting
View attachment 69025
I got mine to work by ticking the "write looping meta data" and change the options for "for non looping files" to "Force start to end loop", and justt leave the other option just like in your screenshot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/nRspgWaF_K0?si=SKZ48aRDQyB7vpRH