Hacking Custom RB sites

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking for Rock Band custom song websites. Below is the few that I know of...please add others that you are familiar with!

Score Hero
Frets On Fire

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RchUncleSkeleton said:
I thought those were just rockband/guitar hero clones and you're not actually able to use the music in rockband?

There's a lovely 91-page thread on the front page called "RawkSD" you should give a read.

To the OP, those are the two most extensive sites. You probab;y won't find much else elsewhere.

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
RchUncleSkeleton said:
I thought those were just rockband/guitar hero clones and you're not actually able to use the music in rockband?

There's a lovely 91-page thread on the front page called "RawkSD" you should give a read.

To the OP, those are the two most extensive sites. You probab;y won't find much else elsewhere.

As a matter of fact, I did read the entire thread the other day...If you read my post on page 90 you will see! Within that post I know it was mentioned, but I can't recall what page

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you've already mentioned the 2 biggest ones. FoF has literally thousands of songs (including the audio). And score hero had even more charts (but with no audio), plus all the tools and tutorials to make your own songs. but a while ago, the hosting site for all the score hero charts went down and a good bit of the charts are inaccessible. so AFAIK, the easiest is to just get from FoF. if the shit you want isn't there, try scorehero and just try to sync the chart with you own mp3. and the last resort is just learn how to use feedback and do it yourself.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spritefreak said:
SFenton said:
RchUncleSkeleton said:

As a matter of fact, I did read the entire thread the other day...If you read my post on page 90 you will see! Within that post I know it was mentioned, but I can't recall what page

Haha, I was replying to Skeleton. Don't worry, you're fine
tongue.gif

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
spritefreak said:
SFenton said:
RchUncleSkeleton said:

Haha, I was replying to Skeleton. Don't worry, you're fine
tongue.gif

Sorry Fenton!

Since you seem knowledgable on this subject, might I ask you a few questions? First, if I get some charts from a custom site, and then add the MP3, is there a way to preview it before putting playing it to ensure that the chart matches up with the song?

Also, I am assuming the offset is used to match up the song to the chart correct?

So are there any other sites that you know of? I swear there was one other besides Custom Hero and Score Hero....but I can't seem to find it anymore!

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use feedback or theGhost to play the song and the chart at the same time to see if they sync. feedback is the program used t create the charts, so it has the ability to edit them and resync.

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are customs only playable with RockBand 2? Or does GHWT have a similar program to use? I have seen Youtube videos of some songs that I think are customs, but they are playing on GH

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can do guitar hero customs in world tour, but it is a bit cumbersome. look up rawktour. guitar hero 3/Aerosmith customs are pretty advanced, and you can change almost every bit about the game... number of songs per tier, boss battle flags, score multipliers, all game text, intro movies, cutscenes, credits, guitar skins, unlock requirements, store prices, etc. so if you want to do customs with drums and vocals, you have to mess with RB or WT. if you just want to play guitar, get a GH3/Aerosmith ISO and set up theGhost (and queenbee for more advanced stuff).

if you check the usual places for wii games, you can find guitar hero customs by myself and kosmokramer. all of these are made with theGhost.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.