Fabis94

Xbawx playa
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Note: Don't flame! These are just my thoughts.

So let's say you have a WiFi router and there is some kind of an app that tracks from where are the packets coming (for example if you go to gbatemp.net it shows gbatemp.net in that application). So it's kind of like an application that tracks stuff from the router.

So then you open your DS and Accept an Update. Now when it's downloading it the application on your computer should see where are the packets coming from and after a little messing around we could somehow get the firmware.

Then we could edit it as we want to and when Installing a custom firmware would be a possibility we could use the Custom one.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NOOB!!1!111!!

...people have already done this. They have everything on their computer...but they can't do anything with it 'til they can decrypt them with the common key, which currently only one person has but isn't sharing.
frown.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK, here's some information for you: You don't need a packet sniffer to get the firmware. You can download it with NUSD. But as already said, it can't yet be decrypted. Also, to install it currently the only real option would probably be re-encrypt it, set up a proxy and send it to the DSi over the proxy, making the DSi think its actually NUS. Which most end users probably couldn't do. Basically, I reckon the easiest, and most likely solution, is a patching app, kinda like StarFall or StartPatch which will patch certain features in (or out) of the firmware, without the need for a full custom firmware. That along with a homebrew channel, and maybe other custom channels, and I see no need for a custom firmware. This would probably be easier for hackers too.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SifJar said:
OK, here's some information for you: You don't need a packet sniffer to get the firmware. You can download it with NUSD. But as already said, it can't yet be decrypted. Also, to install it currently the only real option would probably be re-encrypt it, set up a proxy and send it to the DSi over the proxy, making the DSi think its actually NUS. Which most end users probably couldn't do. Basically, I reckon the easiest, and most likely solution, is a patching app, kinda like StarFall or StartPatch which will patch certain features in (or out) of the firmware, without the need for a full custom firmware. That along with a homebrew channel, and maybe other custom channels, and I see no need for a custom firmware. This would probably be easier for hackers too.

Ok thanks for info

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc