Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkCrudus said:
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
bd1m.png

Bluray Bug PS3=Brick?

huh maybe? haha i have the bluray bug, not gonna try to even install this cfw at all yet xP safest thing to do, though i do wish i could have my bluray working v.v have no idea how to fix it b/c i dont know what movies were played on it by previous owner

also lol we must be watchin the same site =P
Why would you look at any other?

EDIT:going to install soon on ofw 3.55 slim 250 gb ps3

Stewy12

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Hmm, well talk about clusterfuck.

I've bricked 5 consoles this morning trying this retarded beta untested patch. I'm not joking either, I've got 5 friends to tell that their ps3s are paper weights.

Thanks a lot waniko don't quit your day job. next time if you release something for the masses make sure it doesn't brick their fucking consoles

this is going to take money out of my pocket, i was the mod man amongst my friends up until this disaster

Some dude posted this on psx-scene, I mean 1 is understandable (sort of) but 5?? What a knob.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stewy12 said:
QUOTE said:

I've bricked 5 consoles this morning trying this retarded beta untested patch. I'm not joking either, I've got 5 friends to tell that their ps3s are paper weights.

Thanks a lot waniko don't quit your day job. next time if you release something for the masses make sure it doesn't brick their fucking consoles

this is going to take money out of my pocket, i was the mod man amongst my friends up until this disaster

Some dude posted this on psx-scene, I mean 1 is understandable (sort of) but 5?? What a knob.
I read that on the forums too.

Dude is in idiot for blaming Waninkoko for his fuck up. If anything, he should blame himself for being an idiot.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stewy12 said:
QUOTE said:

He and those friends of his should know what they're getting into from the start. Stuff like this ALWAYS says "We take no responsibility if this ruins your console." The only reason he released it was because it WORKED on HIS. So one would easily assume that it would work on others. Fact is that this guy should've realized what was going to happen when he got the first one done, not FIVE. Such a Tard.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if i sound like a dick but finally some bricks....now maybe whiny kids who contribute nothing to the scene will stay away......ungrateful bastards....
angry.gif

Potticus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I KNOW I am not the only one who is paranoid as could be when doing this sort of stuff... I read, and re-read, and re-read the guides, readme's, and information...

It took me about 4-5 hours to hack my psp with a pandora battery just because I didn't want to have any chance of bricking it.

Generally if there are any reports of people getting a bricked console I won't even do it. (unless they admit they screwed up.)

The disclaimers are there for a reason, and often contain useful information
wink.gif

P.S. When this stuff is first released there are ALWAYS a few people that get bricks. Don't be a martyr, let the stupid people that brick 5 of their friends consoles be.

bladepwnedyou

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Well i did what was said to do, went back to official firmware, then used the patched version and got a brick on my ps3, Starts up, yellow light, turns off. By the looks of it I'm gonna have to send it into sony for repairs....

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Stewy12 said:
QUOTE said:

Agreed, did he update them all at once, or one at a time and NOT THINK that it was a bad idea?
Or did he not think that installing an untested patch was a bad idea?

In any case he's an idiot and had it coming.

rikuumi

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
j0k3r said:
Thx alot Waninkoko, for bricking my PS3. I never using any of your tools in the future, even not for my wii. U are a cocksucker, and u destroyed my PS3. If we could meet us, I would cut your head off .
haha so much win
nayps3.gif

D

Deleted User

bladepwnedyou said:
Well i did what was said to do, went back to official firmware, then used the patched version and got a brick on my ps3, Starts up, yellow light, turns off. By the looks of it I'm gonna have to send it into sony for repairs....

I have some questions... was it a slim model you tried to flash? did you install via the recovery menu? what firmware were you previously on? were you on 3.55 OFW before you tried to put CFW?

bladepwnedyou

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
My models a FAT ps3 80GB model that has ps2 backwards compat. Went from CFW back to 3.55 OFW through Recovery Menu like it said to do.

Used the patched update via recovery menu

During the update it just shut off, and the ps3 gives me a blinking red like now.
Turn off, then turn back on, green light, then yellow light, then blinking red light.

Looking up now a fix for the ps3 is 150$ or so, that sucks for me...

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Jakob95 said:
Why do you guys even try?
their obviously new to the custom firmware game i've learned from experience when 1 of these things comes out you DON'T FUCKING TOUCH IT! let the hackers get it who are willing to risk it and than wait for them to report back whether these things work or not. NEVER install these when their 1st released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm sure there will be a way to disable it.