custom firmware for sega flashback 2018

rrifonas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is not only the emulator (player), but the core and extensions supported are hardcoded in the menu executable. I removed the code with extensions but we can't really enable any other core without rebuild the menu. The only fix would be having another menu app and likely another player since the one being used is very limited, especially with PAL games.

sfchampion

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi !
I've a problem with my Sega Megadrive flashback 2018 vers.
I've already updated it in official website, when i try to play any game beside internal games it seems to play sounds fx slower as they should be for example when i play Rocket Knight Adventure 2 and i press A to hit by sword i hear the sound of the sword after the animation not at the same time as it sholud be. There is a way to fix it ?
I've tried to update with your custom firmware to play 32x and sega cd games but nothing changes so i think that i do something wrong. Please could anyone help me linking the last custom firmware ?

Thanks !

rrifonas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks i'll try
About the last custom firmware ? I really like to play 32x and sega cd games ^_^
This is the latest version: https://gbatemp.net/threads/genesis-flashback-hd-2018-game-manager.529624/page-6#post-8844246
And this post has the last 'stable' version: https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-firmware-for-sega-flashback-2018.523590/page-9#post-8537041

Is it possible to have both the internal games and games from the SD card with the custom cover arts appear at the same time on the boot-menu?
No. The games in the "GAME" folder in the SD don't support custom cover art. You can use Genesis Flashback HD (2018) Game Manager to manipulate "allgames.ini" and make the 'external' games behave like the internal ones.

Reactions: MKKhanzo

simplyretrogamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking through the update and dump files especially in the res folder, noticed it contains the majority of the textures used for the boot menu (with a few unused ones) however, Sonic Games and Bonus Games texture options are not present. I was wondering if you knew where these can be located, and whether modifications can be made to two specific items?

rrifonas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking through the update and dump files especially in the res folder, noticed it contains the majority of the textures used for the boot menu (with a few unused ones) however, Sonic Games and Bonus Games texture options are not present. I was wondering if you knew where these can be located, and whether modifications can be made to two specific items?
The categories are hardcoded in the menu executable.

ragostyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
hello all, its there Any Way to add games to 2013 Flashback atgames Sega Genesis Classics console ?
the one that comes with 80 games, i cant post picture

jaytheman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having no sound on my sega flash back I've tried to download the firmware from atgames site but its not letting me register my console with the 16 digit code. My console is the version with atgames at the bottom corner. Any advice is greatly appreciated thank you

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hi I have a sega flashback and I'm having a problem with the sound I've tried to download the firmware from atgames but there's no place to register my console the console i have has the atgames logo at the bottom corner. Any advice is greatly appreciated

hossbags2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to get FM Sound to be enabled on the Genesis Flashback 2018? I am using the custom Genesis Plus GX firmware.

rrifonas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to get FM Sound to be enabled on the Genesis Flashback 2018? I am using the custom Genesis Plus GX firmware.
genesis_plus_gx_ym2413=enabled enables FM sound. I didn't test but creating a file retroplayer.ini with the content below in the root of the SD Card might work. The init script has a logic to copy retroplayer.ini from the SD Card to the /data partition. If it works, delete or rename retroplayer.ini to avoid the same file being copied every time the device restarts.

Use it at your own risk ;-)

Code:
[Global]
AudioSample=2048
ScanlineFilter=0
RewindStep=4
UseBezel=0
BezelPath=<path to bezel>
Language=0
UseOSD=0
MaxBlackTimeout=600

[Core]
genesis_plus_gx_no_sprite_limit=disabled
genesis_plus_gx_audio_filter=low-pass
genesis_plus_gx_lowpass_range=60
genesis_plus_gx_ym2413=enabled

hossbags2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just asking....are you able to setup graphic filters at all. thanks by the way.... I will try your script

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tried this, not sure if it did anything but SMS still does not have FM sound. Is it supposed to be
genesis_plus_gx_ym2412=enabled

rrifonas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No display filters.

And I've got this setting from PC version. Atgames changed retroplayer.ini after some update introducing a retroplayer_ro.ini inside the emulator partition, which is read-only. it seems that external settings cannot be applied when you have this file.

hossbags2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any way you can figure out how to change the settings. Would like the SMS to play in FM audio,,,,,but thanks

Metal_josh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if question has been answered already, but has there been any all in one core that plays all the Sega ROMs (genesis, Sega cd, master system, game gear AND 32x)? That is the dream. I know some 32x games through the picodrive firmware don't play well (virtual fighter as an example) could there also be a way to fine tune those 32x ROMs?

Ronnie3067

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Recently discovered this site/thread so wanted to say thanks to everyone's effort and time they've put in to modding this little console. I was looking for ways to play Master System games on it, don't really have space for another console, and the CFW here was exactly what I was looking for and so easy to use. :) Will dig into the other aspects of it soon.
Plus the PSP threads look interesting as well.

Reactions: DoctorEvil8

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    oh it’s the least I could do
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He wants to bone anything with a dick +1