AtGames Legends Flashback 2018 (FB8650) Update and SD card help

WolvieWannabe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still struggling with the adding of ROMs to SD Card. I only have a 2GB card, but I'm not looking to add a large amount of games. So far, I have the CFW installed on the device, have deleted the CFW from the SD card, added "GAME" as a root folder, dowloaded the desired ROM .zip file, changed the name of the .zip to .zim, and copied to SD in the "GAME" root folder. After accessing the SD card from the system menu, I can see the games as generic SD icons (no cover art, which is fine). However, the games do not load when selected. Can anyone here give me a rundown of what I'm missing for Genesis, Sega CD, NES, and/or MAME ROMs?
Thank you in advance

rrifonas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read again the first post in the CFW thread, there is good information there. Other posts in the same thread have the missing pieces.

In summary:
  • Only MAME 2000 games must be renamed from zip to zim. You must have the right romset to load these games, you can easily find in the Internet Archive (MAME 0.37b5).
  • If you want to run Capcom games (CPS1/CPS2) or Neo Geo games, you will need to use files from the FBA romset (v0.2.97.39) and recompress the games with 7-zip (.7z extension). For Neo Geo, if I recall correctly, you can keep the BIOS as neogeo.zip.
  • Console games use their original extensions (bin for Genesis, nes or dat for NES - I don't recall exactly, chd for Sega CD) and you must remove any spaces or special characters in the file name (ex: "Sonic The Hedgehog.bin" must be renamed to "SonicTheHedgehog.bin". Sega CD needs the BIOS files.
  • Games in the GAME folder will display a generic icon.

Reactions: WolvieWannabe

WolvieWannabe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank You! . This got me going with NES, Master System, and Genesis. You're amazing! How do I combine the .cue, .bin and bios files for Sega CD? also, do N64 and SNS roms work? If so, what is their file format?

Last edited by WolvieWannabe,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto