1. rrifonas

rrifonas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The problem is not only the emulator (player), but the core and extensions supported are hardcoded in the menu executable. I removed the code with extensions but we can't really enable any other core without rebuild the menu. The only fix would be having another menu app and likely another player since the one being used is very limited, especially with PAL games.

2. sfchampion

sfchampion Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hi !
    I've a problem with my Sega Megadrive flashback 2018 vers.
    I've already updated it in official website, when i try to play any game beside internal games it seems to play sounds fx slower as they should be for example when i play Rocket Knight Adventure 2 and i press A to hit by sword i hear the sound of the sword after the animation not at the same time as it sholud be. There is a way to fix it ?
    I've tried to update with your custom firmware to play 32x and sega cd games but nothing changes so i think that i do something wrong. Please could anyone help me linking the last custom firmware ?

Thanks !

3. rrifonas

rrifonas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Try running the NTSC version of the games if you can. PAL games have sound or framerate issues on this device

4. sfchampion

sfchampion Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Thanks i'll try
    About the last custom firmware ? I really like to play 32x and sega cd games ^_^

5. simplyretrogamer

Newcomer

United States
    Is it possible to have both the internal games and games from the SD card with the custom cover arts appear at the same time on the boot-menu?

6. rrifonas

rrifonas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is the latest version: https://gbatemp.net/threads/genesis-flashback-hd-2018-game-manager.529624/page-6#post-8844246
    And this post has the last 'stable' version: https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-firmware-for-sega-flashback-2018.523590/page-9#post-8537041

No. The games in the "GAME" folder in the SD don't support custom cover art. You can use Genesis Flashback HD (2018) Game Manager to manipulate "allgames.ini" and make the 'external' games behave like the internal ones.

MKKhanzo likes this.
  7. simplyretrogamer

Newcomer

United States
    Last edited by simplyretrogamer, Mar 12, 2020
  8. simplyretrogamer

Newcomer

United States
    I've been looking through the update and dump files especially in the res folder, noticed it contains the majority of the textures used for the boot menu (with a few unused ones) however, Sonic Games and Bonus Games texture options are not present. I was wondering if you knew where these can be located, and whether modifications can be made to two specific items?

9. rrifonas

rrifonas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The categories are hardcoded in the menu executable.

10. ragostyle

ragostyle Newbie
    Newcomer

Chile
    hello all, its there Any Way to add games to 2013 Flashback atgames Sega Genesis Classics console ?
    the one that comes with 80 games, i cant post picture

11. jaytheman

jaytheman Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I'm having no sound on my sega flash back I've tried to download the firmware from atgames site but its not letting me register my console with the 16 digit code. My console is the version with atgames at the bottom corner. Any advice is greatly appreciated thank you

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

hi I have a sega flashback and I'm having a problem with the sound I've tried to download the firmware from atgames but there's no place to register my console the console i have has the atgames logo at the bottom corner. Any advice is greatly appreciated

12. hossbags2

hossbags2 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Does anyone know how to get FM Sound to be enabled on the Genesis Flashback 2018? I am using the custom Genesis Plus GX firmware.

13. rrifonas

rrifonas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    genesis_plus_gx_ym2413=enabled enables FM sound. I didn't test but creating a file retroplayer.ini with the content below in the root of the SD Card might work. The init script has a logic to copy retroplayer.ini from the SD Card to the /data partition. If it works, delete or rename retroplayer.ini to avoid the same file being copied every time the device restarts.

Use it at your own risk ;-)

Code:
    [Global]
    AudioSample=2048
    ScanlineFilter=0
    RewindStep=4
    UseBezel=0
    BezelPath=<path to bezel>
    Language=0
    UseOSD=0
    MaxBlackTimeout=600

[Core]
    genesis_plus_gx_no_sprite_limit=disabled
    genesis_plus_gx_audio_filter=low-pass
    genesis_plus_gx_lowpass_range=60
    genesis_plus_gx_ym2413=enabled

14. hossbags2

hossbags2 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    just asking....are you able to setup graphic filters at all. thanks by the way.... I will try your script

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I tried this, not sure if it did anything but SMS still does not have FM sound. Is it supposed to be
    genesis_plus_gx_ym2412=enabled

15. rrifonas

rrifonas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No display filters.

And I've got this setting from PC version. Atgames changed retroplayer.ini after some update introducing a retroplayer_ro.ini inside the emulator partition, which is read-only. it seems that external settings cannot be applied when you have this file.

16. hossbags2

hossbags2 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    is there any way you can figure out how to change the settings. Would like the SMS to play in FM audio,,,,,but thanks

17. Metal_josh

Metal_josh Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Sorry if question has been answered already, but has there been any all in one core that plays all the Sega ROMs (genesis, Sega cd, master system, game gear AND 32x)? That is the dream. I know some 32x games through the picodrive firmware don't play well (virtual fighter as an example) could there also be a way to fine tune those 32x ROMs?

18. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    maybe try hakchi. it now supports the genesis classic.

Last edited by godreborn, Jun 27, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - flashback, firmware, custom