1. Flypop

Flypop Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    I was poking around with this console and discovered that the Genesis Plus GX CFW also runs games from the SEGA SG-1000 (no need to change extension .sg is just recognized) and SEGA PICO (with extension .md just like a megadrive game). In the case of the Picodrive CFW I just don't know because I'll stick with the Plus GX. Nice to see some surprises like the Wonder Boy / Adventure Island esque like gameplay and that shocking Pokémon collaboration with SEGA.

2. carontester

carontester Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    hi i have the genesis flasback 2018 version i tried to run the super street fughter 2 game but any of the roms ive tried works properly this game works correctly in some place i read that this console has a 100% compatibility its that correct, theres a list of incompatobility with this cponsole the sega cd works correctly or has some isuues, ill wait for any help and info thanks

3. Flypop

Flypop Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Compatibility is definitively not 100%, certain games such as virtua racing uses special chips in order to run 3D graphics and to do special mathematical calculations. Such games are unsupported or runs with glitches. In the case of Super Street Fighter 2 I don't know but another cause could be a corrupted ROM, in that case I recommend you to search first for a verified ROM from a No-Intro Romset for example.

4. carontester

carontester Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    thanks i had a hard time but finally i found a rom of that game that worked, but i havent be able to run the sega cd i tried to put the bios of the system on the GAME folder i tried with several ones but i havent be able to run any game the console only goes black and then retrn me to the menu, can you please help me on this topic, i had also a hard time finfing other roms for the genesis and master sytem, do you have some source with a good romset to try and obtain the ones that i haven t be able to run, i tried some new games like xenocrisis or tanzer but xenocrisis didnt worked and tanzer works i tried alex kidd 2 but doesnt work

5. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    hakchi supports the mini, not the atgames consoles.

6. Morg

Morg Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    I have the 2018 model, but I'm having issues using original Sega 3-button controllers with it. I've done some testing with the Multitap ROM that shows/reads button inputs. I can't recall the specifics at the moment, but from what I remember, A is read as Start+A, C does nothing, B is read as A, and Start does nothing.

This only applies for Player 1; the 3-button controller works perfectly as Player 2.

AtGames support weren't great when I tried contacting them earlier.

Has anyone else been able to get a 3-button controller working as Player 1, either with the original firmware, or with rrifonas' CFW?

If not, is there any way to modify the CFW to allow correct inputs from the 3-button controller?

7. carontester

carontester Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    please a detailed guide on how can we play sega cd games no one answer this in a very clear and detailed way

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - flashback, firmware, custom