Hacking Custom Boot Logo for Switch

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When updating the firmware do we just delete the custom bootlogo folder before updating? Cuz I seem to remember not being able to boot up when updating firmware. Or just gotta update custom bootlogo as well?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
When updating the firmware do we just delete the custom bootlogo folder before updating? Cuz I seem to remember not being able to boot up when updating firmware. Or just gotta update custom bootlogo as well?
Hello there, BootLogo is a Patch to the firmware files, so if you update the firmware and do not remove the old folder will be no problem because now you do not have the files marked to be patched for the IPSs files on your folder. so when you boot a new firmware you only will note you bootlogo is the original one. you only need to generate the new set of files for the new firmware and copy them to the folder.
Post automatically merged:

something I forget to mention. if you look into the folder there is a lot of files, each one is for a firmware version or set of firmware versions. so unless you are very cherry picking you have some unneeded files on that folder.

Last edited by impeeza,
Reactions: laz305 and BigOnYa

chunkz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the work guys. I was confused at first but just combed through the thread and got it working. Definitely pretty cool to have a custom boot logo. You guys rock.

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol