Homebrew Currently on 11.7 is it worth updating to 11.8 on my 3DS XL

zerolinks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new update is going to kill freeshop? I thought it was only affecting online play with pirated games, i.e bans.
There is a lot of misinformation going around.

Currently, the way that Nintendo is checking for pirated games is during install of games using eshop clones. From what I've read there have been no checks when launching or going online with installed games.

Freeshop wont be around for much longer, It's also best to not download games in sleep mode (this is risky as hell, i guess)

Once freeshop dies. its back to loading cias through FBI

Halomach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a lot of misinformation going around.

Currently, the way that Nintendo is checking for pirated games is during install of games using eshop clones. From what I've read there have been no checks when launching or going online with installed games.

Freeshop wont be around for much longer, It's also best to not download games in sleep mode (this is risky as hell, i guess)

Once freeshop dies. its back to loading cias through FBI

Can I download in sleep mode on the official eShop still?

seren3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay we have at least five threads asking the exact same question clogging up the forum now. Can you please use the search function before you post? Or post in someone else's thread instead of making a new one?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I will say the new update kinda woke up the 3ds section though lol, was getting kinda dead for awhile
There was even more 3ds threads than Switch in the Recent Content section for a couple of days.
It was like old times. *plays sentimental tune*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.