ROM Hack CTRPluginFramework - Blank Plugin - Now with Action Replay

I7boom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys ! :)
Here's my little Chrismas Gift for you !

Let's start with CTRPF with Action Replay support !
So you'll be able to load codes from text files (that can be find on Fort42 or even on this forum).
The file can be at 2 locations:
  • cheats.txt placed in the same folder of the plugin (like /plugin/<tid>/cheats.txt)
  • If the cheats.txt file is not found, then the plugin search for a <tid>.txt file in sd:/cheats folder (like sd:/cheats/<TID>.txt)
No editor for now but it's planned, however it should be compatible with all working Gateshark codes.
Here's a list of all the code types support by this Action Replay (all Gateshark and more !).

It supports folders and note generated with NTR Plugin Manager. ;)

Note that this version can break the compatibility with others plugins, it's still highly in dev and crashs should be expected.
Backup your saves before using it !!! There's many tools for that.

Big thanks to @AnalogMan, @Anto726, @Mega-Mew, @Scotline and @Vermil for the beta testing, they were a big help as I don't have much time to test things (and found some huge bugs). :)

My second gift for you is my POC of a plugin loader within Luma3DS 9.0.
This version of Luma3DS can loads plugin without the need to use BootNTR.

However, keep in mind that only CTRPF plugins can be launched with it (and they must be recently compiled, old versions might not work) and the path as well as plugin's name is static:
  • sd:/luma/plugins/<tid>/plugin.plg
Must be this exact path or it won't work.
Also, the plugin loader only works on fw equal or higher than 11.4.

Good new, O3DS users can now use CTRPF on Mode3 games with this plugin loader (so you can use ultraSumoFramework on O3DS).

I recommend using this plugin loader as well for the ActionReplay ctrpf. ;)

That's all, Merry Christmas too all of you ! :)

A newer version can be found in the OP, with bugfixes and a full InGame Code Editor !
Prefer it instead of the attached files of this post.
Hi i have an O3ds and im using luma 9.1 ver i did everything that you said but the plugin never show when i hit Sel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To people getting the "Failed To Apply 1 Firm Patch" on the old 3DS, refer to post #1169 by Nutez in this very same thread.

In short, you need both the Luma3DS 9.1 with the .3gx plugin loader support and the blank .3gx plugin, both by Nanquitas. The links can be found in Nutez's post since I cannot add links to my own posts.

If you just want to enable action replay codes, do the following:

1. Install the aforementioned Luma3DS 9.1 with .3gx plugin support.
2. Extract the blank .3gx plugin to sd:\luma\plugins\<titleid> and rename it to default.3gx.
3. Create a file named cheats.txt, add your AR codes and then reinsert the SD card back into your 3DS.
4. Turn on your 3DS and once on the home screen, open the Rosalina menu (the default key combo is L+Down+Select) and set Plugin Loader to Enabled.
5. Load the desired game and press the Select button to open the Action Replay window. Click on ActionReplay and then choose which cheats you want to enable.

Last edited by Deleted member 457343,
Reactions: Nutez

KeLsGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
To people getting the "Failed To Apply 1 Firm Patch" on the old 3DS, refer to post #1169 by Nutez in this very same thread.

In short, you need both the Luma3DS 9.1 with the .3gx plugin loader support and the blank .3gx plugin, both by Nanquitas. The links can be found in Nutez's post since I cannot add links to my own posts.

If you just want to enable action replay codes, do the following:

1. Install the aforementioned Luma3DS 9.1 with .3gx plugin support.
2. Extract the blank .3gx plugin to sd:\luma\plugins\<titleid> and rename it to default.3gx.
3. Create a file named cheats.txt, add your AR codes and then reinsert the SD card back into your 3DS.
4. Turn on your 3DS and once on the home screen, open the Rosalina menu (the default key combo is L+Down+Select) and set Plugin Loader to Enabled.
5. Load the desired game and press the Select button to open the Action Replay window. Click on ActionReplay and then choose which cheats you want to enable.

i tried it but how can i make compatible with this plugin this is the only plugin i want to use it use .plg but since plugin support now is .3gx
edit: i cant post the link since im new member
but i will put the title of thread and it can be also found here
NTR plugin Fantasy Life

Last edited by KeLsGaming,

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried it but how can i make compatible with this plugin this is the only plugin i want to use it use .plg but since plugin support now is .3gx
edit: i cant post the link since im new member
but i will put the title of thread and it can be also found here
NTR plugin Fantasy Life
Just use the older NTR Boot Selector for .plg format plugins after disabling the .3gx plugin loader under rosalina menu

AzuraLove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sorry,
I'm at luma 9.0 o3ds,
How to disable plungin loader from startup ?

B'couse when i disable it at booted 3ds, then run ntr mode3, it'll automated startup, then make mode3 error.

Anyone have moded boot.firm with disabled plugin loader at startup ?

Thanks

Computer_Freak_2004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry,
I'm at luma 9.0 o3ds,
How to disable plungin loader from startup ?

B'couse when i disable it at booted 3ds, then run ntr mode3, it'll automated startup, then make mode3 error.

Anyone have moded boot.firm with disabled plugin loader at startup ?

Thanks

I would need that too, because CFW apps are crashing if I forgot to disable the plugin loader.

userix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Luma 9.1 N3DS and tried using the boot.firm in the OP, but I get an error upon powering up, saying error with FIRM. I cannot boot up into system properly. Firmware is 11.3.0

morrisonian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@Nutez @phosphor hey guys, i first wanted to thank you about the latest responses you've had on this thread.

I just wanted to clear some things out:

I followed Nutez's post about the correct boot.firm that has to be on the SD root of the Luma3DS version that loads plugins, and it went fine. But I was wondering how am I supposed to load the .plg files off of the /luma/plugins/id/plugin.plg ? It's just that it only loads AR cheats (which I was able to do and had no problem, but I dislike them). But the thing is that I wanted to load the plg files from USUM framework plg and XYORAS plg, which have a better UI, but I'm unable to do it from Nanquitas boot.firm, I'm only able to load them via badda's boot.firm of Luma3DS and by Boot NTR selector 3.12 (if I move them to /plugin/ID/.plg).

So, idk how to activate the .plg by using the provided boot.firm. I already put the plg plugins on the /luma/plugins/id/plugin.plg for each game, and I'm unable to load it via nanquitas boot.firm of luma3ds, only able to load USUM framework via baddas boot.firm and for XYORAS plg using bootntrselector.

Thanks for your help.

AzuraLove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@Nutez @phosphor hey guys, i first wanted to thank you about the latest responses you've had on this thread.

I just wanted to clear some things out:

I followed Nutez's post about the correct boot.firm that has to be on the SD root of the Luma3DS version that loads plugins, and it went fine. But I was wondering how am I supposed to load the .plg files off of the /luma/plugins/id/plugin.plg ? It's just that it only loads AR cheats (which I was able to do and had no problem, but I dislike them). But the thing is that I wanted to load the plg files from USUM framework plg and XYORAS plg, which have a better UI, but I'm unable to do it from Nanquitas boot.firm, I'm only able to load them via badda's boot.firm of Luma3DS and by Boot NTR selector 3.12 (if I move them to /plugin/ID/.plg).

So, idk how to activate the .plg by using the provided boot.firm. I already put the plg plugins on the /luma/plugins/id/plugin.plg for each game, and I'm unable to load it via nanquitas boot.firm of luma3ds, only able to load USUM framework via baddas boot.firm and for XYORAS plg using bootntrselector.

Thanks for your help.

if u using boot.firm with plugin loader, that not all cheat plugin compatible, like speedfly plugin not compatible with it,. but u can use actionreplay from gateway.

try to read first post.

Last edited by AzuraLove,

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the source. I just don't know how to add them...
you'll need to know how to read C++/C# and move the codes over one by one to the new blank plugin template, then build the result. That or the harder route of translating them to gatestark/CTRPFAR code format and entering them under the action replay codes.

if you're can't read C++/C#, you're SOL until you learn or someone else does it

Last edited by iSharingan,

toberkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you'll need to know how to read C++/C# and move the codes over one by one to the new blank plugin template, then build the result. That or the harder route of translating them to gatestark/CTRPFAR code format and entering them under the action replay codes.

I

How to add this for exapmple, thats an Infinite Drop Code for ACNL:

void inf_drop(void)
{
if(is_pressed(BUTTON_R + BUTTON_DU))
{
WRITEU8(0x19C4F0, 0x00);
WRITEU8(0x19C594, 0x00);
}
if(is_pressed(BUTTON_R + BUTTON_DD))
{
WRITEU8(0x19C4F0, 0x06);
WRITEU8(0x19C594, 0x06);
}
}

userix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that using cheats with the built-in cheat function in Luma 3DS, I often get random arm11 exception crashes. It's random and happens with any game, but it happens pretty often, to a point where I have to replay certain sections repeatedly because it crashes before autosaving. The codes do work though.

I currently run Luma 3DS with plugin loader. I have the action replay plugin installed as well, but I have tested both with plugin loader enabled and disabled, but that doesn't seem to have any effect and I still get often, random arm11 exception crashes. The cheats I use are the gateshark txt file format placed in the /cheats folder in the root directory of the micro SD card and loaded by activating the cheat menu right in the Luma menu (L+SELECT+DOWN).

Austin283874

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to clear a few things up:
1. The OP Luma build will not work on the current highest firmware version is it is only 9.0. Do NOT use this boot.firm from the OP.
2. BootNTR is a standalone CIA that has the best backwards compatibility for all old .plg plugins.
3. Badda recompiled the OP Luma build to include 9.1. This works with some old .plg plugins but not all. Given the more limited plugin support and the fact that the OP has created a new framework since: this build should be considered deprecated. Use BootNTR instead, it has much better coverage.
4. Nanquitas, the OP and creator of everything NTR related (by the looks of it) made a new framework for .3gx plugins. This 9.1 Luma build works exclusively with .3gx plugins.
5. There are not many .3gx plugins around but latest Mario Kart 7 - Custom Track Grand Prix 7 (CTGP-7) uses this new .3gx framework and therefore needs the above Luma build.
6. Nanquitas also created a "blank" .3gx plugin that has a hex editor, AR cheats and New 3DS button support (C-Stick, ZR). This can be used for any game (rename & place at sd:/luma/plugins/default.3gx) and this is much better than any old AR .plg plugin.
7. All hail Nanquitas!
8. I have compiled a custom Luma 9.1 build that merges Nanquitas' .3gx plugin loader with Sono's CTR_Redshift, plus a few minor tweaks for personal use. You can find it in my sig and I aim to keep it up-to-date with any main Luma changes, Nanquitas .3gx plugin loader changes and potentially basic new feature suggestions.

tldr
BootNTR for .plg plugins
This Luma for .3gx plugins

I am using the OLD 3DS on Luma 9.1 and the boot.firm you linked worked, and using the UltraSuMoFramework plugin worked perfectly. However I can't seem to get NTR to work. I have the same files in root (/plugin/UltraSunTileID/cheat.plg) in root instead of just ./luma/plugins/UltraSunTileID/plugin.plg. When I launch mode3 3.6 it loads but "game plugins" does not show up in x+y and does nothing when i press select (this worked on the recompiled 9.1 firm).

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using the OLD 3DS on Luma 9.1 and the boot.firm you linked worked, and using the UltraSuMoFramework plugin worked perfectly. However I can't seem to get NTR to work. I have the same files in root (/plugin/UltraSunTileID/cheat.plg) in root instead of just ./luma/plugins/UltraSunTileID/plugin.plg. When I launch mode3 3.6 it loads but "game plugins" does not show up in x+y and does nothing when i press select (this worked on the recompiled 9.1 firm).
the Luma plugin loader in the custom 9.1 payload overrides the ntrselector CIA (including the mode3 version) and can't read .plg format plugins. You need to disable the Luma plugin loader under Rosalina menu, then the selector will resume working as intended.

Austin283874

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the Luma plugin loader in the custom 9.1 payload overrides the ntrselector CIA (including the mode3 version) and can't read .plg format plugins. You need to disable the Luma plugin loader under Rosalina menu, then the selector will resume working as intended.
How do you disable the Luma plugin loader? Also I'm trying to just use NTR instead of having the cheats loaded up every time I launch the game like in the custom 9.1 boot.firm

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you disable the Luma plugin loader? Also I'm trying to just use NTR instead of having the cheats loaded up every time I launch the game like in the custom 9.1 boot.firm
Press L, D-pad Down, and Select at the same time (default button combo for Rosalina menu) then hit A on the "Plugin loader" entry so it switches to 'Disabled'

If the custom 9.1 is still active, it overrides other NTR launchers.

Last edited by iSharingan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol