ROM Hack CTRPluginFramework - Blank Plugin - Now with Action Replay

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to get the AR plugin to work with Star Fox 64 (USA), but it just freezes the game when I press the button to open the menu. A little help would be appreciated because the other games work just fine when I use it with the game.

Aline Pereira Rêgo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I am trying to download the Fort42 cheats file you linked in the first post @Nanquitas , but My antivirus won't let me open that url no matter what I do. Can you upload it somewhere else? (or someone else share it with me however they can;;)

0x3000027E

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: ConKonner

AlabasterPenguins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

0x3000027E

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone have a copy of the archive 'cause when I click the link and try to download it my antivirus freaks out

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it says the rar file is damaged

Yea, I just checked it. The source file is corrupt, sorry. Perhaps this will catch Nanquitas attention and he can upload a new file.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yea, I just checked it. The source file is corrupt, sorry. Perhaps this will catch Nanquitas attention and he can upload a new file.

The source file is not corrupted, it's just an error 404 html file.
upload_2018-9-8_17-47-55.png

Reactions: 0x3000027E

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

jimjomjohnson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed CTRPluginFramework based off of Badda's boot.firm and the latest ActionReplay.plg on my o3ds with Luna 9.1 . I've also installed the ultraSUMOFramework for UltraSun (version 0.0.0 per CIA)
However, when using the plugin in game after enabling a cheat and most typically when opening the game's menu or going into the party menu the system will crash. Also, if i launch the game with plugin loader disabled and hit the home button I will also get a system crash. Is there anything I can do now or am i to wait for Nanquitas's next release?

Last edited by jimjomjohnson,

gunfort

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
O3ds Plugin will be enable by default you must access Rosalina menu and disable it before accesssing any hombrew app.
N3ds plugin is disable by default you need to access Rosalina menu and enable it before starting a game and select the cheats.
you must reset your 3ds everytime you come out of a game that you have use cheats if you enter another game without reset 3ds will freeze.

accessing plugin menu is as simple as pressing select.
so this updated file is safe to use with 11.8 update?

Korados

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I posted this somewhere else but didn't get an answer, so I thought I bring it here.

I guess I found a bug with the plugin. I tried to use CTRPF with Mario Sports Superstars (EUR) (00040000001D1C00) but strangely, the game freezes to black when I select Tennis or Golf from the main menu.
The other three sports are fine. I tried both the normal and alternative Action Replay plugin files and also tried to place the Action Replay into a separate folder, but nothing helped. I use the Luma plugin loader.
I assume that this happens because the Tennis and Golf parts of the game were made separately by Camelot, but that's just a guess. Does anybody have an idea what I could do? Thank you!

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country

Badda

me too
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
Good day, i just read back some post, just want to ask which version of luma 9.1 mod plugin loader (that will work in 11.8) is the most stable?

this one by @Nanquitas
https://gbatemp.net/posts/8199046/

or by @Badda
http://badda.de/lumamod/

or the plugin loader here by @JourneyOver github page:
https://github.com/JourneyOver/CTRPF-AR-CHEAT-CODES
https://github.com/JourneyOver/CTRPF-AR-CHEAT-CODES/blob/master/Luma3DS 9.1 - Plugin Loader.7z

thanks...
Actually, my version is just @Nanquitas changes to Luma3DS merged into the most current Luma3DS source and recompiled.
It's compatible with 11.8 (as is the most current Luma3DS). Should be as stable as @Nanquitas release but based on most current Luma code.

KaiMG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This no longer works for the latest Luma version. When I replaced the boot.firm with the one provided here, my O3DS no longer boots.
I get a black screen that says something along the lines of "unable to apply patch".
Luckily, I created a backup of my original boot.firm.

A video sent me to this forum post with instructions to download the "CTRPF Blank plugin" but I can see now that it has been removed.
It appears that the current version of the NTR booter works for me, so even though you made a boot.firm that *was* compatible with luma, wouldn't it make sense to leave the old blank plugin as a back up?

Luma will always be updated until Nintendo stops releasing "stabilisation patches". Which means you'd have to replace the *compatible* boot.firm each time luma updates.

All I want to do is make some cheats for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [Eur]

There are only two cheats available on the sharkive list and neither of them work through the luma menu. When I saw how easy it was to make your own cheats using this plugin, I thought my problems were at an end :'(

Badda

me too
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
This no longer works for the latest Luma version. When I replaced the boot.firm with the one provided here, my O3DS no longer boots.
I get a black screen that says something along the lines of "unable to apply patch".
Luckily, I created a backup of my original boot.firm.

A video sent me to this forum post with instructions to download the "CTRPF Blank plugin" but I can see now that it has been removed.
It appears that the current version of the NTR booter works for me, so even though you made a boot.firm that *was* compatible with luma, wouldn't it make sense to leave the old blank plugin as a back up?

Luma will always be updated until Nintendo stops releasing "stabilisation patches". Which means you'd have to replace the *compatible* boot.firm each time luma updates.

All I want to do is make some cheats for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [Eur]

There are only two cheats available on the sharkive list and neither of them work through the luma menu. When I saw how easy it was to make your own cheats using this plugin, I thought my problems were at an end :'(

Can you at least read some posts at the end of the thread before complaining?

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to keep the plugin loader enabled in Rosalina? It always defaults to disabled after I restart the console. Also, is there a way to use an NTR plugin AND this? Such as the SuMo NTR plugin. These both have great options and would be nice to be able to use both.

Last edited by DEMONDICE,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!