Hacking CTRNAND transfer also transfers other console's ticket.db etc. - It can remove your bad tickets!

MelonGx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
So in theory we can get pirated fieldrunners and make it legit to transfer?
For system transferring, no.
Official system transfer requires an Internet access. All the local tickets should be synchronized by the server data.
So even you have a "locally legitimated" ticket, it will still be disabled on accessing the Internet during official ST.

I've tried this method > bad tickets still exist > ticket.db can't be transferred
It should be CTRtransfer.bin's problem.

Why? What's the difference after a ctrtransfer? I can't get any clue from Decrypt9WIP code.
CTRtransfer auto-fixes the CMAC of foreign ticket.db from the ctrtransfer.bin to match your console. So the ticket.db transfer can be done.
Directly transferring ticket.db doesn't fix the CMAC so it causes a brick.

Last edited by MelonGx,
Reactions: MiseryXYZ and cearp

orochi115

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
CTRtransfer auto-fixes the CMAC of foreign ticket.db from the ctrtransfer.bin to match your console. So the ticket.db transfer can be done.

In transfer.c:
Code:
    Debug("Step #5: Fixing CMACs and paths");
    if (AutoFixCtrnand(N_NANDWRITE) != 0)
        return 1;
    Debug("Step #5 success!");

If you mean that, I think "Autofix CTRNAND" can be done directly from Decrypt9 Menu (In [CTRNAND transfer...] submenu).

And in InjectNandFile():
Code:
    // fix CMAC for file
    Debug("Fixing file CMAC for console...");
    FixNandCmac(param);
CMAC for the file should have been fixed after injection by Decrypt9WIP.

Again, it also removes my legally purchased/downloaded valid tickets as well, right?

Reactions: MiseryXYZ

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For system transferring, no.
Official system transfer requires an Internet access. All the local tickets should be synchronized by the server data.
So even you have a "locally legitimated" ticket, it will still be disabled on accessing the Internet during official ST.

It should be CTRtransfer.bin's problem.

I've tried several times but the bad tickets won't be lifted. Old ticket.db and transferred one have exactly the same the amount of bad tickets.

Last edited by thaikhoa,

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Yes it also delete legally bought content tickets, but that"s not a problem since the eShop download them again when you connect to it.

Last edited by Clector,

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've just figured out that using this method won't work as Decrypt9wip will automatically fixed ticket.db to match the target one.

To make it more simply

Inject directly foreign ticket.db to target console, Decrypt9WIP will automatically fixed CMAC for compatibility. All bad tickets have lifted. Happy ending :D

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
This doesn't work at all, like many said already, Decrypt9 dumps a few System files from the old NAND and inject them back after the CTRNAND transfer. So you still keep the same ticket.db

I'm really trying to get my hands on a clean ticket.db (To fix the DLC issues with the eShop) but I'm too scared to directly inject the CTRNAND partition because I don't want to accidentally overwrite a9lh.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
@Garro You can use a Redirection Nand to be safe for overwrite Arm9LoaderHax.
I totally forgot that Emunand is a thing. But I extracted the ticket directly from the CTRNAND dump using WinImage with an old tutorial I found here, and managed to inject and have a clean ticket.db, but thanks for the suggestion!

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This doesn't work at all, like many said already, Decrypt9 dumps a few System files from the old NAND and inject them back after the CTRNAND transfer. So you still keep the same ticket.db

I'm really trying to get my hands on a clean ticket.db (To fix the DLC issues with the eShop) but I'm too scared to directly inject the CTRNAND partition because I don't want to accidentally overwrite a9lh.

Get a clean stock ticket.db from another O3DS/N3DS and inject to your O3DS/N3DS, Decrypt9WIP will automatically fix CMAC to match your console. By doing that way it will remove your bad tickets completely.

MiseryXYZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this is a related topic: What is the best possible way to get a absolute clean/legit NAND without NNID, Tickets, Settings or whatsoever? The only clue is I don't trust my NAND Backups anymore, so what are my options as of now?

EDIT: Here is a list of the default titles, u should be able to compare it with home-brews like fbi or godmode (BE CAREFUL CAN LEAD TO BRICK if not used properly)

Last edited by MiseryXYZ,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this is a related topic: What is the best possible way to get a absolute clean/legit NAND without NNID, Tickets, Settings or whatsoever?
System Format? That usually wipes everything back to factory state, though titles installed in NAND will persist.

MiseryXYZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My resent research have shown a different behaviour. The so called "system format" implementation added by big N is one of the worst peace of thought ever compiled for a silicon based machine.... The word combination factory state and system format by big N, made my day :))))

Whatsoever, the point: System format will not delete your ticket.dat nor NNID nor changes made to the NAND or any of the interesting system datas....

OF: 21st century, when will N join us?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
My resent research have shown a different behaviour. The so called "system format" implementation added by big N is one of the worst peace of thought ever compiled for a silicon based machine.... The word combination factory state and system format by big N, made my day :))))

Whatsoever, the point: System format will not delete your ticket.dat nor NNID nor changes made to the NAND or any of the interesting system datas....

OF: 21st century, when will N join us?
AFAIK, System format should unlink your NNID - however, you are correct in saying it doesn't touch anything installed to NAND, nor your tickets.

MiseryXYZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK, System format should unlink your NNID - however, you are correct in saying it doesn't touch anything installed to NAND, nor your tickets.

NNID data will not be deleted. As of now I have to do some research of the 3ds itself first. Hard to explain or understand what kind of data corresponding to the NNID stays and which does not.

But in short it definitely will not delete the complete NNID information only some information like your password and username......

Last edited by MiseryXYZ,
Reactions: astronautlevel

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
NNID data will not be deleted. As of now I have to do some research of the 3ds itself first. Hard to explain or understand what kind of data corresponding the NNID stays and which does not.

But in short it definitely will not delete the complete NNID information only some information like your password and username......
Ah, yeah, that's definitely possible. I know that it unlinks it from your console server-side, at least, and I'm pretty sure it logs you out (as you said).

I'd be interested in what exactly is deleted; there might be info on 3dbrew, which you may want to look at to see if there's any prior information.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Since this is a related topic: What is the best possible way to get a absolute clean/legit NAND without NNID, Tickets, Settings or whatsoever? The only clue is I don't trust my NAND Backups anymore, so what are my options as of now?

EDIT: Here is a list of the default titles, u should be able to compare it with home-brews like fbi or godmode (BE CAREFUL CAN LEAD TO BRICK if not used properly)
Well making a Nand Dump just right after the first ever setup of that console or also make a Nand Backup trough Hardmod before Setup.
Even so some consoles come with some apps and games preinstalled in the side of Tickets so it will be good to note that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh sorry about that