C

Chandler

OP
Wrong Forum, Thread can be closed !

Too many discussions.

C

Chandler

OP
You can modify a lot of things in this game since you can see all textures and modify brlyt, brlan, etc..
There is a lot possibilities.

Educational purpose, and customizing
wink.gif

C

Chandler

OP
ddp127 said:
things like texturehacking etc. i think

and geometry, animations, skeleton mod etc... a really lot of hot stuffs
wink.gif

Alimdoener

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry this is kinda off-topic but your file-extension-analysis matches what I'm currently doing (extracting music and sounds off the game).

So what to do with *.aw-Files (as found in the AudiRes/Stream-Folder).

C

Chandler

OP
Alimdoener said:
Sorry this is kinda off-topic but your file-extension-analysis matches what I'm currently doing (extracting music and sounds off the game).

Just use vgmstream (read the readme) to convert AST files to wav
yay.gif

C

Chandler

OP
Alimdoener said:

Ok i took a look at AW files, they seems to be sound effects, it need jai*.* files to decompress correctly, someone should take a look at this : wwdumpsnd, and modify source maybe
wink.gif

GrandMasterJimmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BDL are models, with skeletons.

BCK are animations.

BTK is not animations.

And none of it has to do with fucking java, and you also cannot currently edit a bmd/bdl/bck at all. You can import them into 3DS max with animations, but you can't repack a bmd/bdl/bck currently.

Also, maybe take a look here, so you know what the fuck you're talking about with models.

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=44490

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, I love when people on the fucking board join together and help each other the fuck out out with fucking around.

Maybe you'll be thanked in the final fucking guide too, wouldn't that be fucking awesome?
wink.gif

Alimdoener

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chandler said:
Alimdoener said:

Ok i took a look at AW files, they seems to be sound effects, it need jai*.* files to decompress correctly, someone should take a look at this : wwdumpsnd, and modify source maybe
wink.gif

Maybe someone could send me the JailInit.aaf from Zelda and I could try it out.
Mario comes with an Info, Seqs, SpkRes folder containing that data I think, but in another format.

After extracting JaiChord.arc, JaiMe.arc, JaiRemixSeq.arc in the info-folder I got:

1. a lot of *.cit-Files (MIDI?) from JaiChord.arc

2. a defaultme.bme and a metable.bmt file of JaiMe.arc

3. a defaultremixseq.brs from JaiRemixSeq.arc

This shouldn't have anything to do with the *.aw-Files as they should just be *.wave-Files so please provide me a JailInit.aaf
smile.gif

C

Chandler

OP
SectionX said:
Java in a Nintendo game? Now I heard it all. Fail.

QUOTE said:
Java3D is another 3D programming API that exists on a similar level to OpenGL, Direct3D, PHIGS and similar systems. It is designed to use hardware accelaration wherever possible based on the underlying graphics architecture of the OS. That is, J3D provides a 3D rendering API for the Java language, but at the same time it may use OpenGL to do the interface to the hardware. J3D does not require direct hardware device driver support like the other APIs because it could rely on them to build its functionality.
Excuse me, but when you find files related to 3D part on a game with "J3D" inside the header, you should ask yourself why Nintendo would not use Java3D sometime and search for it. The "?" mean that we are not sure it is really J3D files, modded J3D files or anything related to J3D OR NOT JAVA3D related !

For the moment it's a possibility, not a fact, until someone say something usefull, not like the babys here who loves to flame but do nothing more..

SectionX => Fail

GrandMasterJimmy
BDL are models, with skeletons.

BCK are animations.

BTK is not animations.

And none of it has to do with fucking java, and you also cannot currently edit a bmd/bdl/bck at all. You can import them into 3DS max with animations, but you can't repack a bmd/bdl/bck currently.

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=44490

Thanks for it
Btw i already browsed the website you linked and saw the work already done, my thread is not a copy of the work done by these guys, it's a topic about modding SMG, any things that can be done at current time with the current available tools and open sources projects that can be modded to work with SMG files that we can't use for now.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Somehow I have a hard time believing that you can make Mario Galaxy look or sound better.

C

Chandler

OP
Knocks said:
Somehow I have a hard time believing that you can make Mario Galaxy look or sound better.

Anybody can make SMG look or sound better since you can repack custom texture and custom sound.

You have access to all tpl, and you can change the sound too, so yes, anyone can......

Flame..again and again...

@GrandMasterJimmy : Ok, if you know more about something usefull in this thread, feel free to post

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
I bet you can compose a better soundtrack and orchestrate it yourself, too. Give me a break, this game is already perfect, and the textures and character models are optimized for Wii's hardware in standard definition output. No one will make Mario Galaxy look better until Wii is emulated and can run in a higher resolution than 480p, and that's light years away.

C

Chandler

OP
Knocks said:
I bet you can compose a better soundtrack and orchestrate it yourself, too. Give me a break, this game is already perfect, and the textures and character models are optimized for Wii's hardware in standard definition output. No one will make Mario Galaxy look better until Wii is emulated and can run in a higher resolution than 480p, and that's light years away.

Get a life... who is talking about creating new songs. Take a look at old work done on rom hacking scene with olders mario, zelda, what you want, but stop act like the child you are.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not that I'm a mod or something..
But instead of flaming eachother..

I mean, people who are negative about this, just stfu.
People who actually want to work on it.. Instead of flaming back on all those negative comments, you could also just post some of the stuff you already managed to do..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-