Hacking cSM Sneak Peek!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd love to read more about this, more details etc. Forsaekn, do you have a site you post findings or a blog?

Is this where the updating will be patched in?
/shared2/wc24/nwc24dl.bin

Saw that while looking for something else, got me a bit curious.
tongue.gif

I read up a little but info is scarce, seems this can connect in standby mode.

Beatchu

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Fors, got those star channels working yet?
tongue.gif

Just wondering, will this "pre release" thing have the backup loading from the disc channel without using rebooter (hard to word that), or will that come with the full release?

thawkins1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is so cool!!! I haven't modded my wii yet but I'm getting the things needed this weekend!!!! Thanks to all the coders and hackers out there
biggrin.gif

bozzer123

Trophies
XP
Country
Beatchu said:
tongue.gif

Just wondering, will this "pre release" thing have the backup loading from the disc channel without using rebooter (hard to word that), or will that come with the full release?

hope its in this one

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
New Day, new question
nyanya.gif
:

What about Online-Bann? I know many people will now scream:

QUOTE said:
"LOL, do you realy belive Nintendo will bann us?"

Or something, but hey, they changed the EULA, and now they say they can Bann you, and I belive them...

I think there's no way around this, right? Or would you be able (later, when they started with that) to fix that?

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jan777 said:
ahh my one way ticket to heaven just got lost
Im sure a wad form of it will pop up on the internet somewhere.

Slimmmmmm said:
I'd love to read more about this, more details etc. Forsaekn, do you have a site you post findings or a blog?

Is this where the updating will be patched in?
/shared2/wc24/nwc24dl.bin

Saw that while looking for something else, got me a bit curious.
tongue.gif

I read up a little but info is scarce, seems this can connect in standby mode.
Yea im still looking into that autoupdate thing, and i do have a site but im preparing some subspace for cSM. I just don't really wanna do writeups because id prefer if nintendo didnt get an insight to how it got patched
wink.gif
If they really want it they can dl it themselves.

Beatchu said:
tongue.gif

i MAY implement that in this release...not sure though, apparently nintendo put in a new check that im looking into that pretty much kills the chances of running backups from the disc channel. If I figure it out by the time this prerelease is okay to set free, i may put an option in the installer to patch the system menu to use cIOS instead of IOS50 or not.

QUOTE(Blue-K @ Nov 20 2008, 12:30 PM) New Day, new question
nyanya.gif
:

What about Online-Bann? I know many people will now scream:

"LOL, do you realy belive Nintendo will bann us?"

Or something, but hey, they changed the EULA, and now they say they can Bann you, and I belive them...

I think there's no way around this, right? Or would you be able (later, when they started with that) to fix that?
Nintendo is very capable of banning, there are a lot of things about our wii's that are unique (and unchangeable) that they can ban by. It'll probably take someone getting the banstick before we are aware of it and we can start seeing if we can circumvent it.

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forsaekn said:
jan777 said:
ahh my one way ticket to heaven just got lost
Im sure a wad form of it will pop up on the internet somewhere.
God i hope so
smile.gif
when u said only can install with net acess on the wii It took all hope of me seeing this installed on my wii.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forsaekn said:
nah you can go direct to 3.4, provided you use my installer. you would have to also install IOS50, and the updated Mii channel to get the "full" update, and my installer does it all so no worries.

Im having trouble patching out the TPhack block...I've patched where it checks the integrity of the zelda save file in two places in the system menu, and now it no longer deletes it if its already installed, but you still can't copy it from your sd card. Kinda sucks for people who don't already have TP hack installed, or may accidently lose theirs and currently have no way of putting it back.

Im hoping I can figure out why its still blocked from being copied, but i just spent the last 4 or 5 hours trying to figure it out to no avail. ./sigh. hackmii says TPhack is dead now, but im determined to unblock it. atleast im halfway to doing that

Everything else is looking good tho
dude you are awesome!!! you remind me of DAX, the way he swooped down from the heavens and decrypted every update $ony threw at the homebrew scene

ah memories
grog.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorox said:
How would it be possible for Ninty to ban us? Would'nt we need to update 1st?

No, no one can say for a fact Nintendo can't scan your wii when playing online to search for certain things. Obviously they are Nintendo and know there stuff.
But people who try things like this and other things do so at their own risk (future note to people don't complain about a choice you make)

Maybe if Nintendo do ban then the scene will come up with alternative servers to play online, and I doubt it would take much to out do Nintendo there
tongue.gif
, so good may come from even adverse effects, only time will tell.

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Isnt scanning our wii for illegal hardware etc. against the Internet Privacy Act Signed by bill clinton? i mean we are technicall on the internet when we go and play online games. Time for some research.

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorox said:
Isnt scanning our wii for illegal hardware etc. against the Internet Privacy Act Signed by bill clinton? i mean we are technicall on the internet when we go and play online games. Time for some research.
Microsoft does it.

Beatchu

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorox said:
That, my friend, is fake (according to wikipedia)

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i am pretty sure the system itself is looking for a hacked drivefirmware or unstealthed backups and reports it. so they are not directly spying over the web.

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The cSM Disables Nintendo from Scanning our wii? That would make this the second best thing in the world (next to the creation of the doughnut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    WPiso @ WPiso: m