Not open for further replies.

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rawalisb said:
sorry if this was asked before, but will the csm have usb 2.0 support?
As soon as someone develops a usb 2 EHCI driver to replace the wii's current 1.1, yes. Unfortunately I dont have the neccesary background in USB controllers to write it myself.

gllt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gllt.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
USB 2.0 == Huge Advancement (imo)

Faster external hard driver and large capacity usb flash drive support

and probably would be better for hubs I guess

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, hate to ask all these questions to have you pulled away from the awesome work your doing Forsaken... but I gotta know...

I saw in the vid that the menu (channels) screen was different. Is there a way to preserve the look of N's design, or will we HAVE to change it?

Can you change the background sound... maybe in version 2.5 have it run on a playlist of MP3's on the SD card...

just askin a few Q's to get those creative juice's flowin!

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
Ok, hate to ask all these questions to have you pulled away from the awesome work your doing Forsaken... but I gotta know...

I saw in the vid that the menu (channels) screen was different. Is there a way to preserve the look of N's design, or will we HAVE to change it?

Can you change the background sound... maybe in version 2.5 have it run on a playlist of MP3's on the SD card...

just askin a few Q's to get those creative juice's flowin!
wait...how was the menu screen different? lol I hadnt changed anything yet.

And yeah, I kinda like the way the wii's menu works, i just might add stuff to it while keeping the current "feel". I think the settings menu is horrible though, im totally changing that, but keeping the same visual "style" so to speak.

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oh, it looked different... a little more blocky... sorry! it was on a standard TV, and I'm used to my widescreen i guess... my bad!

but yea, I like personally like the TV Channel look of the Wii Menu... but a PSP style menu would be cool too!

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh yeah it is blocky, i took it off my projector in the living room and moved the wii into my bedroom with a shitty old 4:3. Comfortable developing
smile.gif

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3.4 has been out for less than a DAY... there's not even a workaround for it yet!!! let alone, a working ALPHA of cSM... relax... by the time cSM is released, there will probably be a 3.6, or 3.7 update for the Wii!

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
3.4 has been out for less than a DAY... there's not even a workaround for it yet!!! let alone, a working ALPHA of cSM... relax... by the time cSM is released, there will probably be a 3.6, or 3.7 update for the Wii!

I never mentioned an alpha or a release. I asked him has he got around it yet. He clearly has to find a way to before he inevitibly releases it, so I was asking if he already did.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Phratt said:
zidane_genome said:

I never mentioned an alpha or a release. I asked him has he got around it yet. He clearly has to find a way to before he inevitibly releases it, so I was asking if he already did.
He's saying there isn't a working alpha yet of cSM.
So why would he have fixed it already?

Use common sense.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Phratt said:
zidane_genome said:

zidane is right it will be some time before the 3.4 get messed with , till then it will be hard to make any compatibility apps even cSM .

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As far as im aware Fors has done a proof of concept on this with 3.2 and he got things going on his own system only so far - he isnt comfortable enough to release anything to anyone yet as the charces of bricking are still extreemly high and he doesnt want to cause any grief for people.
I think people might be more willing to test after the release of Bootmii and testing and coding will progress rapidly after that.

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay here's an update so far for you guys.

Ive been able to make my patches work in 3.4 successfully. The next order of business is the removal of the unwanted routines the menu performs, and then I can release an installer for a modified 3.4. It will also have some added basic features such as the recovery menu again, no copy flag removed, regionfree, moveable disc channel, etc....basically the first revision of cSM. I won't implement anything crazy etc etc, just some basic stuff.

But right now ive gotta tend to the girl so i'll bbl
Fors

Christen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Forsaekn said:

Ive been able to make my patches work in 3.4 successfully. The next order of business is the removal of the unwanted routines the menu performs, and then I can release an installer for a modified 3.4. It will also have some added basic features such as the recovery menu again, no copy flag removed, regionfree, moveable disc channel, etc....basically the first revision of cSM. I won't implement anything crazy etc etc, just some basic stuff.

Fors

Can't wait to see it.
biggrin.gif

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forsaekn said:

Fors

So I guess I wasn't so stupid for asking after all...

Also Forsaekn, Weren't you going to release it along with Bootmii?

Unless, you have sercret info about Bootmii's release being imminent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol