Hacking cSM Sneak Peek!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beatchu

Trophies
XP
Country
He's working on a patched 3.4 with a cSM... It's not a release, but a pre-release.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorox said:
I know. Hes Gonna wait till bootmii just incase this bricks thine wii. Or was that Softchip.......
SoftChip is a Backup Loader.
You can still test it whenever you want.

It's just not at the point of being a perfect Backup Loader yet. (I think it is.
tongue.gif
)
And BTW, it's probably never going to have graphics or a GUI. Don't ask for them.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Forsaekn....great progress from what you say...This is definately something to be patient for though.. considering the risks taken...

As for someone saying Microsoft scans are stuff illegally? Come on if they did..with out our permissions..
Don't you think some hackers would of already exploited them wide open?! You have to give the software company permission to autoupdate or to scan your system. I just doesn't happen that easy... or I think we would all be in a world of shit. Think about it. Don't you think the pirates that sling out custom Vista and XPs would have seen it by now?! Remember how it always gives you the option to do an update or you opt to let it do it automatically. Read on this if you do not believe me.

As for Nintendo being able to... I doubt that as well... with 3.3 and under... not real sure about 3.4 because I am not naive enough to update it.

The only thing we can do is keep playing the waiting game... And from what I have seen time and time again in the short time I have been on this site... not too many people have that kind of patience.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I havent posted here much , but im keeping track of all this , just wanted to say good job Fors and ill be keeping my eye on this as it goes along to keep myself informed.

gllt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gllt.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Someone ( a dev ) needs to get a fresh clean wii that will do nothing more than receive official updates and then do the best to just dump the NAND without tampering the wii in a way that nintendo could detect it as hacked and ban you

then take said dumped NAND and develop a migraine and/or workaround

someone could donate a wii to a dev

for just uh

twenty dollars a month your a picture of your homeless wii in costa rica will arrive in the mail in 2 to 6 weeks

anyway yeah

yahmegaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forsaekn, is there a way the new cSM can load wii games when first turned on with or without GAMMA? i wanna go straight to playing my games! thanks

mike

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
yahmegaman said:
Forsaekn, is there a way the new cSM can load wii games when first turned on with or without GAMMA? i wanna go straight to playing my games! thanks

mike

Did you ever think to maybe, at least, READ THE FIRST POST IN THE THREAD before asking a question?

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yahmegaman said:

mike
By enabling the Recovery Mode feature (it really would be ignorant not to) if you turn on your wii and hold 'Y' on the GC controller it will boot right into the game.

Here's an update for everyone so far... All patches are working correctly (finally) and I've also unblocked the Twilight Hack (yay!). The last thing to do now is figure out if 3.4 has an automatic update feature in WC24...then I'll release cSM "prelude" for 3.4

Fors

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Forsaekn said:
Here's an update for everyone so far... All patches are working correctly (finally) and I've also unblocked the Twilight Hack (yay!). The last thing to do now is figure out if 3.4 has an automatic update feature in WC24...then I'll release cSM "prelude" for 3.4

Fors
Sounds great you must have been busy
tongue.gif

"unblocked the twilight hack" Do you mean you can do both things, copy to the wii, and launch the boot elf from it?
I think yes, and my face hurts with smiling
biggrin.gif

I think you'll crack WC24 very quickly imho
wink.gif

blakepender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Forsaekn, if you have unlocked the Twilight Hack, and it is possible outside of te cSM, why don't you tell Team Twiizers, they would appriciate the help, and other people which do not want to install a cSM?

Thanks

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Forsaekn, if you have unlocked the Twilight Hack, and it is possible outside of te cSM, why don't you tell Team Twiizers, they would appriciate the help, and other people which do not want to install a cSM?
I'm pretty sure they already know about it, they have "other" exploits that work and "could" work,
they wont release the TP again (3.4 users+) as its too common, and gets Shagged every time Nintendo do an update...

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
Sounds great you must have been busy
tongue.gif

"unblocked the twilight hack" Do you mean you can do both things, copy to the wii, and launch the boot elf from it?
I think yes, and my face hurts with smiling
biggrin.gif

I think you'll crack WC24 very quickly imho
wink.gif

by "unblocked the twilight hack" I mean I can do all things, it isnt checked for upon startup and deleted, it can be copied to the wii, and you can launch it via Twilight Princess (well, that will never be affected, but i suppose i'll make it clear). Total Unblockage.

QUOTE(blakepender @ Nov 21 2008, 05:48 AM) Forsaekn, if you have unlocked the Twilight Hack, and it is possible outside of te cSM, why don't you tell Team Twiizers, they would appriciate the help, and other people which do not want to install a cSM?

Thanks
I would tell them, but I think they were trying to unblock the TP hack without patching the system menu. If im capable of doing it, they are more than qualified to find a way to unblock it (via patching). By saying the twilight hack "is finally dead" on hackmii, I think it means there arent any more exploits in the code to circumvent the check (that they can find anyways). They're moving on to a new game now if im not mistaken.

EDIT: Requiem4d and I agree, neither of us can find any signs of WC24 updating on its own in 3.4's disassembly. Maybe some of you are paranoid? I mean, comon...we've all heard the "omg the wii updated itself" back since 3.1...

To be safe I've also compared the function lists between 3.2 and 3.4 for changes / additions and found no new functions for updating (or that reference the updating functions).

I'll look a bit more, but im beginning to feel like im looking for something that doesnt exist, or exists "yet". The fact that 3.4 was installed on new shipped wii's prior to the EULA change and update being sent to us, im beginning to think the next system menu update will include such code to update without our consent. The fact that legally the EULA was not changed by the time some new wii's were shipped with it, means they were preparing their EULA for next time.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
That makes about the most sense. I mean considering the obvious reasons why they would... but, really I think they would just be spinning their wheels when we have already been known to "workaround" any of the previous updates gathering the pros of the updates... I would love to see the conference meetings at Nintendo headquarters... A chalk board w/ stickmen labeled as well known and obvious threatening coders... some one should make a parody skit of this... it would be funny as hell... it could be the intro video when turning on your Wii after the cSM logo of course...hehe

I feel like we're all on this great expedition to be the evil WiiWitch and all of her little trolls...

So maybe there will be a surprise when I come home from work?! That would be a sweet way to start off my weekend....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm