Status
Not open for further replies.

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, Fors,just a few questions:

1)cSM will come with a backup loader of some sort preinstalled right?

2)Will it have online updates?

3) will the latest IOSes,cIOSes, patches,and stuff come with cSM?

4)If no to any of these, what exactly would it come with?(meaning,Apps, IOSes, CIOSes and things like that)

Beatchu

Trophies
XP
Country
well 1) was already answered whick makes 4) redundant (i think that's the word lol)

Consoles

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Great work and THX for youre development.For me this is CFW for the Wii.So i remember as the first CFW for psp would be released.There was no ISO or DAX Loader or somthing special like CXMB or anything else integraded what marcan whant to have from Forsaeken to call this CFW.
But the whole world call it psp CFW X.XX.

I also do not understood the whole thing about the FW 3.4 or other maybe upcoming hombrew blocking fw´s or a bricked Wii.So we have a recovery menu on the Wii what we are able to access only with a gc controller (FreeSaveMii) and from there we could reinstall a fw from disk or usb.So on.....
Maybe its possible to add a self restoring recovery menu.With the abbility to set the restore for orig. fw,cfw or a whole system restore from a NAND dump stored on a sd card or usb stick ( maybe HDD? )

Is it possible to add HDD support to the cSM?For all the good stuf like vid´s,music,pic´s,hombrew apps/games,VCGames,more channels and of course for games.Is it possible to make a HDD Channel like the Disc Channel for the games?Where we could skip the games with -/+ via pointing the finger on the HDD channel?Or a Menu like the Starlight Game Center have.Is it possible to have a vid on a channel with a preview?

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beatchu said:
well 1) was already answered whick makes 4) redundant (i think that's the word lol)

Stop trying to beat me, beatchu!

Anyways, if it was already answer may you please tell me?

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked before (Which it most likely has,probably by me lmao), but Lets say I have a unmodded 3.4,would it work on it? (since you said you fixed the twlight hack, I'm hoping yes...) meaning, would cSM also mod/hack my wii for?

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The twilight hack would work once cSM is installed, but if you are on 3.4 without a modchip (and didn't already have some homebrew installed, specifically an IOS with the signing bug), at the moment there is no way to get homebrew to work (actually, even if you had a modchip I'm not sure you could get homebrew installed).

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supercool330 said:
The twilight hack would work once cSM is installed, but if you are on 3.4 without a modchip (and didn't already have some homebrew installed, specifically an IOS with the signing bug), at the moment there is no way to get homebrew to work (actually, even if you had a modchip I'm not sure you could get homebrew installed).
With a modchip you can burn the leaked repair disc (or "gayfish" disc) and use Trucha to replace the main.dol with any homebrew dol you want (Personally I replaced it with WadManager). Currently the way im testing my work is through wads (you can install even the system menu through a wad if you didnt know) so if i brick myself or if anything goes wrong (even a bad wad channel for example) I can boot this disc through the recovery menu and either remove the bad wad or replace it with a working one. With a modchip and this disc, you can easily swap the main.dol with the homebrew channel installer, and get homebrew on your wii that way. Its actually much simpler / quicker than using the Twilight Hack, and I really prefer it...which sort of makes me not care if TPhack is unblocked or not in cSM.

Fors

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forsaekn said:
Supercool330 said:
With a modchip you can burn the leaked repair disc (or "gayfish" disc) and use Trucha to replace the main.dol with any homebrew dol you want (Personally I replaced it with WadManager). Currently the way im testing my work is through wads (you can install even the system menu through a wad if you didnt know) so if i brick myself or if anything goes wrong (even a bad wad channel for example) I can boot this disc through the recovery menu and either remove the bad wad or replace it with a working one. With a modchip and this disc, you can easily swap the main.dol with the homebrew channel installer, and get homebrew on your wii that way. Its actually much simpler / quicker than using the Twilight Hack, and I really prefer it...which sort of makes me not care if TPhack is unblocked or not in cSM.

Fors

So My wii would have to be already Homebrew ready?

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Damn that sucks for the n00bs coming to this site under 3.4's hold... unless Twiizer's do hook up with a new game save... Anything is possible to happen... I am grateful to be here when I did... and have met some really cool people so far on this hike/hack.

So are we any closer to a pre-release? Just curious and I think you mentioned before that you had bricked your Wii... Was it recovered easily if someone else were to follow the same procedure? Or we gonna have to be bailed by "piggybacking" with another working Wii....that said, would this be able to be done with some sort of homebrewish cable instead of opening our console?

I am sure you are getting tired of the questions our guru friend... most of us are overwhelmed with what you promote... so I am sure that is understandable as well..

Thanks in advance.

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IronMask said:
Damn that sucks for the n00bs coming to this site under 3.4's hold... unless Twiizer's do hook up with a new game save... Anything is possible to happen... I am grateful to be here when I did... and have met some really cool people so far on this hike/hack.

So are we any closer to a pre-release? Just curious and I think you mentioned before that you had bricked your Wii... Was it recovered easily if someone else were to follow the same procedure? Or we gonna have to be bailed by "piggybacking" with another working Wii....that said, would this be able to be done with some sort of homebrewish cable instead of opening our console?

I am sure you are getting tired of the questions our guru friend... most of us are overwhelmed with what you promote... so I am sure that is understandable as well..

Thanks in advance.
My brick was really a one of a kind situation...I typo'd when finding the offsets for the recovery menu in 3.4 (cursor in the disassembly wasnt in the place I thought it was lol), and ended up making it so it always boot into the recovery menu, and never entered the system menu...kind of a catch 22 when I didnt have a modchip to boot even twilight princess, and at that time I hadnt removed the Diag disc check yet...so i was pretty screwed. Long story short I ended up taking apart my friend's chipped wii and threw his drive in mine, and boot the leaked repair disc (the only disc my recovery menu would accept then) and swapped the dol with wad manager. That disc saved mah wii's life.
smile.gif

The only reason you would brick your wii with cSM is if you're developing new patches (which you guys arent) or fuck up during the installation). All my patches are thoroughly tested prior to implementation, so my wii will brick before any of yours will, promise.

QUOTE(Tichinde925 @ Nov 21 2008, 09:18 PM) With cSM installed, would we still need a modchip, or could we now be able to autoboot trucha signed discs directly during the boot process?
If you are above menu 3.2, run waninkoko's IOS downgrader prior to installing cSM to be able to use trucha signed discs. During the installation of cSM "prelude" its asks if you want to install backup support (install cSM to use cIOS and use the IOSreload fix) or not (install cSM to use regular IOS50). People with modchips won't need the backup support (they have a modchip, duh) so they can install cSM normally.

If you have more questions just wait for the release, and if you do have a question, please read the thread from beginning to end before asking...a lot of these questions have already been answered (and its even more sad if the answer is in my initial post).

Forssss

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3.4 doesn't have any autoupdate code, the EULA was only slightly changed, it said they would be allowed to do autoupdates for quite some while now.
lecture.gif

No idea why now everyone panics
ph34r.gif

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
3.4 doesn't have any autoupdate code, the EULA was only slightly changed, it said they would be allowed to do autoupdates for quite some while now.
lecture.gif

No idea why now everyone panics
ph34r.gif

Yeah I second that, I found no traces of autoupdate code in 3.4

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forsaekn said:
Supercool330 said:

Fors
But, I thought that after system menu 3.2 the trucha bug was removed. How could he boot a trucha signed disc with wadmanager on it if he is already using (normal) system menu 3.4?

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Supercool330 said:
Forsaekn said:
Supercool330 said:

Fors
But, I thought that after system menu 3.2 the trucha bug was removed. How could he boot a trucha signed disc with wadmanager on it if he is already using (normal) system menu 3.4?

because the sign bug is not in the systemmenu.

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember the days when the Wii had automatic updates... back before Opera, when people were hacking the Shop Channel to redirect to Google, and Nintendo automatically updated all online Wiis and stopped Shop Channel redirects. There's your "Wii's can't auto-update"
tongue.gif

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is what I am saying, as of that one update none of the versions of IOS have had the signing bug, so how do you load homebrew (which requires you to run unsigned code)? You have this loop, you have to have the signing bug to run unsigned code, but you need to run unsigned code to install an IOS with the signing bug. I'm curious if there is some way I don't know of to install an IOS with the signing bug without having to run any unsigned code.

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supercool330 said:
That is what I am saying, as of that one update none of the versions of IOS have had the signing bug, so how do you load homebrew (which requires you to run unsigned code)? You have this loop, you have to have the signing bug to run unsigned code, but you need to run unsigned code to install an IOS with the signing bug. I'm curious if there is some way I don't know of to install an IOS with the signing bug without having to run any unsigned code.
afaik, the version of the IOS16 on the Fish Disc has not been updated, and can run the unsigned code. It itself was signed by Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY