Crystal Dynamics is working on a new Tomb Raider game, will be made in Unreal Engine 5

Unreal Engine 5 is here, and that means we're going to see more and more games that utilize it, in the future. One such title is the next Tomb Raider game, developed by Crystal Dynamics. The game's existence was briefly mentioned during Epic Games' State of Unreal keynote, Also teased during the presentation was an upcoming game from The Coalition, known for developing Gears of War's modern entries. Crystal Dynamics has worked on numerous Tomb Raider games in the past--both mainline and spinoff--including 2013's eponymous reboot, Tomb Raider, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, and Rise of the Tomb Raider. The studio's most recent title is Marvel's Avengers, and they are also co-developing the Perfect Dark reboot as well.

Crystal Dynamics is incredibly excited about the future of Unreal and how it will help us take our storytelling to the next level. That's why we're proud to announce that our next #tombraider game is being built on Unreal Engine 5!

:arrow:Source

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Oh great,another NEW Tomb Raider Game.....with new "NEXT GEN" Engine.....yeah....
How many Times have we heard this in Context with this Gameseries...

:bomb:

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Didn't care much for the recent TR reboots. They made Lara such an unlikable character.

I'd love to see the return of the original confident, takes-no-shit, badass Lara from the original games.
I'd have to disagree, I thought the reboot bought the games into the latest generations well, she was supposed to be inexperienced, unsure but confident, and I feel that they didn't do that badly, admittedly it was an Uncharted carbon copy but with a female protagonist but the stories were enjoyable enough.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't care much for the recent TR reboots. They made Lara such an unlikable character.

I'd love to see the return of the original confident, takes-no-shit, badass Lara from the original games.
This so goddamn much.

Not only did I find her unlikable, I found her whole appeal seemingly weaker/more fragile than OG Lara which was way more confident and kick ass. I really hope this new game is about old Lara.

Reactions: shaunj66

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't say I am all that excited, and how thin they are spreading themselves does not inspire too much confidence.

I did actually pick up the first two for PC at a car boot sale the other day. Can't wait to return to it after all these years.

Reactions: shaunj66

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's to hoping they ditch the reboot series and make Lara awesome again, and an actual tomb raider.

Not that I particularly disliked the reboot series. But even if you look at the comments on every Tomb Raider announcement they make, people are still, in 2022, waiting for the series to return to its roots.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I can't lock the old man in the freezer with 4k texture packs and 120hz smoothness it'll be a 0/10 for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzg7Y5Bwk4Q