Status
Not open for further replies.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They probably still haven't got any other games to work so they have nothing to update?

Onto the more fun cart/card debate, I personally see cartridges as being big blocky things like the genesis or N64 games, and cards more slimmer things like a DS games and credit cards and stuff.

Still, I use the two interchangeably when talking about flashcarts.

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
May not be a fake, no one knows until more is released by Crown3Ds. I hope they send some more updates soon because this is slowly going out of interest. Maybe they are trying to package it up with a price so when it's out and gets cloned... they will have made their money. Just like the JailBreak for the PS3
smile.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
d00dleFace said:
i think we will need higher capacity sd cards, depending on the size of the roms. how much space can a 3DS card hold ?
Cards can hold up to 8GB maximum. So far the game which is known to use a 4GB card is MGS3D.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the Crown3DS team is going to sell ALL their progress to one of the major flashcart companies like AceKard or Supercard for a huge sum (maybe 5 million? Probably more) and make more money than they ever could alone, as they're a new, unreputed brand.

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
d00dleFace said:
i think we will need higher capacity sd cards, depending on the size of the roms. how much space can a 3DS card hold ?
Cards can hold up to 8GB maximum. So far the game which is known to use a 4GB card is MGS3D.
no sd cards are being used its re writable memory to hold one game at a time

Critica1

Trophies
Website
www.onehitgamer.com
XP
Country
United States
I proved a lot of good points proving that Crown3DS is real. This is a known hardware attack done to DS systems in the past.

Just a few more things to prove the legitimacy of the video.

0:31 Proves no game is in the 3DS
0:37 Left hand is holding is a custom CPLD. He uses the plastic from a DS cart to fit the CPLD. CPLD uses 17 pins which is how many the DS and 3DS carts use.
0:45 DS cart shell is actually from the old DS game

The next 2.2 minutes of the video is the voodoo magic. We never see how the FPGA board (that big motherboard-looking thing the 3DS connect to) is connected to the computer. A lot of things can be assumed here, but I am not going to get into this very long list of possibilities.

3:06 Shows the scratched CPU to protect the identity of the chip. I guess we have a little Microsoft in all of us.

If Crown3DS has a working solution, then why hasn't this gotten into production? Why does their website say progress is 50%?

Patience! This is only proving that a hardware flaw has been found through the use of external hardware. Now they need to do what Steve Jobs did (no disrespect, rip) and take their product and bite size it for a more refined and professional look. I mean honestly, who here would want to carry that huge delicate piece of equipment? Crown3DS now must create a smaller, compact version of that big FPGA board.

Say, has anyone even done this kind of hardware hack? In fact yes, SuperCard has already already compacted their own processors in their flashcarts. I think SuperCard has a very good chance or replicating what Crown3DS did and might have products out before even Crown3DS gets a production line.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Critica1 said:
I proved a lot of good points proving that that Crown3DS is real. This is a known hardware attack done to DS systems in the past.

Just a few more things to prove the legitimacy of the video.

0:31 Proves no game is in the 3DS
0:37 Left hand is holding is a custom CPLD. He uses the plastic from a DS cart to fit the CPLD. CPLD uses 17 pins which is how many the DS and 3DS carts use.
0:45 DS cart shell is actually from the old DS game

The next 2.2 minutes of the video is the voodoo magic. We never see how the FPGA board (that big motherboard-looking thing the 3DS connect to) is connected to the computer. A lot of things can be assumed here, but I am not going to get into this very long list of possibilities.

3:06 Shows the scratched CPU to protect the identity of the chip. I guess we have a little Microsoft in all of us.

If Crown3DS has a working solution, then why hasn't this gotten into production? Why does their website say progress is 50%?

Patience! This is only proving that a hardware flaw has been found through the use of external hardware. Now they need to do what Steve Jobs did (no disrespect, rip) and take their product and bite size it for a more refined and professional look. I mean honestly, who here would want to carry that huge of delicate piece of equipment? Crown3DS now must create a smaller, compact version of that big FPGA board.

Say, has anyone even done this kind of hardware hack? In fact yes, SuperCard has already already compacted their own processors in their flashcarts. I think SuperCard has a very good chance or replicating what Crown3DS did and might have products out before even Crown3DS gets a production line.
I think the reason they still haven't made any more progress (according to their site) is because they're having a hard time managing to make it comact enough.
We may end up with an Action Replay looking device.

g2n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still think it's fake. There's no menu. It just looks like the original game with a bunch of fake shit attached.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
g2n said:
I still think it's fake. There's no menu. It just looks like the original game with a bunch of fake shit attached.
This isn't an R4 or something like that.
You know how you flash a Supercard to make it work on a newer version and stuff?
Well with this you flash a whole game onto it and it acts entirely as a legit copy of that game.
You can only have 1 game on it at a time.
That "fake shit" is legit.

SDODC13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FireGrey Also isnt that how they used to have flash cards IE the whole reason why they are even called that >.< Either way I got used to doing this a long time ago with GBA.

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
g2n said:

It makes me laugh every time I see this comment as the "reason" why this Crown3DS is "fake". Clearly these people haven't experienced the old GBA style of flashcarts. Next thing they'll be saying is "It's fake cause it doesn't play CLEAN roms!" lol

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiro_x2 said:
Kids these days,

They have no clue how easy they have it
tongue.gif
(Funny how every generation says that about the next)

Lol yes very true. I remeber having to wait 30mins to fill my gba card , which was only about 10 games.
Also the cart had a usb port lol.
Its just the way of tech. Everything gets faster and smaller in the furture. Anyone remember or have a tv that the screen isnt flat
tongue.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
xile6 said:
Hiro_x2 said:
Kids these days,

They have no clue how easy they have it
tongue.gif
(Funny how every generation says that about the next)

Lol yes very true. I remeber having to wait 30mins to fill my gba card , which was only about 10 games.
Also the cart had a usb port lol.

How much easier my life would have been if my GBC card had a USB port
nyanya.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwGjhwPEik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YwkAWg0_g
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Wow I can't believe I've been watching ElectroBOOM for that long. I remember when that first video came out lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sicklyboy, i think wire chargers are more practical
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but im too stupid to know
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wired is better for faster charge but if you just leave it all night while you sleep it's good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most wireless pads can only max 15w while average bricks are 65w
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i heard it isnt good
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz it overcharges
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: cuz it overcharges