OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cross Treasures Open Translation

4513.jpg

QUOTE said:
Cross Treasures is a cute adventure RPG where you create your very own world and your player character. You are to save a princess from the dungeons under the king's command, how you go about it and what weapons you use are completely up to you.

Since every player creates a different world, no Cross Treasurer Worlds are the same, adventure in your friend's world and assist them in their quest and ask them to return the favour.
Wiki Translation Site
QUOTE said:
- We are always looking for translators!

Most recent xdelta patch (29/12/09)

Notes:
  • There is no support given, use at your own risk.
  • Xdelta expects a clean (not AP patched) NDS file.
  • There is no fixed patch release schedule.

Xdelta website.
    Command Line example for building the file from the xdelta patch:
    CODExdelta.exe -d -s 2ch-ct.nds 2ch-ct.xdelta 2ch-ct_EN.nds
Pictures:

fetch.php
fetch.php

fetch.php
fetch.php

What's included:
  • All character names
  • All jobs and classes, weaknesses and status effects
  • Most of the class-sensitive attacks
  • Context sensitive "hint bubble" during gameplay
  • Pretty much all of the the main menu hint and error text
  • Some minor, temporary graphic edits
  • Most item names and/or descriptions
  • Most equipment names and/or descriptions
  • Some script - around 9% done - let us know if you see text too large for the textbox.
  • All untranslated items lose their names and become "???" - Sorry about that
  • Untranslated scripts start with a evXXXXXXX.txt line - let us know what these values are so we can figure out what each of the script files are assigned to.
  • I'm unsure if item translation worked without flaws - let us know if you see untranslated items or garbled descriptions.
And a big thank you to all the translators that have been working on this so far.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Check your wiki, I've already translated the first 4 .txt files. However, it would be a good idea to insert my translations and see if they fit. Since I didn't really have a context, some of my translations might be wrong. Insert them and see though.

takashio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DarthNemesis said:
takashio said:
All text is in hiragana and katakana so this is pretty accessible
Quite the contrary, a lack of kanji can make lines ambiguous and harder to parse.
Erm, you're right. I was thinking more in complexity of the terms used and so on. Also I always had horrible memory for Kanji.

QUOTE(WataruKun @ Dec 6 2009, 02:18 AM)
Check your wiki, I've already translated the first 4 .txt files. However, it would be a good idea to insert my translations and see if they fit. Since I didn't really have a context, some of my translations might be wrong. Insert them and see though.
Wow, great! I'll get around to repack the ROM tonight and testing it.

takashio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yizhigou said:
is this going to be a full translation or just the battle script and the menu only?
I'm aiming for something close to a full translation. It's hard to tell so early in the process.

takashio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun said:

The translations worked (almost) perfectly, especially after DarthNemesis corrections - you can see the resulting screenshots in the wiki.

I also wrote some tools to extract text from the binaries - so now I have extracted over 400 items and descriptions, not to mention the script from the first event.
In relation to the menu - other than Crystal Tile, are there any other recommended programs for graphic editing on DS assets?

Kishire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. Just wanna wish you good luck with the translation. By the way, exactly what type of game is this? I wanted to see more gameplay but only found very little of it. Is it a Action RPG? Looks kinda fun.

phanboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kishire said:
Nice. Just wanna wish you good luck with the translation. By the way, exactly what type of game is this? I wanted to see more gameplay but only found very little of it. Is it a Action RPG? Looks kinda fun.

its like wow and ragnarok combined

takashio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The common term for this sort of game is a dungeon crawler or Diablo-like. This one has some additional customization features and a build-your-dungeon mode.

takashio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
Haha, the lack of Kanji makes the item descriptions sort of difficult to translate.Notice that many item descriptions are individual paragraphs/sentences, but that the wiki formatting doesn't reflect that.
For example, if you click the edit button you'll see that the first item is:

Code:
????????????????
???????????????

What translates to:

CODELife Recovery Drink.
Slightly sweet and easy (to drink).

Do you have any specific doubts?

paranoid09

Trophies
XP
Country
hi takashio.. i've been wanting this game since i first saw it.. it would be fun if someone translates it in english.. i'm one of those who can't barely wait to try your translation patch when its done.. keep up the good work guys!

Reactions: KoalaBoy

takashio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I've figured out most of the graphic formats used (as I expected, all pretty standard stuff), so I'll be working on translating the graphic bits of the user interface next.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
paranoid09 said:
woohoo.. this would be a nice christmas gift for us.. hoho

Please don't make this translation turn into one of 'those' translations. Especially since it's generally expectations like that, that ruins projects such as these.
frown.gif

Reactions: KoalaBoy

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yay! People are starting to listen to my ideas here. More open translations = more Japanese games translated at a faster pace!
smile.gif

I don't know how I can contribute, but if by some chance I can contribute I will.

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for working in this translation, just played the game, seems like a really good one.

I'll use a cheat to get every item, so I can be more accurate translating those.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Item b7 on down are all life drink ><
I know this is an open translation, but are you guys dividing the work in any way? I'd hate to spend an afternoon on this only to find two other people were doing so as well.

connor_walsh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
donelwero said:
Thanks for working in this translation, just played the game, seems like a really good one.

I'll use a cheat to get every item, so I can be more accurate translating those.
tell me if there are any items missing from my cheat and ill fix it (would help in the project if i knew japanese
biggrin.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference