Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job guys! really glad this is going somewhere
smile.gif

@ZZGear:
No offense but...if your not quite confidence in your japanese, maybe you shouldn't help out, just saying cuz we wouldn't want to make the translation harder or fill with errors. (unless you meant someting about hacking, then nvm)

renton56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey mind tellin us non tech savvy people how to patch this/ use the translation patch. i personally dont know how to use that xdelta file

paranoid09

Trophies
XP
Country
all will be explained when the patch is done.. right now they just need help in translating other stuffs in the game that is why takashio released the unfinished patch.. a little patience will be rewarded.. sorry for the long wait guys but making a 100% translation patch cannot be made overnight..

takashio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just giving a heads up because I had the flu and real life got in the way of working on this. So I provably won't release the typical progress patch tomorrow since I need to debug the tool that inserts the equipment text back into the file, and that means I'll only make any serious updates until after Christmas.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheGreatNeko said:
What's the progress on this translation so far?

So far all of the item names and nearly all the equipment names have been translated. A bit of dialogue has been translated, but there's still a bit more to do to have a fully playable patch. Like takashio was saying, it's not so much the translating that's the problem, but the actual hacking which he's doing all himself.

TheGreatNeko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS1 said:
TheGreatNeko said:
What's the progress on this translation so far?

So far all of the item names and nearly all the equipment names have been translated. A bit of dialogue has been translated, but there's still a bit more to do to have a fully playable patch. Like takashio was saying, it's not so much the translating that's the problem, but the actual hacking which he's doing all himself.

Alright thanks for the details.

connor_walsh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DS1 said:
Equipment is not a problem because there is an all-items code already. The problem is that you have to be a certain level to use different equipment.

The most useful codes would either be 'max level', 'all medallions', or 'all/max skills'. Invincibility would be nice too.

edit: Now I have another problem, I think using the all items cheat has made it impossible for me to finish the game. I would explain the problem, but it would include huge spoilers.. I guess I'll have to wait until those ending scripts become available hahah.
if you want me 2 make those codes for you i will just provide a .sav plz (i made all items code so max skills shouldnt be a problem)

pralaya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everyone, I'm very happy that this game's going to be translated! I got very addicted to it since it's an awesome game, I just got very pissed because Square Enix just didnt care, the marketing was so poor that, as far as I know, the game sold less then 10.000 copies! That's why they, maybe, wont bring this to USA...poor Syn Sophia and Poor Cross Treasure!
But well, I dont know if this is of much help but:

??? ? ????
This link : a japanese website were people post guides and passwords for games (pretty much a japanese gamefaq or gamespot), those are passwords for the "??? ? ????" (himitsu no jumon) option, you can earn gold, tickets and materials for crafting, and other itens using this! I dont know if you guys plans to translate these, since some passwords use both katakana, hiragana and romaji, and that would be probably troubling, but I hope this is useful for anyone else looking for the passwords!

Database
This is a japanese "wiki" I found out. It has a Useful database and maybe some useful stuff...

I know that I didnt helped that much, but I'm trying! I would like to help with anything I can! Even if I can't use this translation (I use a patched rom for R4...) it'll probably be usefull for a lot of players and maybe the game become more popular, that would be great! Thank you guys
smile.gif

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
connor_walsh said:
DS1 said:
Equipment is not a problem because there is an all-items code already. The problem is that you have to be a certain level to use different equipment.

The most useful codes would either be 'max level', 'all medallions', or 'all/max skills'. Invincibility would be nice too.

edit: Now I have another problem, I think using the all items cheat has made it impossible for me to finish the game. I would explain the problem, but it would include huge spoilers.. I guess I'll have to wait until those ending scripts become available hahah.
if you want me 2 make those codes for you i will just provide a .sav plz (i made all items code so max skills shouldnt be a problem)

I actually found the codes I needed, but thanks. Everything is going OK for now on the translation side.

connor_walsh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DS1 said:
connor_walsh said:
DS1 said:

I actually found the codes I needed, but thanks. Everything is going OK for now on the translation side.
just wondering were did you find the codes ?
biggrin.gif

takashio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've updated the post with a new patch that covers pretty much all equipment names! What amazing work went on while I was away. I'll try and make available more script text next.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Right now none of your translation actually lets us know the storyline, does it?

If not, then your translation of this game is not for me, and I will not be downloading any translations by you.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like they are translating script, but they want a menu patch out the door first, in order to please the impatient crowd, who will play the game with just English menus and an FAQ. You have to give people time to get a full 100% complete translation out the door, and this project was only started just this month. EVERY other complete (or even nearly complete) translation on this board was the product of six months (or more) of effort. Give them time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...