ROM Hack Cross Treasures Open Translation

takashio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I do mention that only the first 413 entries are used, that are 0xff + 0xb7 entries.

If you want to make sure nobody is working on something, I guess you could add a notice that you were working on the file. Since most files either have very little text (always below 10Kb, and around 2Kb in average), or are a sequence of unrelated paragraphs/terms, I didn't saw that as a issue.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
takashio said:
I do mention that only the first 413 entries are used, that are 0xff + 0xb7 entries.

If you want to make sure nobody is working on something, I guess you could add a notice that you were working on the file. Since most files either have very little text (always below 10Kb, and around 2Kb in average), or are a sequence of unrelated paragraphs/terms, I didn't saw that as a issue.

Oh I didn't see that, thanks. And yeah, good point, they are pretty short.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to make sure everyone knows, item names can only be 12 characters long (as I understand it).

When editing the wiki, this would count as 10 characters:
| hand and o |
| 0123 567 9 |

The spaces to the right of the first bracket and left of the last don't count against you.

Be careful to keep them within range the first time so you don't have to go back and edit them!

takashio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks DS1 for noticing! And for moving along with the descriptions.

I placed a patch based on all the work developed this week on the first page of this topic.
I wouldn't call it usable yet, but might as well see all our effort put to good use, no?
smile.gif

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
donelwero said:
Thanks for your work Takashio, I'll try to keep translating even if I cant do that much.

offtopic: Wow, you have time for this project but have not had time for the last 4 months for the ToH project that you're supposed to be "second-in-command" of? Nice.

ontopic: Good job on the project so far, takashio.

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Cause I'm busy, a lot. If I can spend 5 mins translating simlpe sentences I will, cause i like the game and am waiting to see this fully translated.

Sorry everyone for the offtopic. Boss got mad lol

Kishire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow , awesome. After seeing more gameplay of the games, I really want to play it now. It somehow reminded me of Maple Story, considering that you can change classes & such, I totally love stuff like that. Plus, its a action-rpg, one of my favorite genes.

So just wanted to wish you guys best of luck again!
Keep it up.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have that first script (ev80000) done in a separate file. It's a pain to copy it over so I only added a few lines for now. Tell me if there's a special format (character restriction?), or I can just do it and wait for someone else to edit it.

takashio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just create a page and paste it somewhere, like here. I'll do most of the monkey work.

There is no character restriction, other than a three character line maximum per *[number] section.

Festung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does anyone have an idea whats the last point in the main menu?
I could translate:

Continue (?????)
Option (?????)
himitsu (secret?) no jiyumon (????????)

what does jiyumon mean?

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Festung said:
I could translate:

Continue (?????)
Option (?????)

what does jiyumon mean?

The ? should be little, so it's jyuumon (spell, as in magic spell), or I guess in this case 'magic word'. As far as I can tell, you get them from beating quests on multiplayer.
edit: The japanese guide site says that if you actually bought the game you get a sticker with it. The sticker has one of the 'magic words' (codes) written on it. It gives you 2 secret tickets, which make some powerful weapons fairly early in the game.

Oh, and if anyone has a completed save file, or knows of some useful codes (the codes in the master list don't exactly help me), that would be helpful for the translation.

Festung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks!
I will try to help atleast a bit with the translation, which should also help me to proceed learning more japanese
laugh.gif

connor_walsh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DS1 said:
Festung said:
I could translate:

Continue (?????)
Option (?????)

what does jiyumon mean?

The ? should be little, so it's jyuumon (spell, as in magic spell), or I guess in this case 'magic word'. As far as I can tell, you get them from beating quests on multiplayer.
edit: The japanese guide site says that if you actually bought the game you get a sticker with it. The sticker has one of the 'magic words' (codes) written on it. It gives you 2 secret tickets, which make some powerful weapons fairly early in the game.

Oh, and if anyone has a completed save file, or knows of some useful codes (the codes in the master list don't exactly help me), that would be helpful for the translation.
wat codes do u need I could make u some AR codes if u want all weapons code i will need a decent .sav near wer u can
buy/get weapons
biggrin.gif

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Equipment is not a problem because there is an all-items code already. The problem is that you have to be a certain level to use different equipment.

The most useful codes would either be 'max level', 'all medallions', or 'all/max skills'. Invincibility would be nice too.

edit: Now I have another problem, I think using the all items cheat has made it impossible for me to finish the game. I would explain the problem, but it would include huge spoilers.. I guess I'll have to wait until those ending scripts become available hahah.

takashio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Patch updated! Check the first post.

This one is a bit of a "help us figure out things" release - I need people to check what parts of the script correspond to each character and event. So every time you see a untranslated text entry, it will have "evXXXXXX.txt" appended.

EDIT : Also, I just uncovered a really gigantic amount of equipment descriptions and names - 1101, to be precise. So yes, we need more translators.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1