Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game and translation make me wish I could help. Sadly, I can't
cry.gif

So all I can say is thanks for doing this.

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Just joined in with this - I've translated a few missing parts in files, although I'm wanting verification as to whether these were left intentionally as targets for scripts etc. I left a few of the script guides in (translated) to assist with anyone wishing to colloquialise etc. Had to be pretty loose with a couple of translations though to keep it within the character limit (if we had someone modifying things to enable longer text it would be nice, but anyway) but it seems to keep within the feel of things. incidentally, no I dont use google translate (stupid blaspheming homogeny of dictionary entries). I'm currently studying towards a major in japanese, so I translate everything with my head (and occasionally a kanji dictionary)

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Well I'm not too sure to be honest, there is a lot of stuff not done there, however it is up to date with the first post here (with how 90% of the dialogue isnt done etc etc) so my guess is that it is. A lot of work still needs to be done (if this is to be a complete translation) but its definitely getting there.

takashio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, I went missing for a while. I had computer trouble (culminating in me getting a new one), and then job suddenly piled up. I'm still busy, but I'm feeling guilty of dropping this, so I'll start adding all the changes done and packing a proper ROM.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bumping this....really want to see that updated translation
tongue.gif

Such a great game. Dunno why Squeenix has such bad judgment when considering what games to translate for us. I'd take this over Final fantasy: CC any day.

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I could help. I'm trying to learn some simple Japanese. Maybe I'll be able to do something useful.

jophi

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i'm new in GBATEMP, this translation is ready? this translation have the patch to the bed problem? i want the patch for this game because all links that i encountered are broken or down. I liked this game and i want to play with my young brother and we can't save the game when our character sleep and never stand up, someone can help me? upload the patch or anything?
yaynds.gif
i have one R4 and i can't buy other flashcart. Thanks and sorry by my bad english.
laugh.gif

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
webyugioh said:
I did some work on ev100003.txtfile

Sorry if my translating skills are not that great.
I'll try to work more on it again when I have time again.

Not to discourage you, but I translated the whole thing a while back in the plaintext version (link is at the top of the page)
http://www.low-end.net/trwiki/doku.php?id=ev100003_plaintext

If you do any more work, you might want to check all the plaintext versions to make sure it hasn't been done already. The guy doing the editing said it would be easier to format that way. Or you can edit stuff, I never proofread it.

(I haven't had time to work on it in a while, so your help is appreciated)

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
i hope you guys get to finish most of this... i'm really enjoying this game quite a lot, and i know there are tons of others out there too. there's just not too many topnotch dungeon crawlers out there.

EDIT: I've decided to lend some help, however little i may have to offer. I can read and write on both kanas, but at a complete loss when it comes to understanding (except for some really basic stuff). I can do text cleanups of those already translated though, so I think I could be of some use there. I already registered at the wiki, and have started to compile notes as I play along (using the latest patch, 29/12/09). I hope the translation picks up soon.
smile.gif

EDIT2: I've noticed that some of the translations doesn't exactly fit the character limits... like on title_continue.txt, it says the character limit is 18chars, but clearly the translation goes over this (seems for the most part, they are translated quite literally). I'm not sure if I should edit those, but if you can give me a heads-up on staying within character limits, I'll go over them as soon as I can. I have started to make alternatives that fit the character limits though, ones that aren't necessarily literal (most of them just say what exactly that option does).

EDIT3: It seems the wiki isn't updated... there's a huge chunk of the king's starting dialogue in the patch that isn't in the wiki. so much for trying, i guess... that won't be much help. :/

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
ferofax said:
i hope you guys get to finish most of this... i'm really enjoying this game quite a lot, and i know there are tons of others out there too. there's just not too many topnotch dungeon crawlers out there.

EDIT: I've decided to lend some help, however little i may have to offer. I can read and write on both kanas, but at a complete loss when it comes to understanding (except for some really basic stuff). I can do text cleanups of those already translated though, so I think I could be of some use there. I already registered at the wiki, and have started to compile notes as I play along (using the latest patch, 29/12/09). I hope the translation picks up soon.
smile.gif

EDIT2: I've noticed that some of the translations doesn't exactly fit the character limits... like on title_continue.txt, it says the character limit is 18chars, but clearly the translation goes over this (seems for the most part, they are translated quite literally). I'm not sure if I should edit those, but if you can give me a heads-up on staying within character limits, I'll go over them as soon as I can. I have started to make alternatives that fit the character limits though, ones that aren't necessarily literal (most of them just say what exactly that option does).

EDIT3: It seems the wiki isn't updated... there's a huge chunk of the king's starting dialogue in the patch that isn't in the wiki. so much for trying, i guess... that won't be much help. :/

the 18 character limit is referring to the japanese characters. english tends to take up less space, so the limit will usually be higher than with japanese. I know personally, I had originally expected a limit of around 20-24 for the keroro translation I'm working on in the item descriptions, but then when we put the descriptions ingame, I found I actually had room for around 60 characters.

As far as this project goes though, you might want to pm the owner or whatever, since the wiki is largely out of date from what I could tell when I looked at it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Purple_Heart was a SSD worth it? Did it make a significant diference?\