Cricket on DS!

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by VISHI SO FISHI, Jul 6, 2008.

Jul 6, 2008

Cricket on DS! by VISHI SO FISHI at 2:08 AM (4,028 Views / 0 Likes) 45 replies

1. VISHI SO FISHI
    OP

Member VISHI SO FISHI Cricket My love!

India
    hey,

i was jst wondering isnt it surprising that EA games has not mad a cricket game on ds yet neither has any other company! ..I think it would be a GR8 success ,don't u guys think so , if you a are a cricket fan overtly ..Does anyone have news about cricket on ds?
    [​IMG]
    cant w8 for the day when cricket comes out on the ds!

2. DjFIL

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    yeah, i've also posted on codemaster's forums with suggestions for a Shane Warne/Brian Lara DS Cricket game. bat control on the touch screen could be interesting. and for the wii, we want cricket too. big beach sports' beach cricket was a nice start as a simple mini game style, but we want a full blown cricket game on wii.

3. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    Cant really see it selling tho...I mean the ds is targetted at the younger generation where as cricket is targetted at really old boring people. I cant really see kids sitting down having a cup of tea and hitting a few for 6.

4. VISHI SO FISHI
    OP

India
    lol jaxxter no cricket is not for the old people lol... and i fu say cricket is for old people then , i could jst say soccer is too.. that jst dosent make sense cause even a kid and adult can play any sport...!

and yep i dont even mind playing beach cric on ds...

the only way to play cric on your ds ia from the 2 emulators..if u want more info abt this jst pst coment..

5. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    Sorry, was just trying to say its not as popular between the youths as much as it is with the older generations. Plus its a fking boring sport to watch.

6. cutterjohn

Member cutterjohn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Sound like baseball then. Actually I've never ever seen cricket played as not even the Canadians seem to play, and if they do it's not even on CBC ever, and CBC actually show curling... *shudder*

7. VISHI SO FISHI
    OP

India
    its jst tht u guys are in another part of the world and u dont know mch abt cricket [​IMG] as we downt know abt baseball etc..lol

8. DjFIL

Canada
    Canada does have Cricket... we've even had national teams multiple times in the ICC World Cup. But... it is never freely broadcasted on TV. It's found on premium channels (an all cricket channel is available in select regions) and on pay-per-view basis for some of the bigger events (ie. world cup). I used to play cricket locally too (can't currently due to work schedule conflicts)... we have a 8 team league here on Vancouver Island. Not to profile, but I was the only born-Canadian, Caucasian, Young (25 now, started playing at 21) cricket player on the team... majority of players are familes who immigrated from East Asia (india, pakistan, sri lanka), South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and United Kingdom. Because it is still a small following (even compared to Curling, which has all the old people crazy for that sport), it's not seen or heard of very much. But that doesn't mean there isn't people who'd love to see a cricket game, like me. Lastly, I've seen quite a few posts on forums of BLIC and EA's Cricket games who are wanting to be able to play it on their NTSC Consoles, but they're always region locked to PAL.

9. VISHI SO FISHI
    OP

India
    hey do u guys think , a good programer good make a nice cricket 3d game?...andi might end EA a email abt this and ask them if they have any plans to even make 1..? [​IMG]

10. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I reckon a Cricket game could do well, especially over in Britain where Nintendo is currently running adverts aimed at people aged 21-65.

I'd doubt EA would listen, the only company that I've ever heard of listening to gamers was Capcom. If you do email EA makes sure you're grammar and stuff is better than what it is here, otherwise they'll just assumed that you're like some 8 year old.

No offence.

11. Curley5959

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    so true but I have always wondered why there hasn't been a big cricket release yet... Like stick cricket ds.. That would be cool [​IMG]

12. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    true ... maybe a homebrew version is in order

13. akuchan

Member akuchan GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Im more surprised (or disappointed) there isnt a cricket game for the wii... but that's coz i live in australia, and we're like.. the champs =P

14. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

A cricket game would be interesting I think [​IMG]

15. silverspoon

Member silverspoon GBAtemp Fan

16. .::5pYd3r::.

Member .::5pYd3r::. Viva La Pizza

Australia
    Cricket is really very popular among youths in Australia and would most probably be one of the top selling games if released here.

17. VISHI SO FISHI
    OP

India
    do think if i get loads og people to sign a petition for cricket ds on many websites and then send EA a cope of the sigs on the internet ,they might think abt it?

18. DjFIL

Canada
    there's lots of great posabilities for a cricket game on DS. touch screen batting could be based on a pull and release technique (see: http://www.flashgamesbank.com/flash_games/...p_cricket.html) or a real time draw from center and sweep out (top down view on bottom screen, real 3d view on top screen, stay centered for defensive shot, short line for just redirection of shot, long line for full swing, hold shoulder button to slog it, d-pad to move around batsmen). and bowling could have lots of posabilities to make a good touch screen, intuitive, bowling system. and touch screen would make field placement super easy. i wish i had programer skills, i can do 2d graphics, and have tinkered with some 3d work. ah, the dreaming begins. i still hope codemasters took my post seriously on their forum to see Brian Lara Cricket on DS... it was ported to PSP.

19. cutterjohn

Member cutterjohn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Wouldn't count on it, as the Japanese are baseball nuts and even they haven't really made any halfway decent baseball games.

Cricket in Canada: May as well not be played then, as if it doesn't make it onto CBC it's not really worth bothering with although I don't believe that CBC shows MLB baseball either, just NHL, Canadian Football, and *shudder* curling (bad Sunday morning memories, but better than TV con-art... er... evangelists, I suppose...). Even local curling clubs are quite evident, along with baseball, football, and hockey at least in SE Ontario...

20. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    F'ing AGREED. If you're on a forum, post like you know some goddamn English.