Tutorial Creating a 3ds custom theme from scratch with YATA+ v1.1

Would you like a some videos on how to make themes ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

missinsummer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have my BGM as mp3 originally, how do i make it into CWAV? by making it into WAV first?

I got error says
upload_2015-11-8_2-24-9.png

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i have my BGM as mp3 originally, how do i make it into CWAV? by making it into WAV first?

I got error says View attachment 29319
Do you want to create a BGM (background music, in the BCSTM format) or a CWAV (sound effect for the menu, like when launching a game) ?
Anyways yes, you must convert it to WAV before, then drag it into YATA+

Reactions: missinsummer

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
there are any pattern for the folder icons ? I'm a bit lost how to make them
well I got some from a theme msyelf :B if someone have the same problem, here folders as example
Folder Closed.png
Folder Open.png

Credits for who made the theme o3o)/

on nice just saw now that the program dah EXAMPLES x3x I'm so smarth xp

Last edited by Sliter,

djboblob76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone please at least hint me to where i might find the nintendo sdk so i can make sfx? google hasnt been very helpful with these things

D

Deleted User

can someone please at least hint me to where i might find the nintendo sdk so i can make sfx? google hasnt been very helpful with these things
IIRC Googling "3DS SDK 2.3.4" gave me a couple of download links.
I also don't think you need the SDK to make SFX?

Reactions: djboblob76

djboblob76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks man. Apparently you do need the crtwaveconverter32.exe in yata+ to do it but I'd like to make some 3ds games anyways

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yep, that did it. You the man, thanks ;)

Reactions: Deleted User

Spagem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been able to make sound effects using CWAVs with no problem before, but for the current theme I'm making, it just doesn't work. The default sound effects are played instead. (And yes, I've enabled the use of SFX)

If anyone has any idea what might be going on, it would be appreciated if you could tell me.

missinsummer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
any tip on finding ctr wav converter 32........from the nintendo page..becoming a developer just for this purpose is kinda overkill and too complex.....

Spagem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any tip on finding ctr wav converter 32........from the nintendo page..becoming a developer just for this purpose is kinda overkill and too complex.....
From the Nintendo page...? Pretty sure Nintendo doesn't have it up on their website if that' what you're thinking.

Anyway, PM.

missinsummer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have successfully made 5 or 6 themes (bgm+background, no sfx yet) from this tutorial. excellent!]

now i came accross this mp3 file, that i just unable to convert to bcstm or have it previewed successfully in YATA+ (the BRSTM file preview is fine, ijust foolbar2000 to listen to it, once i convert it to BCSTM, the only way to listen to it is using YATA+ i guess?) anyway, please help me

https://mega.nz/#!Lkg3VQwK!ug9l8oF9dMlTRStM33FAk9Gtka0ZUqh1lAXcUAKxLsU this is my song in wave already, i think it is 32000bitrate already as well

solved!!!!

always use duel-channel!!!(stereo!) do not use mono.........i thought 3DS is so crab that mono should be fine while i can have my song longer by saving some size....but i was not able to convert my wave to brstm at all.......

Last edited by missinsummer,

missinsummer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
upload_2016-1-11_17-48-13.png
when i trying to convert wave to cwave i got this, i now i have SDK installed, but they just wont work? am i missing some network frame???

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
View attachment 35087when i trying to convert wave to cwave i got this, i now i have SDK installed, but they just wont work? am i missing some network frame???
I don't know, do you have every dll needed to the converter in the yata folder ? If you have them your converter may be corrupted, try to redownload it

missinsummer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
upload_2016-1-11_20-22-44.png
upload_2016-1-11_20-22-54.png
i have 2 yata, the second one is localized into chinese both has SDK installed ( i just moved SDK into root folder with yata...)

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
View attachment 35091View attachment 35092i have 2 yata, the second one is localized into chinese both has SDK installed ( i just moved SDK into root folder with yata...)
in the first image you have every thing needed, in the second image you need every dll from the first folder, if it still doesn't work, try to convert some wavs to cwavs from the cmd

also in the first screenshot you have the whole source code of YATA, you don't need that

Last edited by exelix11,

missinsummer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have no idea about coding or dll or file structure stuff, i just put everything there xDDDD

i am so noob when i dont have a user-friendly GUI to work with.....how do i do the cmd thing?.....well.. how do i even install the ctr_WaveConverter32.exe? double click? lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and also i double checked network frame 4.5 i did have it installed (using win10, when installing 4.5 it says that it is already part of the system)

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you don't need to install ctr_WaveConverter32 it's just an executable, you put it in a folder with it's required files (the dlls) and it works.
if you don't know how to use the cmd just try with yata to convert another wav (from the yata of the first screenshot), keep in mind that the cwavs are meant to be used as sfx so use sounds of max 3 seconds, you can also try to enable or disable the auto optimization in the yata settings and check if that helps

missinsummer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
disable the auto optimization works like a charm!!!!!!!!

came across that setting when i didn't have that SDK, so i didn't even bothering read it!!!
now i have the SDK, and the author is on my side, i feel the energy !!!!!!!!!!

i use adobe audition to edit wave, and it is really short duration like half a sec, should be fine there.!!

PS: for wave file that is going to be sfx, make it 24000hz insample rate.
i made one with 32000hz, rip my ear.

Last edited by missinsummer,

missinsummer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok here is another problem: when i assign cwave to specific action sfx
upload_2016-1-11_23-5-39.png
, seems like "open 3DS" is not working.

i assigned my cwave to "open 3ds", however, after installed my theme on 3ds, when i open the lid, nothing happens, when i scroll button screen, the sfx gets played. o.0

i already double check twich, anyone?

Attachments

• change extension to bcwav .zip
    45.3 KB · Views: 375

HQontherocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having some issues with converting Wav to bcstm/brstm and this keeps popping up or it will stop working and close out the converter. What do? I don't wanna seem dumb, I never usually ask but.. yeah so any answers?

9xdJtyk.png

D

Deleted User

Im having some issues with converting Wav to bcstm/brstm and this keeps popping up or it will stop working and close out the converter. What do? I don't wanna seem dumb, I never usually ask but.. yeah so any answers?
-snip-
YATA PLUS' BCSTM/BRSTM converter seems to be kinda hit and miss for some people. Maybe try using something else for audio conversion?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo