Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Now public beta on my blog as version 0.5b,

http://wiicrazy.tepetaklak.com

A brief demo of the upcoming CrazyIntro V0.4, new features are

1. Custom intro/picture/outro effects for the picture, depicted ones in the video are fadein, rotation, alternate lines for each effect respectively

2. You can have mod music instead of mp3 or stick with mp3

3. A default intro will always be played if you don't have your sd card in your wii

4. A custom press blah blah image with fade in fade out usable with certain effects

5. Press blah blah image and the boot image can be placed anywhere on the screen

6. No more default names for the images and music, all customizable in the config file. Everything nicely packed in a folder named crazyintro

This version uses GRRLIB 4.0, hence the effects, so my huge thanks goes to them!

I'm always open to suggestions for the default intro...
the current one I did with paint because I was too lazy to install gimp or photoshop... The cheesy mod music there is a very well known zak
named elysium composed by jesper of sanity. I may need to change it when I distribute the app since I can't contact the composer for permission.

This sounds like as if I released the program but I really need a nice looking default intro before I rush this to release.

And here is an example configuration file for you to see which effects are there...

CODE

ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ

ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
AWESOME!!!
grog.gif
Can't wait for the release, this is awesome!!! Keep it going!!!
biggrin.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
At first I thought I could make it possible to inject image and sound later into the wii application with a windows tool later... but now that idea doesn't seem quite good to me, since what size of music and picture will be in the application is totally unknown... Instead I'll try to make a default intro that most of us can agree upon... at least for now...

But of course you can inject your own picture and sound into the binary as long as you keep them the same size with the default ones... that's just a hex edit job... if I make such a tool, it will do the same...

Actually I could store those files in nand too but I don't want to mess with the system too much... currently the single hack this app using is launching channels with a fake su ticket

madnlooney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cool i just put .031 on and works well. started putting channel shortcuts in the xml.

is there a way to have a different video play if i was to put 2/3 on and have them select through on each reboot?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
madnlooney said:
cool i just put .031 on and works well. started putting channel shortcuts in the xml.

is there a way to have a different video play if i was to put 2/3 on and have them select through on each reboot?

If you mean the video version, yes you can have more than one video which is randomly selected... just delimit the filenames of the videos in the VideoFile tag's filename attribute...

By the way, updated the first post, published the 0.5b beta

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
Pretty cool this, just wondering why it gives strong white lines at the bottom of the screen before picture displays?
Also can the press image be used with a effect as well as the main picture, as I looked through and it seems not. Anyway I understand this is beta so I shouldn't report this small bug, you probably already know.
[EDIT]forgot to mention I'm using widescreen and the Press image seems to crop and be far fetched to the right hand side of display. cutting half the press image out. also do they have to be them particular resolutions, I tried and exceptions with any different.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
UranusKiller said:
Pretty cool this, just wondering why it gives strong white lines at the bottom of the screen before picture displays?
Also can the press image be used with a effect as well as the main picture, as I looked through and it seems not. Anyway I understand this is beta so I shouldn't report this small bug, you probably already know.

Well it's an issue with my video initting code or the grrlib's, probably it displays what's left in the video buffer... I'll resolve the issue in the upcoming releases. Of course an effect can be applied to press image, probably will do the in the future releases. It's a piece of cake with grrlib and with my custom effect routines
tongue.gif

ps: Well again I was not able to test it with wide screen, you can't change the default intro but you can change the location of the press image in the configuration file... I should have made a default intro with a press image at the center of the screen
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...