OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
borissaid said:
Thanks WiiCrazy.

Btw, tiny bits are missing from the config file in the archive I posted, please redownload it as I've just updated it...

Here is the loader configuration in Crap.cfg btw...
{
title = "ULoader Forwarder";
filename = "UloaderForwarder.dol";
author = "Hermes";
modder = "-";
discIdPlaceHolder = "GAMEID";
configPlaceHolder = "CFGUSB";
regionOverride = 0;
verboseLogSupport = 0;
forcedVideoModeSelection = 0;
ocarinaConfiguration = 0;
languageSelection = 0;
supportsSdSdhcCard = 0;
supportFixes = 0;
supportsAltDols = 0;
isForwarder = 1;
supportsPartitionSelection = 0;
supportedParameters = "";
}

godstriker8

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I need some help. I made sone channels as USB Loader GX forwaders and they didn't work. They just threw me into the USB GX game selection screen. After updating my USB loader Gx it just gives me a black screen.

Frustrated I tried the CFG USB loader and just a black screen appears. I made sure the folder paths were correct and they were. Confused I tried something else.

As a last attempt I tried USB loader 1.6 and 1.5(with fixes) to my suprise both worked. However when returning to the Wii menu via the Home screen in games, it just crashes.

So can someone suggest to me what I did wrong with GX and CFG? Or how to fix the problem with USB loader home menu.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
godstriker8 said:
I need some help. I made sone channels as USB Loader GX forwaders and they didn't work. They just threw me into the USB GX game selection screen. After updating my USB loader Gx it just gives me a black screen.

Frustrated I tried the CFG USB loader and just a black screen appears. I made sure the folder paths were correct and they were. Confused I tried something else.

As a last attempt I tried USB loader 1.6 and 1.5(with fixes) to my suprise both worked. However when returning to the Wii menu via the Home screen in games, it just crashes.

So can someone suggest to me what I did wrong with GX and CFG? Or how to fix the problem with USB loader home menu.

It's been too long since I've tested 1.6 loader with new cios... Home menu problem might be related to that... Also ensure that you don't have certain rev13 cios which causes such home menu crashes... Before answering your other questions, please tell us which cios you have.

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as an FYI...

This works great with the uloader files that were posted by WiiCrazy. I now have a RB2 channel that launches with uloader's nand emulation, loading DLC off of a FAT32 partition. The splash screen and countdown is very strange from the loadstructor forwarder, but it works.

Thanks.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
borissaid said:
Just as an FYI...

This works great with the uloader files that were posted by WiiCrazy. I now have a RB2 channel that launches with uloader's nand emulation, loading DLC off of a FAT32 partition. The splash screen and countdown is very strange from the loadstructor forwarder, but it works.

Thanks.

Well actually that splash screen and countdown is part of the uLoader... forwarder is simple, it just boots the uLoader dol passing the disc id as an argument.

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oddly the countdown doesnt show (the splashscreen and disc spinning does) when launched from uloader (without the channel), but again, it works -- so that's great.

godstriker8

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I just used CFG and it worked thanks WiiCrazy. I was kinda confused on creating my wads until I realized I could leave out some options.

Relle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any reason that, when using the USB Loader GX as the loader, Crap can't set up an alternate .dol? The loader itself can load .dols from the SD card (and I have it saved in the options) but when I try to create a channel for Tales of Graces, I don't get an option to use a menu translation .dol, and even setting the loading option in USB Loader GX itself doesn't take. If I go through the Wii menu channel I made with Crap, there's no translation. If I manually go through to GX and load the game, I get the translation.

According to Crap, it seems like the only loader that lets you use alternate .dols is the one by WiiCrazy. Is that a limitation of Crap, or is it just out of date?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Relle said:
Is there any reason that, when using the USB Loader GX as the loader, Crap can't set up an alternate .dol? The loader itself can load .dols from the SD card (and I have it saved in the options) but when I try to create a channel for Tales of Graces, I don't get an option to use a menu translation .dol, and even setting the loading option in USB Loader GX itself doesn't take. If I go through the Wii menu channel I made with Crap, there's no translation. If I manually go through to GX and load the game, I get the translation.

According to Crap, it seems like the only loader that lets you use alternate .dols is the one by WiiCrazy. Is that a limitation of Crap, or is it just out of date?

Well it's USBL GX's responsibility to launch the game with the user's preferences. Crap's loader is just a forwarder. It just loads USBL GX and tell it to launch the game you select in Crap...

Cfg works without issues in that sense, takes note of user's preferences and gives chance to the user to override them (extra parameters stuff in Crap)

In standalone loaders yes alt-dol is only supported by the loaders I modified... Yes they are out of date and they don't support fat32/ntfs... I just don't have the time and motivation to make them up to date...

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
borissaid said:
Just as an FYI...

Thanks.

Does uloader load from sd or the hd fat32? I would really like to get everything booting off of the hd.
If it is loading from your hd can you point me to a good tut or pm me some instructions?

Thanks.

LNick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would also like a uLoader forwarder that boots uLoader from USB HDD. I tried to modify the existing loaders to accomplish this, but couldn't get it. Of course I'm just hex editing the path the forwarder loads, so I'm not really able to add new functionality.

Also there is a uLoader option to reduce wait time when loading from a channel. Check the hacks menu, documented at http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...cial%26prmd%3Dv

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a question about forwarder channels.

Until recently i always used the existing cfg forwarders for sd and usb (UCSF and UCUF).

But what i'm looking for is a difference in cfg-222 and cfg-249, regardless if the dol is on sd or usb.
I've used the forwarder from xflak, which forwards simply to apps/usbloader_cfg wherever it is.

But until now there is no difference between 222 and 249.
Because i have multiple HDD's an use both loaders, it would be easier if i could use f.e. the path: apps\cfg_222 and apps\cfg_249, and then regardless if it is on sd or usb.

I do not know if such forwarders already exist, but i can make them myself if i have to.

I have been making channels for several things, but what i do not know is how you can change the path where the forwarder should forward to.

Who can point me in the wright direction?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
@hetfield : you can check out the source from here and change below part... then recompile it...

Code:
#ifdef CFGUL 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ#define MAXFILES 4
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// add/change filenames here, don't forget to edit MAXFILES!
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂchar filenames[MAXFILES][FILENAMECHARACTERS] = 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{ 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{"fat:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol"},ÂÂÂÂÂÂ 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ//{"fat:/apps/tester/boot.dol"},ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{"fat:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol"},
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{"fat:/apps/usb_loader/boot.dol"},
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{"fat:/apps/usb-loader/boot.dol"}ÂÂÂÂÂÂ 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ};
#endif

Then either replace dol of the existing loader (Configurable forwarder no intro) or create a new entry in Crap.cfg file and copy the new loader into Loaders folder.

@LNick : One page back I've given the links to an uLoader forwarder (both forwarder dol & relevant Crap.cfg file) . This is the original forwarder already distributed with uLoader.

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the fast reply.

I checked out crapwii and changed the path in the main.c of Narolez-NForwarder.
CODE// Configurable USB Loader
#ifdef CFGUL
#define MAXFILES 1
// add/change filenames here, don't forget to edit MAXFILES!
char filenames[MAXFILES][FILENAMECHARACTERS] =
{
{"fat:/apps/cfg-222/boot.dol"},
};
#endif

I compiled with sneek and wiimc before, but with a guide, that's it.
No idea how too use commands or path in devkitpro and make...
How can a noob recompile this?
unsure.gif

But just to be clear, i simply want to make a forwarder, 1 that will forward to the normal cfg loader, and 1 to cfg loader-222
Not really care what it looks like, just as long they forward too different fat:\apps\.....\boot.dol

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ah, that simple?

EDIT:
Do i need something extra in PPC?
When i Make, it says
Code:
ld.exe: cannot find -lz
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status