Hacking Cpu for RPCS3

dizz00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Straight to the point is i3 7100 and r3 1200(oc'ed to 3.9) sufficient to run rpcs3 in native speed or at least playable speed for compatible games? I know emulation is cpu heavy so i will only list cpu here.

I'm planning to build a new pc and buy a new laptop.
The laptop will be asus tp410ur with
-i3 7100
-gt930mx 2gb
-4gb ddr4 2400

The pc will be like this:
-r3 1200(will oc)
-gtx1060 3gb
-dual channel 2x4gb 2666 ddr4

Both meets the requirements for rpcs3 but will i get a playable fps? Minimum stutter, etc. I won't really play on the laptop because i have vita and 3ds for portable gaming so i don't really care about the laptop, but it would be nice if i can run them in my laptop too. But the pc is different story, is rpcs3 will benefit from threads or only physical cores?

eilegz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i think that intel cpu would be better since clockspeed and IPC its all needed for emulators, right now ryzen its single core performance and speed its slower compared to intel.

dizz00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i think that intel cpu would be better since clockspeed and IPC its all needed for emulators, right now ryzen its single core performance and speed its slower compared to intel.

I'm planning to oc the cpu and on that price point oc'ed ryzen beat intel according to benchmark. At first i'm planning to go with i5 7400, but after some research ryzen give better bang for buck and more upgrade option than intel. Intel 8th gen is too expensive right now so i won't go there.
yes, easily but rps3 compatibility isnt great (and still needs a gpu i think)
The build is good enough then, and yes both pc and laptop have dedicated gpu.

I'm just planning to play Catherine(can't finished this after 2 ps3 decide to dead on me) and P5 for now, And both is compatible i think.

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
    captainbob321 @ captainbob321: It's Just That I Have Been Having a Hard Time Ever Since That I Saw Awful Hate Images of Ami...