• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After I was vaxxed for the first time, I pretty fucked up with side effects for a few days. Am looking forward to my second dose, am planning to use sick leave.

Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm urged to live as if I haven't been vaccinated and I can still transmit the virus then I don't see a reason why I would.
In the United States, you're not being urged to live as if you haven't been vaccinated. If you've been fully vaccinated, you mostly get to go back to normal and not wear masks. If you haven't been vaccinated, you have to wear masks and socially distance.

We also know that if you've been vaccinated, you're highly unlikely to contract the virus and spread it.

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I got moderna wednesday,sick for 3days now,its not normal,i must think for the second injection if i gona do that.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got moderna wednesday,sick for 3days now,its not normal,i must think for the second injection if i gona do that.
The side effects are worth the benefits of getting vaccinated. Please get the second dose when it's time to do so. The side effects might be less severe the second time if they were already pretty bad the first time.

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I'm not getting a vaccine. Things aren't going well for people in Germany, who won't let the government push the poison in their veins, since you're getting treated like a second class citizen.
I'm fortunate to have enough capital to move to almost any country in this world. If things won't get better here, we're going to move to Sweden (at least short-term). Right now the debate to forcefully vaccine kids is hot right now. If that's gonna get greenlit, we're gone. Not gonna let the government poison my kids. Few million Euro taxes less every year, good job, Germany.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
UPDATE 29/05/2021

Beside my early doubts about vaccines, my 60yo parents both got Pfizer vaccine yesterday, they only got mild symptons of sneezes or coughs, but they are fine. Recently EU has introduced the Green pass Bill, basically allows those 1-2 shot vaccinated people benefit to travel freely within EU borders, no more mask restriction and allowed to participate pubblic event like wedding, conventions or most importantly parties!

I'm definitely getting vaccinated and can't wait to get cruise this summer!

Last edited by leon315,

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine being a fucking idiot who refuses to wear a mask and/or refuses to get vaccinated.

Refusing to believe in science because "the magic man in the sky will keep me safe"...

Last edited by g00s3y,

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
i'd still get my vaccin (if everything gets done as planned i'm up for next month here, and yes i'd even go for the AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria) or Janssen.
on 8,5 milion vaccinated people in my country there were only 16 people (13 females, 3 males) with trombose.
only 2 people died suspicious in the same timeline.
seriously that's not something shocking at all.
i'm pretty sure that there are more people dying on painkillers. you wouldn't pass one of those when needed,
without vaccins the killing rate of covid-19 is far worse and i've seen a few around me pass away or getting at the IC in the hospitals.
i'd rather die as a human then like a mouse.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Unfortunately, I see three separate doctors regularly (cancer). Not a one of them recommended I get vaccinated. Matter of fact, my overseeing neurologist said he hasn't gotten it himself because he's leery of it, since it seems to have been put out there fairly quickly. For me, though, the bottom line is what my work requires of me to return from leave. If they say it's necessary, I'm fine with it. But I'm not rushing out to get it either, especially without the endorsement of my physicians. But I'm not anti-vaccine either. Everyone, I feel, should be able to make the determination for themselves.
I was saying that earlier in this thread to a reply to I think it was @GhostLatte that the vaccine isn't FDA approved. It was put out too fast under emergency orders which can be revoked at any time. And that we shouldn't shame people who are weary of the vaccine because of that.

There can be other effects we don't know about yet. I still took it because I don't care if something negative happens too me, for me it's a oh well situation.

Last edited by SG854,
Reactions: tabzer

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
I wont will never get vaccinated but I also dont let anyone visits me nor go shopping very often.

You vaccinated idiots got it and protect me from it so why should I get vaccinated?

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I wont will never get vaccinated but I also dont let anyone visits me nor go shopping very often.

You vaccinated idiots got it and protect me from it so why should I get vaccinated?

If we ''those idiots'' didnt get vaccinated,you have a big chance you will ever get covid,so think before you post nonsense.
I have severe astma,so have not much choice.

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
If we ''those idiots'' didnt get vaccinated,you have a big chance you will ever get covid,so think before you post nonsense.
I have severe astma,so have not much choice.
I didnt get for one and half year and if more people get vaccinated the chances of me getting should be even lower right? so I will not take it.

if you got vaccinated .... thank you for protecting me lol. I protected myself long enough and I am not getting it.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I was saying that earlier in this thread to a reply to I think it was @GhostLatte that the vaccine isn't FDA approved. It was put out too fast under emergency orders which can be revoked at any time. And that we shouldn't shame people who are weary of the vaccine because of that.

There can be other effects we don't know about yet. I still took it because I don't care if something negative happens too me, for me it's a oh well situation.

I agree with the sentiment that people should not be pushing others to take the vaccine. Nobody has presented credentials in doing so.

That being said, I wish you would value your life more. You seem to value others more than yourself, which is better than doing the contrary--but still not ideal.

Reactions: GeekyGuy

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not getting a vaccine. Things aren't going well for people in Germany, who won't let the government push the poison in their veins, since you're getting treated like a second class citizen.
I'm fortunate to have enough capital to move to almost any country in this world. If things won't get better here, we're going to move to Sweden (at least short-term). Right now the debate to forcefully vaccine kids is hot right now. If that's gonna get greenlit, we're gone. Not gonna let the government poison my kids. Few million Euro taxes less every year, good job, Germany.
The vaccines are not "poison."

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The vaccines are not "poison."

Technically vaccines have been considered a weak "poison" that teaches your body to overcome its basic properties. The current "vaccine" reprograms DNA, which might be worse than the conventional idea of poison to some people. I fail to see your qualifications.

Last edited by tabzer,
Reactions: tpax

mdmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been vaccinated (Pfizer) for a while now, never had any problems at all. And my girl got her 2nd shot (Moderna) a few days ago, she was a little sick for a day.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically vaccines have been considered a weak "poison" that teaches your body to overcome its basic properties. The current "vaccine" reprograms DNA, which might be worse than the conventional idea of poison to some people. I fail to see your qualifications.
The current vaccine does not "reprogram your DNA."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto