the end is nigh, buy doge coin
OP
Global Moderator
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol yea its not going to target kids 5-15 ... its going to mutate to have a high mortality rate for..

...DRUMROLL...

ALL HUMANS.
Plus what does Fauci have to do with the Mutation of allowing a Virus (that has already mutated several times) to spread unchecked?
Although it's not clear the virus would mutate to become more deadly. Ultimately it spreads best when the symptoms are mild and viral load is high. Best case scenario from the virus's perspective would be to reach a middle ground.

LinkmstrYT

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
You wanted to see where I live? You stalker...
XP
Country
United States
How on earth is this conversation still going?
Simple, some people just don't want to believe in actual science, facts, and data all because they don't want to take a couple of shots that can help themselves and people around them.

It'll continue to keep going as long as these folks continue to be stubborn and not priortize their own wellbeing along with others.

Last edited by LinkmstrYT,

The Catboy

GBATemp's Official Catboy: *Smug gay sounds*
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So Merck's new $700 anti-viral turns out to be 30% effective and yet somehow still manages to get an FDA EUA recommendation (13-10 vote).

I wonder if it's somehow related to the $2.2 billion government contract that would only proceed if it got the EUA :creep:
Oral medication is always less effective and has less yield than injections. That being said, this pill seems to be designed for those who can’t get shots, which is often the intended use for pills of these nature. This is also new and I wouldn’t be shocked if they end up finding better methods, like dissolving the pill under your tongue, patches, or methods of getting better yield rates.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oral medication is always less effective and has less yield than injections. That being said, this pill seems to be designed for those who can’t get shots, which is often the intended use for pills of these nature. This is also new and I wouldn’t be shocked if they end up finding better methods, like dissolving the pill under your tongue, patches, or methods of getting better yield rates.
Except that their initial claims were much higher, I remember even I commented here somewhere that it was very promising as their studies were showing something approaching 90% efficacy at the time. I think the UK authorisation was even based off that study.. and now look where we are after the contracts have been made. Regardless of the medical aspects, this is shady stuff, and extremely reminiscent of the crap that Merck has pulled in the past. Some of those experts on the panel were concerned that the pill could actually do more harm than good.

Let's also not forget that this drug was developed with government funding (i.e tax payers) and costs around $17 to make. Yet somehow its totally okay for them to sell it back to the public at $700. Even if it had turned out to be effective that part is still shady as hell.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Except that their initial claims were much higher, I remember even I commented here somewhere that it was very promising as their studies were showing something approaching 90% efficacy at the time. I think the UK authorisation was even based off that study.. and now look where we are after the contracts have been made. Regardless of the medical aspects, this is shady stuff, and extremely reminiscent of the crap that Merck has pulled in the past. Some of those experts on the panel were concerned that the pill could actually do more harm than good.

Let's also not forget that this drug was developed with government funding (i.e tax payers) and costs around $17 to make. Yet somehow its totally okay for them to sell it back to the public at $700. Even if it had turned out to be effective that part is still shady as hell.
I am not saying nothing shady could be going on, just point out the flaws with pills and possible means of getting better yields.
It honestly would be a higher yield if pills weren’t thrashed by the liver. Which is actually why dissolving pills under your tongue gets a slightly higher yield. This is more about me being annoyed with with the inefficiency of pills.

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Oral Medication has only one good Reason:

To treat infected Persons BEFORE they must have to go to the Hospital and become "Intensive" Patients....

Like they should have done before....then we would not have this Topic no longer about "Intensive Care Troubles"...

EDIT:
No better not...

• Love
Reactions: BaamAlex
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not saying nothing shady could be going on, just point out the flaws with pills and possible means of getting better yields.
It honestly would be a higher yield if pills weren’t thrashed by the liver. Which is actually why dissolving pills under your tongue gets a slightly higher yield. This is more about me being annoyed with with the inefficiency of pills.
I feel the same way, I really had high hopes for it even though I was sceptical when it was announced. That's just the nature of anti-virals unfortunately.

SG854

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji

Those are U.S. prices. Looks like U.S. industries got involved

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I feel the same way, I really had high hopes for it even though I was sceptical when it was announced. That's just the nature of anti-virals unfortunately.
It’s more just the nature of pills themselves. Pills often need to either need to be higher dose or be taken in some way that bypasses the liver. The greatest “problem” here is literally a functional liver. I am actually kind of annoyed that doctors don’t often recommend better methods than ingestion, especially in this pill’s case. I am actually willing bet that the rate would be higher if they recommended dissolving the pill under your tongue. Just a rant from someone who’s limited to just pills as a means of living from day to day, so I kind of had to learn the best methods to get the most out of my pills.

SipahiBey

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
How does that stop covid from spreading?

If the government created the virus, it can also find a cure for the virus. Its known by now that the virus was a result of gain of function research in Wuhan, funded with NIH money.

Simple make the Chinese pay Billions if not trillions in compensation.

• Haha
Reactions: The Catboy

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
which still does not solve the problem that it is here now and we need to deal with it NOW. Get your fucking jabs or stop talking nonsense if you don't want to, saying stupidities like that gets us nowhere.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: https://youtube.com/shorts/8G09aQmeMBc?feature=share