XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: Alexander1970
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"This video discusses new surprise discovery (yet to be confirmed by other scientists) that SARS-CoV-2 full length spike protein can enter human cell nuclei and interfere with fixing of broken DNA damage. Authors of the study propose this might have been evolved in order to prevent genetic recombination required to produce antibody variety to successfully attack the virus. If true, and if this could have important implications for potential negative health outcomes and might require reconfiguration of vaccine design."

Marc_78065

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My father got his 3rd shot recently and now he's feeling ill and tremors, according to my mother.

The first time it went fine (maybe a placebo), second time he was unable to move as he gotten ill and an awful back pain, and now, the third time he's ill and got tremors.

I really hope he makes through, but others who got vaxxed haven't recovered from the tremors.

Also, he was desperate and anxious for me to get vaxxed. No, I'd rather die than be injected with it.

A shitstorm's afoot and I'm just not mentally and emotionally prepared how hard I try.

Got nothing else to say.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Marc_78065

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still not vaccinated but still looking forward (April 2022 or maybe earlier ?) when hopefully finally Valneva/Novavax are getting the EU EMA Certification.....
I respect folks who take it, but I've noticed they don't respect those who refuse it for any reason, whatsoever. They mock, harass, become hostile.. Sigh.

I really hope my father won't have those tremors permanently as it basically makes him unable to live his life. He's being so obedient and then becomes another one hit with the "side" effects.

There's also one of my sister's who's been having pretty bad headaches who knows what originated. She also tried to coerce me to take it.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I respect folks who take it, but I've noticed they don't respect those who refuse it for any reason, whatsoever. They mock, harass, become hostile.. Sigh.

I really hope my father won't have those tremors permanently as it basically makes him unable to live his life. He's being so obedient and then becomes another one hit with the "side" effects.

There's also one of my sister's who's been having pretty bad headaches who knows what originated. She also tried to coerce me to take it.
Your sister sounds like a smart lady. The issue is that those who don't vaccinate or isolate are literally dangerous to others. Sorry to hear about the alleged complications your father is experiencing, but it is still irresponsible and a sign of abused first world privilege to dodge a vaccine if you can get one.

LinkmstrYT

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
You wanted to see where I live? You stalker...
XP
Country
United States
My father got his 3rd shot recently and now he's feeling ill and tremors, according to my mother.

The first time it went fine (maybe a placebo), second time he was unable to move as he gotten ill and an awful back pain, and now, the third time he's ill and got tremors.

I really hope he makes through, but others who got vaxxed haven't recovered from the tremors.

Also, he was desperate and anxious for me to get vaxxed. No, I'd rather die than be injected with it.

A shitstorm's afoot and I'm just not mentally and emotionally prepared how hard I try.

Got nothing else to say.
The first shot is no placebo. Basically, the first dose of the vaccine starts the process of building up protection and then the second dose works to greatly reinforce this protection. The third shot basically does the same as the second that it helps reinforce the protection as the effects start to wear off after several months (as with many vaccines, like the yearly flu shot).

Side-effects are slightly common when taking vaccines, this isn't anything new. Many folks have temporarily gotten fevers and the like that only lasted for a brief moment and then gone.

"others who got vaxxed haven't recovered from the tremors" We have millions of vaccinated people who are doing just fine and recovered. Including myself, family, and friends. Don't know where you got the "haven't recovered from the tremors" part from except from those "viral videos", but the chances of such a thing to keep happening is extremely small and very unlikely to happen to most people.

So you'd rather die and potentially cause your own parents grief of seeing their own child die before they do and needing to pay for your funeral (and potentially large hospital bills). While the vaccine helps to greatly increase protection and even chance of survival if you do get infected (as data shows that even vaccinated people have a much higher chance of surviving than unvaccinated people and with a lot less permanent damages from the virus).

I feel it's more that a lot of us are becoming desensitized and more frustrated with all this as it goes on even longer. And that's not a good thing at all with many folks dying or surviving with permanent damages (like their lungs). The faster we get more people vaccinated, the slower the spread of the virus and its mutations, and the earlier we would be out of this mess. But instead people dumb down with the conspiracy theories and making it political and is why we're still nowhere near close to getting out of this pandemic as more and more people die from the virus. It's getting harder and harder to feel sympathetic since it keeps happening so many times every single day.

Side-effects are, again, common with any vaccines and are pretty much temporary and some people don't get the side-effects. I'm sure he came out just fine after getting out of the illness and back pain quickly soon afterwards.

Yes, the headaches are one of the possible side-effects you could get, but, again, it's temporary. You have a much lower chance of getting any serious problems with the vaccine than the virus and the virus has a higher chance of causing much more permanent damages to your own body and a higher chance of causing death to yourself and potentially other unvaccinated people around you.

Last edited by LinkmstrYT,

tabzer

Maybe authoritarian
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Good news: You're significantly more likely to die if you don't get vaccinated, so your wish may come true.

As long as he stays off a ventilator, doesn't get shot, or is under 80, he'll probably be ok--in regards to Covid. Don't you have some children to sacrifice? I mean, to convince to be self-sacrificing for your future?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to bother reading this thread. I'll just say that I recently took a 3rd shot of Moderna, and it was super mild compared to shot #2. #2 sucked. I will also say that in Japan, Many prefectures such as Tokyo were up to 2,700 to over 3,000 COVID positive cases a day, for weeks, when they finally started to get the ball rolling on vaccinating the general population (vice only elderly and such). They went up to 70% of the population having at least 1 dose pretty quick... and the numbers started dropping like rocks. It seems like it's been weeks now since Tokyo had even 40 positives in a day. Perhaps it has, but I no longer pay attention because it's so comparatively low, that restaurants are finally opening longer and bars are open.

The vaccines really do have a big impact. No they aren't perfect, but NO VACCINE IS. People even still get chickenpox after being inoculated, and have side effects or some kind of reaction to it. There really is nothing new here, except for how loud idiots can be heard on social media (I'm referring to the ones who say dumb crap like the shot puts tracking devices in you and such nonsense) compared to the past.

tabzer

Maybe authoritarian
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm not going to bother reading this thread. I'll just say that I recently took a 3rd shot of Moderna, and it was super mild compared to shot #2. #2 sucked. I will also say that in Japan, Many prefectures such as Tokyo were up to 2,700 to over 3,000 COVID positive cases a day, for weeks, when they finally started to get the ball rolling on vaccinating the general population (vice only elderly and such). They went up to 70% of the population having at least 1 dose pretty quick... and the numbers started dropping like rocks. It seems like it's been weeks now since Tokyo had even 40 positives in a day. Perhaps it has, but I no longer pay attention because it's so comparatively low, that restaurants are finally opening longer and bars are open.

The vaccines really do have a big impact. No they aren't perfect, but NO VACCINE IS. People even still get chickenpox after being inoculated, and have side effects or some kind of reaction to it. There really is nothing new here, except for how loud idiots can be heard on social media (I'm referring to the ones who say dumb crap like the shot puts tracking devices in you and such nonsense) compared to the past.

The numbers started dropping like rocks because people started treating it like the flu. There are "rules" in place (masks and social distancing) but they aren't enforced.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the conspiracy friends:
i broke my foot less than half an hour after my second shot.

Quite literally it was probably due to dizziness.... I drove home after the second shot about a 10 minute drive. If I had to drive any further I would have been calling a cab home... Felt like I had been drinking. I had an appointment later that night, not going to lie I asked my GF to drive because I didn't feel like it was a good idea for me to drive lol

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The numbers started dropping like rocks because people started treating it like the flu. There are "rules" in place (masks and social distancing) but they aren't enforced.
they don't have to be enforced. In Japan, people have been wearing masks LONG before COVID. The vast majority simply wear their masks anyway. The workforce is pretty brutal, and they don't even want to try taking a sick day if it can be avoided. If they feel sick, they wear a mask to work. It's that simple, and it's always been like that as long as I've lived here.

The numbers dropped because of the Vaccinations. Period. Nothing else has changed here.

Reactions: Dakitten and Lacius

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Got nothing else to say.

Proof of these symptoms and that they were caused from being vaccinated, or you're talking purely out of your ass.

Reactions: Dakitten and Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as he stays off a ventilator, doesn't get shot, or is under 80, he'll probably be ok--in regards to Covid. Don't you have some children to sacrifice? I mean, to convince to be self-sacrificing for your future?
People don't get to choose whether or not they need a ventilator. If someone is unvaccinated, they're dramatically increasing the odds they will need one.

I don't sacrifice children. If you want to talk about sacrificing children in the name of ideology, I suggest you talk to the parents who refuse to vaccinate their children.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/fap39PL.mp4