• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your foolishness is cute, but science actually uses repeatable processes to predict outcomes with keen reliability, but blind faith is a coin flip at best. Perhaps you should add some facts and data instead of share your crazy?
No point in taking them seriously. They just joined today and their very first post is here of all places.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I just would like say say that no one should EVER doubt the word of SCIENCE!
Those who would do such things are FOOLS!
You would dare doubt the word of what created all of us? Gives us everything we have?
The word of science is solid and unchanging. Immovable and unshakeable, NEVER to be questioned, amen.
We would not be where we are right now if not for science!
My faith, my trust, my everything is in science, and science will save me!
I PRAISE science and its only begotten son, Dr. Fauci, sent to spread the truth and nothing but the truth.
And glory be to all scientists who work in the name of science, may no one ever question or doubt them, for they will never fall prey to the temptation of greed or power!
Hallelujah!
Just say you are afraid of science and stop making an ass of yourself
That being said, the anti-vax crowd bring anything useful to the conversation?

Reactions: Lacius and Dakitten

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Reactions: BaamAlex

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: Alexander1970

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"This video discusses new surprise discovery (yet to be confirmed by other scientists) that SARS-CoV-2 full length spike protein can enter human cell nuclei and interfere with fixing of broken DNA damage. Authors of the study propose this might have been evolved in order to prevent genetic recombination required to produce antibody variety to successfully attack the virus. If true, and if this could have important implications for potential negative health outcomes and might require reconfiguration of vaccine design."

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My father got his 3rd shot recently and now he's feeling ill and tremors, according to my mother.

The first time it went fine (maybe a placebo), second time he was unable to move as he gotten ill and an awful back pain, and now, the third time he's ill and got tremors.

I really hope he makes through, but others who got vaxxed haven't recovered from the tremors.

Also, he was desperate and anxious for me to get vaxxed. No, I'd rather die than be injected with it.

A shitstorm's afoot and I'm just not mentally and emotionally prepared how hard I try.

Got nothing else to say.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Still not vaccinated but still looking forward (April 2022 or maybe earlier ?) when hopefully finally Valneva/Novavax are getting the EU EMA Certification.....

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still not vaccinated but still looking forward (April 2022 or maybe earlier ?) when hopefully finally Valneva/Novavax are getting the EU EMA Certification.....
I respect folks who take it, but I've noticed they don't respect those who refuse it for any reason, whatsoever. They mock, harass, become hostile.. Sigh.

I really hope my father won't have those tremors permanently as it basically makes him unable to live his life. He's being so obedient and then becomes another one hit with the "side" effects.

There's also one of my sister's who's been having pretty bad headaches who knows what originated. She also tried to coerce me to take it.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I respect folks who take it, but I've noticed they don't respect those who refuse it for any reason, whatsoever. They mock, harass, become hostile.. Sigh.

I really hope my father won't have those tremors permanently as it basically makes him unable to live his life. He's being so obedient and then becomes another one hit with the "side" effects.

There's also one of my sister's who's been having pretty bad headaches who knows what originated. She also tried to coerce me to take it.
Your sister sounds like a smart lady. The issue is that those who don't vaccinate or isolate are literally dangerous to others. Sorry to hear about the alleged complications your father is experiencing, but it is still irresponsible and a sign of abused first world privilege to dodge a vaccine if you can get one.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My father got his 3rd shot recently and now he's feeling ill and tremors, according to my mother.

The first time it went fine (maybe a placebo), second time he was unable to move as he gotten ill and an awful back pain, and now, the third time he's ill and got tremors.

I really hope he makes through, but others who got vaxxed haven't recovered from the tremors.

Also, he was desperate and anxious for me to get vaxxed. No, I'd rather die than be injected with it.

A shitstorm's afoot and I'm just not mentally and emotionally prepared how hard I try.

Got nothing else to say.
The first shot is no placebo. Basically, the first dose of the vaccine starts the process of building up protection and then the second dose works to greatly reinforce this protection. The third shot basically does the same as the second that it helps reinforce the protection as the effects start to wear off after several months (as with many vaccines, like the yearly flu shot).

Side-effects are slightly common when taking vaccines, this isn't anything new. Many folks have temporarily gotten fevers and the like that only lasted for a brief moment and then gone.

"others who got vaxxed haven't recovered from the tremors" We have millions of vaccinated people who are doing just fine and recovered. Including myself, family, and friends. Don't know where you got the "haven't recovered from the tremors" part from except from those "viral videos", but the chances of such a thing to keep happening is extremely small and very unlikely to happen to most people.

So you'd rather die and potentially cause your own parents grief of seeing their own child die before they do and needing to pay for your funeral (and potentially large hospital bills). While the vaccine helps to greatly increase protection and even chance of survival if you do get infected (as data shows that even vaccinated people have a much higher chance of surviving than unvaccinated people and with a lot less permanent damages from the virus).

I feel it's more that a lot of us are becoming desensitized and more frustrated with all this as it goes on even longer. And that's not a good thing at all with many folks dying or surviving with permanent damages (like their lungs). The faster we get more people vaccinated, the slower the spread of the virus and its mutations, and the earlier we would be out of this mess. But instead people dumb down with the conspiracy theories and making it political and is why we're still nowhere near close to getting out of this pandemic as more and more people die from the virus. It's getting harder and harder to feel sympathetic since it keeps happening so many times every single day.

Side-effects are, again, common with any vaccines and are pretty much temporary and some people don't get the side-effects. I'm sure he came out just fine after getting out of the illness and back pain quickly soon afterwards.

Yes, the headaches are one of the possible side-effects you could get, but, again, it's temporary. You have a much lower chance of getting any serious problems with the vaccine than the virus and the virus has a higher chance of causing much more permanent damages to your own body and a higher chance of causing death to yourself and potentially other unvaccinated people around you.

Last edited by NyaakoXD,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Good news: You're significantly more likely to die if you don't get vaccinated, so your wish may come true.

As long as he stays off a ventilator, doesn't get shot, or is under 80, he'll probably be ok--in regards to Covid. Don't you have some children to sacrifice? I mean, to convince to be self-sacrificing for your future?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
for the conspiracy friends:
i broke my foot less than half an hour after my second shot.
Probably because you were experiencing a lack of coordination, due to the mental gymnastics of rationalizing investing your life in Pfizer.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Probably because you were experiencing a lack of coordination, due to the mental gymnastics rationalizing of investing your life in Pfizer.
no, i looked pretty hard at my certificate.
then there were 5 steps downwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1