Hacking Coverflow demo

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hibern said:
I'm near a final version. For the first time since long ago i've had a rather productive week, making progress on every evening, and i'll be able to release the final version soon, because this time i should be satisfied about it
smile.gif
There are several ideas i'll have to give up, but the most important things should there this time.
Next week-end seems too short for me, sorry, unless i start private testing by then and hire you as a tester.

The only thing I can think of at all is alt-dol support, thus improving overall compatibility greatly. Other than that, I haven't run into any issues whatsoever; this loader is top-notch. Thanks for the hard work and patience.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
16x9 widescreen support, alt .dol loading, and perhaps options for different cover download sites would complete this loader for me.

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
Hibern said:
I'm near a final version. For the first time since long ago i've had a rather productive week, making progress on every evening, and i'll be able to release the final version soon, because this time i should be satisfied about it
smile.gif
There are several ideas i'll have to give up, but the most important things should there this time.
Next week-end seems too short for me, sorry, unless i start private testing by then and hire you as a tester.
Awesome.
Whatever you want dude, this is easily my loader of choice, i'm just glad you've done what you have.
Cheers

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Hibern said:
smile.gif

cool, i can test as always if u want

cozmo

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
small bug report for Hibern:

when installing a game on a usb drive using the built in "install game" feature, the on screen text gets messed up when installing a second game. It says "installed game" even though the installation process is still progressing. So it should say "installing ...%" instead of "installed game". (This works correct the first time you install a game, but not the second, third,... Unless you reboot wiiflow)

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
cozmo said:

When installing a game on a usb drive using the built in "install game" feature, the on screen text gets messed up when installing a second game. It says "installed game" even though the installation process is still progressing. So it should say "installing ...%" instead of "installed game". (This works correct the first time you install a game, but not the second, third,... Unless you reboot wiiflow)

It does the same when you cancel an install, leaving the message cancelled. It basically does not overwrite one message with another if used more than once. It still does what you want, simply does not display the correct message.

Also does not apply the parental lock without having WiiFlow rebooted.

It would also be nice if the full cover download option was fixed, or removed completely if you cannot get a suitable host for them. if it is never going to find them then it may as well stick with just the front cover and then we can add them manually as at present.

I initially did not like the around the text on buttons, but now realise simply applying the parental lock removed these buttons with no problems and makes the settings look great.

IMO there a very few bugs, none of which seriously affect the functionality, which is a great indication of the care you take with your work.

I do not understand the request for widescreen support. You simply adjust the size of your screen in WiiFlow. Am I missing something?

I'd also love alt dol support if at all feasible, even if just cut and pasted, but i understand your wish to concentrate on the GUI. Not really a bug report, more a feature request.

I also occasionally have games locking up that work normally. They simply require a reboot to work, but I have been unable to figure out a pattern and simply accept it as "one of those things".

I'm more than happy with the slight delay using a forwarder, especially as it makes things so simple. Plus I can now modify the forwarders to suit my own taste. I like how easy the program can be modified with a forwarder compared to a channel.

Thanks again for all your work.

btw I'd happily act as a tester if you wished, but I'm sure you have no shortage of willing volunteers.
biggrin.gif

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
well , i can give you some details on the next release , just to tease you a bit ^^
I'm actually testing it.
(i can't give you a release date , but just some details
wink.gif
)

The full cover download option will be back
wink.gif
, with customizable paths (and multi) , so you can choose which site you want to use.
Of course i recommend WiiTDB , because on this site you can get localized covers.

and a lot of new things that you are all expecting will be added ^^
(including the widescreen fix , but it still needs to be tested )

I can't tell you more , because i don't want Hibern to be angry with me ^^
He told me not to leak his work.
And i consider that he is the ONLY ONE who should reveal what the next release will be

but , this version , probably the final , will be at the same level than the other loaders , with same features + a much better look

@Fluffy : for your problem , you can delete them easily.
open language.ini with notepad (or wordpad) , and simply remove them on every word containing them
wink.gif

PS : don't ask me to send you my test version , it's definitely NO !!

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
cozmo said:

When installing a game on a usb drive using the built in "install game" feature, the on screen text gets messed up when installing a second game. It says "installed game" even though the installation process is still progressing. So it should say "installing ...%" instead of "installed game". (This works correct the first time you install a game, but not the second, third,... Unless you reboot wiiflow)
Many thanks, i'll try to reproduce it and fix it.

fluffykiwi said:
Also does not apply the parental lock without having WiiFlow rebooted.
Next version allows you to lock wiiflow more easily, because you can restart wiiflow by pressing B+Home (same thing as when you select a theme in fact)

fluffykiwi said:
I initially did not like the around the text on buttons, but now realise simply applying the parental lock removed these buttons with no problems and makes the settings look great.
Game settings now have their own menu, so it will look better. I'll remove the "" since people don't like them.

QUOTE(fluffykiwi @ Aug 16 2009, 07:22 PM) I do not understand the request for widescreen support. You simply adjust the size of your screen in WiiFlow. Am I missing something? I'd also love alt dol support, even if just cut and pasted, but i understand your wish to concentrate on the GUI. Not really a bug report, more a featyre request.
I guess some widescreen tv don't automatically stretch the picture and leave black borders. It should be fixed in the next version. Another problem is that coverflow themes made for 4:3 may look a little strange on 16:9, because they don't use all the space, and vice versa. Can't do much about that.

QUOTE(fluffykiwi @ Aug 16 2009, 07:22 PM)
I also occasionally have games locking up that work normally. They simply require a reboot to work, but I have been unable to figure out a pattern and simply accept it as "one of those things".
This sounds like a serious bug, and you should have complained about it. I'll need more details, like when they lock up (on launch or later), if it happens with other loaders etc. I hope you'll be able to test the new version intensively before i release it.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hibern said:
fluffykiwi said:
This sounds like a serious bug, and you should have complained about it. I'll need more details, like when they lock up (on launch or later), if it happens with other loaders etc. I hope you'll be able to test the new version intensively before i release it.

in my own case , i've never had such a problem.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
I'll never complain about a bug, but simply report them
biggrin.gif
Especially when they are so slight and minor. I wasnt sure that the thread was still really intended for bug reports until Hibernatus requested them once more.

I've only had the lock up problem a few times. It is usually when launching a game, it will lock up just prior to the game showing the controller screen. basically a black screen and the wiimote switches off. I simply reboot the wii and the game works again.

The last time i remember it happening with was Wii Music a day or two ago, which my son plays a lot. He said it happens to him from time to time, but he also just reboots. I'm on the later beta2 release, ciosrev14 and 3.2 menu.

I never considered it a serious problem as a quick reboot always works. I'll try to keep a better track of it happening and see if I can figure out a pattern. It may be something as simple as happening after I add games to the HD drive via PC or I update covers on SD via PC. I know I've managed to have wiiFlow fail to display any covers by moving the SD card to my PC to get full covers on loading etc. Having a working site within wiiFlow will instantly remove that qwirk.

That was just my first guess, but I will try to see if it is repeatable. It seemed rare and random to me, therefore not a priority or very helpful for debugging.

As it only happens occasionally usage of another Loader would be a bit hit and miss, and the only other loader I use occasionally is USB Loader GX for alt dol games.

I use WiiFlow 99% of the time as there are very few alt dol games I play. I've also removed the occasional problem with NTSC games on my PAL will by mostly using PAL games. I didnt think the problems were with WiiFlow, but more with the games themselves.

I like the idea of pressing B and home to reload WiiFlow, and can see that being useful. Looking forward to seeing more of the tweaks you wanted to include. I also hope we can avoid having multiple versions, as I really like the design ethic behind the current iteration.

I know we can trust hibernatus to release a good working app, without a lot of the useless/luxury addons some of the other loaders have included to try to please everyone. Make it functional, make it reliable and make it do exactly what is needed as smoothly as possible. I do not want to see spinning disks and additional animations if it slows down the loading of the games.

It does help a lot that it currently looks so good and works so well.

RAVMN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Can you put compatibility for larger covers? The 512x340 cover dont look Good on my TV, they ate whit a lot of pixels.

I had a 3224x2148 covers, and are very good.

Please add compatibility for JPG covers and largers covers
smile.gif

Thanks for the loader

Domi78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I found an additional bug in WiiFlow:
If you havn't connected a WBFS drive, the error -1 occurs. If you push now on the settings-button, you will come to page 5 of the settings and can navigate and change settings until you are on page 1. The child-save-mode is not active. Everyone can change all settings without entering the current password.
Oh, and i wasn't able to delete a password. If you ever set one, you will always have one. You can change it but you can't remove it without editing the config-file on a computer.

iguanadon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fluffykiwi said:
I'll never complain about a bug, but simply report them
biggrin.gif
Especially when they are so slight and minor. I wasnt sure that the thread was still really intended for bug reports until Hibernatus requested them once more.

I've only had the lock up problem a few times. It is usually when launching a game, it will lock up just prior to the game showing the controller screen. basically a black screen and the wiimote switches off. I simply reboot the wii and the game works again.

The last time i remember it happening with was Wii Music a day or two ago, which my son plays a lot. He said it happens to him from time to time, but he also just reboots. I'm on the later beta2 release, ciosrev14 and 3.2 menu.

My children also play Wii Music and I notice the black screen when 002 error fix is on, if I turn it off game works fine. I have not tried a reboot with 002 fix still on.

beta2 release, cios rev14 4.1U menu

spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LEGAL WiiFlow forwarder without sound like WiiFlow by spayrosam

Now comes in two flavours

Original like WiiFlow (without Remote & Nunchuk)

Download:WiiFlow forwarder without controller
Blocks: 11
ID: WFOW
Delay when launching WiFlow: 2 seconds
Points to
SD:/wiiflow/boot.dol
SD:/apps/wiiflow/boot.dol
USB:/wiiflow/boot.dol
USB:/apps/wiiflow/boot.dol

with Remote & Nunchuk

Download:
WiiFlow Forwarder with controller
Blocks: 13
ID: FLOW
Delay when launching WiFlow: 2 seconds
Points to
SD:/wiiflow/boot.dol
SD:/apps/wiiflow/boot.dol
USB:/wiiflow/boot.dol
USB:/apps/wiiflow/boot.dol

if you want to add sound, please compress it
smile.gif

Please do not edit the pics else you get brick..#

Enjoy !!
wink.gif

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
RAVMN said:
Can you put compatibility for larger covers? The 512x340 cover dont look Good on my TV, they ate whit a lot of pixels.

I had a 3224x2148 covers, and are very good.

Please add compatibility for JPG covers and largers covers
smile.gif

Thanks for the loader

Wiiflow already accepts 1024x680 covers
wink.gif
much enough to get a good result on large TV
But they will stay in .png format , which has lossless compression than jpg
wink.gif

Levitate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Will new version include an option to download 1024x640 covers? Because that'd be sweet being able to choose the resolution you want..

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@spayrosam

Great job on the forwarder, I'm using it now
smile.gif

I must say, however, that sound would make it more lively. I respect your decision to keep it silent, and use similar/same sound as WiiFlow, if implemented by Hibern in the future (which I kind of doubt at this point).

Levitate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
dsfanatic5 said:
I must say, however, that sound would make it more lively. I respect your decision to keep it silent, and use similar/same sound as WiiFlow, if implemented by Hibern in the future (which I kind of doubt at this point).

I agree,
Even if just some typical soft wii tones or beeps, ticks, whatever when you open menus of press buttons or scroll through games. - or at least an option to toggle on/off such sounds.
I can kind of see where people coming from with the silence but at the same time I don't want it to come across unfinished and the silence can make it feel that way..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: