Hacking Coverflow demo

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hibern has been busy and i delayed him a little on his release while myself and blinddude were getting the full covers working on the boxart site.
He was waiting for the link before he could code it and it meant putting things off for a little while, but i believe that part is now resolved and he has that bit working the way he wants.

The loader looks well i have to admit. very clean smooth crisp look to it.
Lots of functions and easy to use once you figure out where things are initially.

Its worth waiting for him to finish this fully - most would be happy with it as it is now , but Hibern is a bit of a perfectionist so his first release on this will pretty much be a finished product from what i can see.

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol...it seems that way, but I know Hibern is working hard on this. I just didn't realize how many people he would let test or I would have thrown my name in the hat! It sounds like it's worth the wait though.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mooseknuckle2000 said:
lol...it seems that way, but I know Hibern is working hard on this. I just didn't realize how many people he would let test or I would have thrown my name in the hat! It sounds like it's worth the wait though.
It was more of a necessity with me as i needed to know how to code the site for this.
I had to figure out the best way to get the images to display and see if it was worth making an effort to have it working well with a whole new section to the site.

(it was by the way)

cedwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
djtaz said:
Hibern has been busy and i delayed him a little on his release while myself and blinddude were getting the full covers working on the boxart site.
He was waiting for the link before he could code it and it meant putting things off for a little while, but i believe that part is now resolved and he has that bit working the way he wants.

Lots of functions and easy to use once you figure out where things are initially.

Its worth waiting for him to finish this fully - most would be happy with it as it is now , but Hibern is a bit of a perfectionist so his first release on this will pretty much be a finished product from what i can see.

What size for the full covers download?(512x512)?

kyogc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
cedwii said:
djtaz said:

What size for the full covers download?(512x512)?

512X340 on http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/index.php

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
if you need help , with full covers i have them all ... PAL and NTSC .. let me know ..
the one ? i have is , how is there 580 ntsc games covers , if there is only 528 games in the usa, tongiht it will be 530 but , just helping out

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
do i have to resize mine , mine are big ,, 3mb to 7mb ,, they are 3240+2175

7 Action Girlz Racing done !!!!

17 Apace Chimps RP9ERS spell wrong ..should be Space Chimps

you guys should came to me , along time ago .. i would had this done ..hehehhe.. what ae the full covers for anyways...

I am geting ERROR.....There're something error in your file - It may be too large to upload , keep the filesize below 2 Megs

mine are to big , i haev to resizes them

BlindDude i have all of or missing covers on there .. i will make a pack and you can downlaod it of off me .. i will put all of the missing ones in the pack for you ...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats excellent - the upload script on the site only allows a certain size , but we can FTP them up at the largest size.

If you pack them we can upload them all directly as long as they have the correct codes on them.
They should be 4 or 6 digits and in JPG format if you have them ?

They are to be used for Hiberns new coverflow loader (this loader) when he releases it and for anyone else who wants something like this.
The uploads are in JPG format, but the site returns a resized PNG when it spits it back to the users.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
impressive work!!

Keep up the awsome work.

//EDIT:
I would like to overwork your buttons, so if you don't mind, post them.
Really hope to see that loader in a usable version, soon.

Don't forget to implement the 16:9 fix ^^

thx

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
yep the buttons are one of the things i didnt like but can live with

well after he is happy to release the source im sure you can play with it

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shizza and NeoRame and pretty excellent at buttons and images - Hibern is doing well to get Shizza on board for this and if i were him id take him up on that straight away.

This loader is great and with the people volinteering their time to improve the areas they are good at , while still keeping it as Hiberns loader.

People will be very impressed when this is released properly.

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hibern, do you have a status update? Are you just putting the polishing touches on or have you decided to add more features before a first release?

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was hoping to find more time to finish it.
I realize i can't, so i give up, and here is a "public beta".

I hope a few artists will manage to use theme.ini to make it look better.
To help them i've done 2 little things :
- A pre-filled theme.ini : http://hibernatus34.free.fr/wii/theme_pack.zip
But remember that you can do more than replacing pictures and fonts.
You can modify animations, color/position/size of every gui element.
- And a gui for adjusting the coverflow (you'll find it in the settings menu). It almost has all the parameters from theme.ini.

So here is my incomplete loader gui :
http://hibernatus34.free.fr/wii/WiiFlowBeta.zip

In the coverflow, try to press left, right, up, down, +, -, 1, 2
Press A to select a game
You can point at the screen too, and you'll find the settings menu.

When you've selected a game, press +, -, left, right, up, down, and if you don't point at the screen press A to launch the game or B to get back to the coverflow.

In the settings menu you can use +/- to navigate faster.

The covers take ages to load, and they even disturb the display. I am awar of that but i haven't had time to find a solution. I've been told a new version of devkitpro might bring faster access to the SD card, so i'll wait for it.

I'm sorry i didn't finish it, maybe in a few weeks i'll be able to.

Before you start making suggestions, here is a little comment :
The purpose of a game loader is to load games. What makes a good loader is that it's handy, and you find and launch a game in no time. An animation should never block the user. You'll never see an animation which adds a useless wait in my loader.
I also think i should keep it simple.

There may be serious bugs because only two persons have tested this version. So use it at your own risk.

---
Forgot to say :
There may be 2 or 3 parameters available only through loader.ini, like fsaa (2x, 3x or 4x, since the graphics are not optimized at all, 4x might be too slow).
The loader can load up to 300 (maybe more) covers in 512x340, and almost 2000 in 160x225, the settings are in loader.ini too.

Oh, and there's a language.ini. If you want to add your language, add a [MYLANGUAGE] and write in UTF-8 and save it without the BOM.
I will take any language you ive me for an "official" version.
I might also take a theme too if some one makes a nice one.

jebrown19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't Wait to test it out Hibern,

Can't wait for my Girlfriend to stop playing Dr. Mario so I can test it that is... just looking at the directory structure,

I'm not sure if you would even know this or care, but I see that both this and Coverfloader point to the same root directory.. Has anyone tried this two loaders together? I'm just wondering if they can work together on the same SD card.

Not a criticism just a curiousity. Again, can't wait to test'er out I've been following this since the beginning.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
Hi Hibern.

Just had a shot of your loader, been interested to see what you had. Nice work there. Funnily enough you actually have very similar to what we are working on albeit some different styling for backgrounds and stuff.

I actually used your configuration to make it look like our loader lol.

So well done mate and great work
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!