Hacking Cover Flow USB ISO Loader by Beardface

Status
Not open for further replies.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How do you get Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings to work? As it comes up with a green screen and goes no further!
frown.gif

Many thanks...

rutny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RolloS60 said:
rutny said:
neardark said:
... wondering if those settings will be the same in ver 1, Took me ages to test all my games on RC7 and dont really want to go through the whole process again with V1. ...have checked and not all the same settings work on V1 - Nightmare! still a great Loader though, will stick with RC7

....I was using a combination of 2 sets of settings. Either Vid Patch on, Force NTSC, and Game Fix-error_02....OR Vid Patch on and Force NTSC. Either of the 2 setting combinations have worked for 99.9% of the games tested so far.
Anyway, I have cIOS rev13b with 3.2U menu and coverfloader V1

@neardark
Since r679 (Jun 23, 2009) the settings weren't changed.

@rutny
With cIOS 13b you should choose 'none' or 'Anti_002' as game fix. Error_002 works for cIOS rev7 or cIOS rev13a

Interestingly enough mate I have about 75 games or so now..running with error_02 chosen. It really is a s if it doesnt matter what is clicked. I even tried this after my previous post. The next 5 games I tested...I tried with default settings. 4 of the 5 froze (screen was just black) I tried them again with default settings and all but 1 worked. Reminds me of a job I used to do.
When we changed computers and was unable to get the internet to work, we changed some settings then did a double re-boot for them to work. It's almost like with these games I have been testing..I have had to do a double boot to get them running. Could/would it have anything to do with the config file?

del76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If im reading you correct that is cios 13a and 13b issue. You have to reboot wii each time for games to work no matter what. Believe this is a known issue of the rev. and nothing to due with the loader, go back to cios 10 to avoid this

roguefan99

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Fiesty Panda said:
FireFreek said:
Can someone explain how Ocarina works on this?
It doesn't. you now put text codes in a folder called txtcodes in usb-loader and you can enable them within the loader. Much better IMO.

Have you been able to get the txt codes to work with v1.0 I'm finding that I get dump crash when I try it. Its no biggie, just be nice for codes I wish to muck around with.

No problems pulling in all the 3D art assets that are out there, it was a problem with PAL games for me in the past.

rutny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
roguefan99 said:
Fiesty Panda said:
FireFreek said:
It doesn't. you now put text codes in a folder called txtcodes in usb-loader and you can enable them within the loader. Much better IMO.

Have you been able to get the txt codes to work with v1.0 I'm finding that I get dump crash when I try it. Its no biggie, just be nice for codes I wish to muck around with.

No problems pulling in all the 3D art assets that are out there, it was a problem with PAL games for me in the past.

not quite every time, but pretty damn close. Thanks for pointing this out. I was beginning to think I was bonkers. Ultimately I had gone back to one of the previously tested games. It didn't work again..even with the settings in place as to how they were earlier when I got the game to work. Tried 2 different previously tested games using anti_002 ...1 started and 1 froze...yeah too much for my lazy bones...back to rev10 for me! Cheers

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
RolloS60 said:
rutny said:
neardark said:
... wondering if those settings will be the same in ver 1, Took me ages to test all my games on RC7 and dont really want to go through the whole process again with V1. ...have checked and not all the same settings work on V1 - Nightmare! still a great Loader though, will stick with RC7

....I was using a combination of 2 sets of settings. Either Vid Patch on, Force NTSC, and Game Fix-error_02....OR Vid Patch on and Force NTSC. Either of the 2 setting combinations have worked for 99.9% of the games tested so far.
Anyway, I have cIOS rev13b with 3.2U menu and coverfloader V1

@neardark
Since r679 (Jun 23, 2009) the settings weren't changed.

@rutny
With cIOS 13b you should choose 'none' or 'Anti_002' as game fix. Error_002 works for cIOS rev7 or cIOS rev13a

if thats the case then why do the games that work on RC7 with the VIDTV patch on and video mode set to auto, not work on RC1 with the very same settings when nothing else has been changed except the version of coverfloader?

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
rutny said:
roguefan99 said:
Fiesty Panda said:
FireFreek said:

not quite every time, but pretty damn close. Thanks for pointing this out. I was beginning to think I was bonkers. Ultimately I had gone back to one of the previously tested games. It didn't work again..even with the settings in place as to how they were earlier when I got the game to work. Tried 2 different previously tested games using anti_002 ...1 started and 1 froze...yeah too much for my lazy bones...back to rev10 for me! Cheers

Did Rev 10 work? and what settings are you having to use to get your games to work now?

RolloS60

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
neardark said:
if thats the case then why do the games that work on RC7 with the VIDTV patch on and video mode set to auto, not work on RC1 with the very same settings when nothing else has been changed except the version of coverfloader?
With RC8 we've included a new (bad) library, which corrupted xml-files in some cases. (Fixed with RC9)
Maybe your gamelist.xml is corrupted. Check if your modified game settings are stored: (Modify gamesetting, go back to main screen, enter gamesetting again...)

QUOTE(neardark @ Jul 9 2009, 10:31 AM) Did Rev 10 work? and what settings are you having to use to get your games to work now?
cIOS rev10 works fine. Use 'Anti_002" as game fix for new games.

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
I just wish I could get the 3d covers to load faster in RC7 so I could stick with that, if anyone knows how to please let me know

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
RolloS60 said:
neardark said:
With RC8 we've included a new (bad) library, which corrupted xml-files in some cases. (Fixed with RC9)
Maybe your gamelist.xml is corrupted. Check if your modified game settings are stored: (Modify gamesetting, go back to main screen, enter gamesetting again...)

QUOTE(neardark @ Jul 9 2009, 10:31 AM) Did Rev 10 work? and what settings are you having to use to get your games to work now?

are you saying that when I change the settings for a game, those settings should be stored so that the next time I go back into that game I dont need to apply the settings again, and is this a function in RC7? so does this mean that my xml file is corrupt, can I just delete it and let RC7 create a new one and it will store the settings the next time I run the game and apply the settings, not that its a problem apply the settings before I run the game as I now know what settings I need for each of my 84 games lol.

ok i went into a game and changed the settings, went back to the main screen and then back into the game, and the settings had rest back to default.

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok deleted the xml file and ran coverfloader 7 again, it created a new xml and now whenI go put the settings in and go back to the main screen and then goto the settings again they are still there. now if I could get the 3d covers to load quicker.

ok I take it back, I use RC8 to get my covers but when I go back into V7 only some of the games have kept the settings. I even tried setting all the settings, then backing up the xml files to another folder, then going into 8 and then replacing the xml files before going back into 7 and it still did the same, if there a limit on the amount of games it will keep settings for?

actually it seems the settings just keep going back to default.

shoud I be using the little padlock icon to lock the settings?

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
ok its not officialy doing my head in, tried doing all the setting again starting from the end and after I have done a few, I go check them and all seems fine, I then continue and by the time I get to the end all the settings have gone for the ones I have done, this is using RC7. nightmare. don't know what am doing wrong, even tried using the little padlock icon to see if that locks the settings but nup

OK it seems when you try and sort the settings on 78 games it does not manage to save them all, I had go in 2 or 3 times looking for ones it has missed and now it seems to have all the settings saved.

PhiZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd love to see an auto-update function ala USB Loader GX, and some theme support? So far, I'm loving it. Everything works fine, exactly how it should be.

Keep up the good work, guys!

EDIT: 1.0 gives me a codedump. It checks the drive, continues loading, then code dumps still in the load screen. Back to RC9. :/

rutny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neardark said:
Did Rev 10 work? and what settings are you having to use to get your games to work now?

When I was on rev10 before I never had any problems with most of the older games, just the newer ones. Also I really would suggest heading up to coverfloader v1, it really is a much better version and the load times for 3d are not bad at all. You could even do this. I have 3 diff versions of Coverfloader on my mem stick. Rev2, Rev9, and V1. This way you can quickly switch back and forth...you can at least test V1 and if not thrilled no harm no foul..your current rev is still there (I would back up the config file though)

RolloS60 said:
Thanks for the tip! One question though (if you know) As mine are NTSC, should I also check Force NTSC and Vid Patch for the newer games?

QUOTE(Matt93 @ Jul 9 2009, 06:26 PM)
Wow, nice quadruple post.
The was a pretty useful comment. Thanks for sharing!
rolleyes.gif

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
has anyone experienced the sound preference not sticking? every time i load coverfloader i turn the sound off and every time i relaunch it is back on.

i also installed the channel which is pretty awesome too. the animation could be a little quicker and maybe in widescreen, but cool have.

this is my favorite thing on the wii so far. i hadn't played my games in a long time because i don't like digging through the stack of game cases, pulling out dvds and putting them away.

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
rutny said:
neardark said:

When I was on rev10 before I never had any problems with most of the older games, just the newer ones. Also I really would suggest heading up to coverfloader v1, it really is a much better version and the load times for 3d are not bad at all. You could even do this. I have 3 diff versions of Coverfloader on my mem stick. Rev2, Rev9, and V1. This way you can quickly switch back and forth...you can at least test V1 and if not thrilled no harm no foul..your current rev is still there (I would back up the config file though)

RolloS60 said:
Thanks for the tip! One question though (if you know) As mine are NTSC, should I also check Force NTSC and Vid Patch for the newer games?

QUOTE(Matt93 @ Jul 9 2009, 06:26 PM)
Wow, nice quadruple post.
The was a pretty useful comment. Thanks for sharing!
rolleyes.gif

Yeah I did have 4 versions installed, but dumped 9, now use 7 as main one, and use 8 to update covers, but now that 1 is out I may try it with all the games now that the settings are saved.

"(I would back up the config file though) " by this do you mean the xml files?

rutny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neardark said:
"(I would back up the config file though) " by this do you mean the xml files?

yeah mate sorry the gamelist.xml ... that should have your current game settings in it

Azadar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe someone mentioned early this version now supports GameCUBE games off the HDD???? If so is there any instructions!!!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto