Not open for further replies.

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
feartuna said:
ringorinfret said:
a regular channel contains the code for the application...a forwarder only points to the application on the SD card...
so by installing the channel after installing the forwarder am I to assume I now have the channel installed instead of the forwarder. Does this mean I dont need the boot.dol in apps\coverfloder

Thank for the info

if you installed both the forwarder and the channel, you could delete the forwarder using the wii channel management and keep only the regular channel, then you dont need the apps in the coverfloder as it is self-contained in the channel

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ringorinfret said:
feartuna said:
ringorinfret said:
a regular channel contains the code for the application...a forwarder only points to the application on the SD card...
so by installing the channel after installing the forwarder am I to assume I now have the channel installed instead of the forwarder. Does this mean I dont need the boot.dol in apps\coverfloder

Thank for the info

if you installed both the forwarder and the channel, you could delete the forwarder using the wii channel management and keep only the regular channel, then you dont need the apps in the coverfloder as it is self-contained in the channel
The normal channel overwrites the "forwarder" one and vice-versa, since they have the same titleid
smile.gif

del76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see it asked over the last few pages but never answered. What is the deal with error 2 showing up again. I dont see the option to turn it on like NEO and cios 13b has this issue with the remote sync. I know cios rev13b this is automatically fixed but I never had an issue prior till i tried the July 4th release. Is there a way around error 2 that im missing

Thanks

feartuna

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Davi92 said:
ringorinfret said:
feartuna said:
ringorinfret said:

Thank for the info

The normal channel overwrites the "forwarder" one and vice-versa, since they have the same titleid
smile.gif

Hence, why I wasnt seeing a new channel. Things are crystal clear to me now. Thanks all.

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this gamecube support is for burned gamecube dvd backups and not from the hard drive? Or is it a joke in order to display the credits? I dont have any gamecube backups to test this out with atm.

rutny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
del76 said:
I see it asked over the last few pages but never answered. What is the deal with error 2 showing up again. I dont see the option to turn it on like NEO and cios 13b has this issue with the remote sync. I know cios rev13b this is automatically fixed but I never had an issue prior till i tried the July 4th release. Is there a way around error 2 that im missing

Thanks

In both the 4th of July release, and yesterdays official release, you can find this option AFTER you click the game. There is a gear icon on the top right hand side. Click that and the options are there.

Lastly

Tempin' at the speed of sound
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. As again, the loader is a big sucess! Thank you develop team for the update!

Spoiler for GC Backup below:

Code:
The GC backup is so called a "Joke". For me, it wasn't really a humorus thing. But that is only my opinon. For those you want to see this "Joke", press the following sequence order:

[Control-Pad Buttons] (Not nuchuck angle stick!)

Up
Up
Down
Down
Left
Right
Left
Right

[Buttons]

B 
A

Fiesty Panda

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gotta test this. If its gamecube games off USB then I have gotta donate again. If its backup support, then I can get rid of another app on my SD card, and a nice addition to the best USB loader. With that said, the changelist is EXTREMELY misleading. A USB loader with gamecube support sounds A LOT like loading GC isos off HDD.

Since nobody else has already done so, I'll report back in an hour or so.

EDIT: Alright, its a hoax, unicorns and babies fill the screen. Damn it.

EDIT 2: The wads won't install too. This whole update is very disappointing.

Lastly

Tempin' at the speed of sound
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fiesty Panda said:
I've gotta test this. If its gamecube games off USB then I have gotta donate again. If its backup support, then I can get rid of another app on my SD card, and a nice addition to the best USB loader. With that said, the changelist is EXTREMELY misleading. A USB loader with gamecube support sounds A LOT like loading GC isos off HDD.

I highly advise you not to try the GC Backup. Although it will be nice to donate to the develop team.
If you want to know why I advise you not to try, read my previous post which is located above your recent post.

Requests
-----------------------------
Anyway, I would really like to see a GC support for this USB.
I use this USB loader as my primary. I would also like to see Interface improvment and more "Itune"-lish. Like categories, names, and better button.
Instead of pressing two and it just plainly flip to the back cover of the games, I would like to see it more animated and lively like the the USB loader called, "Wiiflower".
Something like soft-reset. During gameplay, somehow, you can press a button combination or something similar and then return to the loader without returing to the menu, or resetting the system. Maybe, we can return by pressing reset.
Thanks~

rutny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fiesty Panda said:

The wads worked just fine for me mate...well wad. I don't use channel wads personally. But the loader wad worked just fine.
Edit - I should added I'm on 3.2U 13b

katrem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks guys, I'm so happy with everything you have done to make this loader what it is right now. I'm very pleased that it is released as a wad now too, it's working brilliantly by the way: fast, stable and looking great. The only thing that took me some work was renaming my disk images (I couldn't find a download option for those).

The last 'flaw' I can find is the cursor acting up every now and then (getting stuck as if in b-button scroll mode and hardly able to move it), it already did this in previous versions and can be 'fixed' by detaching and re-attaching the nunchuck.

TheGlade

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
First of all I want to thank the team for releaseing V1.0.
The application has really grown over the last few weeks.

But I've noticed with version 1.0 My wifi won't initialize (No IP address)
Until I've downloaded the titles. If I try to download covers right away the loader hangs.

I'll also report this issue on gc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto