Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
asuperdad said:
To Devs:

The red status bar that fills from left to right during startup behaves strangely. It generally heads from left to right, but with a bit of angst.

I didn't really like that, so I took a look at the source code hoping for an easy fix (no such luck). It was a bit tricky because the root cause has something to do with the graphics libraries and I am not familiar with them, plus the documentation for GRRLIB was a bit lean and it looks like you guys are using a modified version.

Anyhow, I managed to get the thing working the way I like with a bit of trial and error, i.e., I now have smooth left to right status bar action.

These are the changes I made:[*]In MAIN.C, I changed MAIN() so GRRLIB_Init() is called first thing after ClearBufferSlotMemory(). (It looked like it should go there, but it might not be necessary to move it.)[*]In GFX.C, I removed the calls to GRRLIB_2D_Init() in Paint_Progress_FadeInStart(), Paint_Progress_FadeToBG(), and Paint_Progress(). (They looked like redundant calls so I got rid of them.)[*]Also in GFX.C, I changed Paint_Progress() so the call to GRRLIB_Render() is prior to the second call of CFreeTypeGX_DrawText() in that function (which is part of the #ifdef DEBUG block.)

Nice
smile.gif

I love it when users find and suggest fixes!!! A+++++++++++++++++++++

We'll work the fix into the final 1.0 release.

Thanks again!

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tryed downloading the conver for disney sing it. Nothing comes out. I can not get a cover for it. I saw it there before but it disappeared. Also when I load a game depending on the size. The estimate time goes fast some times it will not tell you how long it has. But other than that it works great.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I haven't checked for a while and things are a mess it seems. Sorry, I don't mean to just complain, because I absolutely love the loader, but I'm not a fan of the recent changes.

(Not a loader-specific complaint, just general:) Hopefully this new cover site works out well, but the first one claimed nearly unlimited bandwidth as well and we see how well that worked out. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that most people who are too cheap to buy the games would also be too cheap to donate a few bucks to a great site to keep it going.

And wow, forcing everyone to switch to 6 digit codes without some intermediate build that will automatically rename things or something? Seriously? I realize that it's more standard to have 6 digits, but that's a huge pain in the ass for the user to have to rename everything, especially since (at least in the older build I'm running) there's no way to actually DISPLAY that 6 digit code in order to rename things.

I guess it's a good thing that I see absolutely no reason to upgrade from my currently working build anyway, because it seems it's redownload all the covers from scratch again (and hopefully they're all up there on the new site, but I don't know for sure), or very slowly manually rename everything.

Like I said, I hate to be complaining about this, I love the program, but it's not really worth the effort to me for absolutely no real benefit right now (especially since I never liked the titles.txt feature anyway and this is just a version of that with more data.)

scognito

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
jhoff80 said:

You have right, but sometimes breaking changes occurs.
Since we didn't release a stable version yet (even if it is quite stable) some change may still happen.
Probably a conversion mechanism could be done but if it introduces new bugs, we have to fix them too.
If you see the commit log you'll see that commits are few, most of us are in vacation (not me
frown.gif
) or doesn't have time (me!), so we prefere to spend our little time to improve things rather than build backward compatibilty code.

Scognito

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Neardark,

There is a channel. Check back around page 110-120, and one of the posts has the channel. Explains really what you need. I would be of more help, but I am at work and not at home, so I don't have easy access to the info.

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
alucard77 said:
Hey Neardark,

There is a channel. Check back around page 110-120, and one of the posts has the channel. Explains really what you need. I would be of more help, but I am at work and not at home, so I don't have easy access to the info.

hey thanks, will have a wee look and see if I can find it.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
scognito said:
Since we didn't release a stable version yet (even if it is quite stable) some change may still happen.
Probably a conversion mechanism could be done but if it introduces new bugs, we have to fix them too.
If you see the commit log you'll see that commits are few, most of us are in vacation (not me
frown.gif
) or doesn't have time (me!), so we prefere to spend our little time to improve things rather than build backward compatibilty code.

Yeah, sorry for that, that came off a little angrier than intended. I definitely appreciate the hard work, I was just a bit frustrated when I saw that. I'll probably end up saving my current folder and attempting redownloading everything again when I have more time- hopefully all / most of my games will have covers on the new site already and then it won't even be an issue...

niceguychris

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cbbarker.blogspot.com
XP
Country
RolloS60 said:
Escape-To-88 said:
...Is it possible for any build to allow you to play games consecutively? I.e after you have finished one not having to reset the console?

This is a known issue of cIOS rev13...try it with cIOS rev10

Cool, I thought it was just me having this problem, is the problem with CoverFloader and Revision 13 or just Revision 13 in general?
Keep up the excellent work people......

rutny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jhoff80 said:
scognito said:
frown.gif

Yeah, sorry for that, that came off a little angrier than intended. I definitely appreciate the hard work, I was just a bit frustrated when I saw that. I'll probably end up saving my current folder and attempting redownloading everything again when I have more time- hopefully all / most of my games will have covers on the new site already and then it won't even be an issue...

Mate it is a new site. You have to have a bit of patience as they haven't gotten everything up yet. Taz's site didn't spring up overnight either. At any rate, if you can't stand to have blank covers for a few weeks ...just rename the ones you have. Google "excel batch renamer" (If you have any experience with excel, some dude somewhere, made a pretty easy renamer)

I ended up having to rename oh maybe 3 covers...out of 203. Disk art on the other hand.....I only got 69 (NICE #!) If it's that big an issue you may just hold back on one of the last couple of builds (Although you will have had to donate to the last cover site to use the function within the coverfloader)

JackyX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Love your loader, exceptional work, very sexy interface
wink.gif
One thing remaining, can u support USB instead of SD for loading covers, etc? Cheers, Jack

Fiesty Panda

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Renaming box/disc art is a pain in the ass for those of us without wifi. Beardface: Stop naming them release candidates when the changelist is so small. Try to get past update 1 before making a whole another release candidate. With that said, excellent work, I use this as my primary USB loader.

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WEll I notice that disney sing it, honnah, and mario kart does not have 3d box art yet. In 2d I get all of them except mario kart, and penny racer games. I also notice that the mario kart is name Mario Kart Alternate. That could be the problem why there is no art. Today I tryed to load another game and got a code dump dsi. Using ciso rev 10. Maybe if update to ciso rev 13 it will fix the problem. Also tryed to download the text, but keep getting error message. Wii Sport games freezes does not play, maybe the cd was to scratch up. But will check it out later.

Als was wondering if I hook up to hard drives to the wii, will the loader recognize both drives?

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fiesty Panda said:
Renaming box/disc art is a pain in the ass for those of us without wifi. Beardface: Stop naming them release candidates when the changelist is so small. Try to get past update 1 before making a whole another release candidate. With that said, excellent work, I use this as my primary USB loader.

They are RELEASE Candidates; so the updates should be small. (A RC is a potential 1.0 if it goes over well.)

Also, please don't tell me how to code or release code unless you are contributing code.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 questions about this loader,
1-can I change the location path for the 3d covers that are downloaded, instead of /usb-loader/3dcovers to somewhere else?
2-will there be a update feature through the network connection for this loader?
thanks

scognito

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
bnm81002 said:
I have 2 questions about this loader,
1-can I change the location path for the 3d covers that are downloaded, instead of /usb-loader/3dcovers to somewhere else?
2-will there be a update feature through the network connection for this loader?
thanks

Not right now but will work on it
wink.gif

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only thing I am wondering is this. It seems to me that the box models you are using for the covers to wrap around are a bit too slim. Some of the covers actually dont fit just right. Ive noticed this since the beginning but have never said anything about it. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? Seems like they should be just a smidge wider.......anyone?

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The following games have no images

2d cover art:
mario kart alternative
pennyracersparty Turbo-q Speedway
Super Paper Mario

3d cover art:
cate west- The Vanishing files
Disney: Sing It

No Disk Image:
Build A Bear
Redneck Jamboree
Cate West- The Vanishing Files
Disney think Fast
Disney Sing It
Excite Bots
Both Honnah games
Penny racer

That the name that appears. Some appear on 2d, but than have no 3d. And vice versus. Anyone know how to fix this

Also My Wii Sports load but than the screen turns white and freezes. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: