Not open for further replies.

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CuriousG said:
Scoobyscoobydoo said:
Are you trying to use the 3d 'full' covers?, from what i can see no full covers have been uploaded yet to that site

As a matter of fact I was. When it didn't work the first time I tried it, I also tried the standard 2D covers before I tried to recompile it again. I'll give the 2D another try and report my findings later.

I know it is bad form to quote yourself but I tried it again last night and the regular covers didn't work either. Then this morning I see RC9 was out even though I started to compile my own when I saw the SVN had been updated so I tried out RC9 and at least it downloads the covers.

Regular covers downloaded everything except Nitrobike which I think it didn't have in its library. Now here is where it gets a bit tricky. I decided to try out 3D covers and after the first pass it got like 4 covers only. I think there's something wrong with the error handling. It appears to have stopped on Bleach vs Crusade (J). So I ran the 3D cover again and this time it got a lot more covers but again it stopped at some point and I think it was Tiger Woods 2010. I ran it again and this time it got Tiger Woods and stopped on Wii Sports Resort (J). One more pass and it got the rest of the covers other than the missing ones.

I notice that it queries all the covers through wiitdb.com on every pass which doesn't make it very efficient. Wouldn't it be better to query what covers are missing then make those requests through wiitdb.com? I think Wiiflow and USB Loader GX does this already.

slyfirth

Trophies
XP
Country
just got all the covers for the games i have all work with the disks covers but not 3d covers got all them has well but can not get them to work also if i press the home button on the remote and then press hdloader the wii crashes with a exeption occurred lots of numbers
stack dump lots of numbers
and code dump lots of numbers
any help

scognito

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
slyfirth said:
just got all the covers for the games i have all work with the disks covers but not 3d covers got all them has well but can not get them to work also if i press the home button on the remote and then press hdloader the wii crashes with a exeption occurred lots of numbers
stack dump lots of numbers
and code dump lots of numbers
any help

Is your keyboard broken? I didn't understand what you wrote without using ", . ; ?" and other.
Anyway 3D covers works well here, with 22 games, and other people confirms that too.
Please remove all usb-loader directory and download them again, maybe some file is corrupted.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A completely legal animated channel (benzin FTW!) is available here.
Keep your hard work with this loader, it rocks
smile.gif

Jaz808

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So all the people who donated money to keep wiiboxart running so we can use coverfloader to download covers was a waste of time, and all the 4 digit covers wont work now, is this what you are saying, i hope not.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any possibility of an update feature for this Loader through the network connection, so that we don't have to install the boot.dol file for any new versions?

Jaz808

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That was a pain in the ass, renaming alot of my covers again,
New site had only 60% of full covers (3d) and 15% of disc art, 120 games mostly pal

rutny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jaz808 said:
So all the people who donated money to keep wiiboxart running so we can use coverfloader to download covers was a waste of time, and all the 4 digit covers wont work now, is this what you are saying, i hope not.

Funny you mention your donation as this has been on my mind a LOT lately...I'm curious how many people donated to wiiboxart for cover art, but didn't donate to the devs of this loader for THEIR hard ass work.....just a thought. (Not taking any hard work away from Taz here)

Also two posts below this you complain of having to rename some covers....dude cmon think about the HARD work the devs do...the HARD work the cover site owners do...be thankful you don't have to locate, re-size, determine what the heck the right file name is for each and every one of them. When you put it in perspective, doesn't it seem a tad selfish? You poor Devs I still have MAD respect for all you do.

Anyways, I also was unable to get about a dozen of the covers both in flat and 3-D out of over 200. However, the site is relatively new and I typically will update once a week or so...so not a big deal if I have blank covers for a few days (I can still read what the title is) ...or if I am hard pressed I can rename the few I am missing.

I got 9 up and looks real good (first time I have tried 3D since like I dunno rev 2/3...back in the old days) Pert near gave me a stiffie it looks so hot.

One thing I did notice (and maybe I am just an idiot) In the general settings I have "Force NTSC" and Vid Patch "ON". In the individual game settings I am having to reset these values, then when I leave the game and go back in, the game settings are no longer set. I tried the lock..thinking it would lock the settings in place, although I have a feeling that lock is for something else.

Any ideas as to what it is I am doing wrong? Fishears as I type this...I am waiting on it to download all the cheats....200 games...sheesh It's what I get for pushing all the flashy buttons...

Anyways gang...once again on a bang up job. The only other thing I'd like to see is an update check button ( I am sure this will come in time though)
Cheers!
Rutny

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rutny said:
Jaz808 said:

Funny you mention your donation as this has been on my mind a LOT lately...I'm curious how many people donated to wiiboxart for cover art, but didn't donate to the devs of this loader for THEIR hard ass work.....just a thought. (Not taking any hard work away from Taz here)

Some of the devs got donated to as a matter of respect for their input into the community, pretty much anything left over after my own costs were paid for was re-donated back to the devs , though i did miss one or 2 and im still trying to sort that out.

If the new site needs any covers just let me know and ill send on a bunch , its a very well done site and id like to help them complete their list - if they need 4 digit code images as well (just in case until the 6 digits kick in properly) i can provide them as well

Jaz808

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was hoping the Rc9 would support both 4 and 6 digit codes for the time being,

Rutny try deleting gamelist.xml then all the individual game setting should be saved
I am happy to donate to coverfloader, just tell me how

Vulguerra, what do you need to know ?

Covers are:
SD Card
make a folder called: usb-loader
inside usb-loader make 3 more folders called: covers , 3dcovers , disks

The program:
extract the zip file to Apps folder on the sd-card
then use Homebrew channel to launch
or in this thread many pages back are channel forwarders which are wads, which you install with Wad Manager, each forwarder has its own instructions as to where to put the boot.dol that launches the game

Escape-To-88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent work guys!
Wondered a couple of things: Is it possible for any build to allow you to play games consecutively? I.e after you have finished one not having to reset the console?
And secondly; any idea of House of the Dead 2 will work with any forthcoming release?
Ta

RolloS60

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Escape-To-88 said:
...Is it possible for any build to allow you to play games consecutively? I.e after you have finished one not having to reset the console?

This is a known issue of cIOS rev13...try it with cIOS rev10

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Davi92 said:
A completely legal animated channel (benzin FTW!) is available here.
Keep your hard work with this loader, it rocks
smile.gif

Nice! I'm going to pull in RC9 and distribute and RC9 channel.

I'll try to keep updating a coverfloader channel whenever we release a new version.

asuperdad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To Devs:

The red status bar that fills from left to right during startup behaves strangely. It generally heads from left to right, but with a bit of angst.

I didn't really like that, so I took a look at the source code hoping for an easy fix (no such luck). It was a bit tricky because the root cause has something to do with the graphics libraries and I am not familiar with them, plus the documentation for GRRLIB was a bit lean and it looks like you guys are using a modified version.

Anyhow, I managed to get the thing working the way I like with a bit of trial and error, i.e., I now have smooth left to right status bar action.

These are the changes I made:
[*]In MAIN.C, I changed MAIN() so GRRLIB_Init() is called first thing after ClearBufferSlotMemory(). (It looked like it should go there, but it might not be necessary to move it.)[*]In GFX.C, I removed the calls to GRRLIB_2D_Init() in Paint_Progress_FadeInStart(), Paint_Progress_FadeToBG(), and Paint_Progress(). (They looked like redundant calls so I got rid of them.)[*]Also in GFX.C, I changed Paint_Progress() so the call to GRRLIB_Render() is prior to the second call of CFreeTypeGX_DrawText() in that function (which is part of the #ifdef DEBUG block.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper